Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 9325 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Introducing myself
« on: March 24, 2006, 11:44:10 PM »

Hello all. I thought I'd say hi before I started posting. I came across this site in search of some information on a particular part number. I currently have a 01 SERG. Of all my bikes this is my favorite. A few add ons make it mine such as Legends Air, RC Components Royale 18" wheels, Pioneer AVIC-N2 Navigation/GPS/DVD/MP3/CD player with rear view camera. I'm considering adding a little more umph to the Geezer Glide. I already have the heads of choice. I've been reading up on my possible cam choices. Well that's it for now.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 12:44:05 AM »

Welcome to the site, and the bike looks great!  Now get ready to spend a LOT of $'s... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 01:06:20 AM »

Nice looking bike, so I know what the DVD is for, the kids for the long trips, But what the hell is the
rear view camera for?
Later
Bubba
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 01:09:39 AM »

Puzzled, welcome to the site........you'll like it here.  With the exception of the seat, that's the best lookin SERG I've ever saw........I've always been partial to that color scheme. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 01:41:20 AM »

Welcome to the site [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
I love the slammed ride with the 18"ers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 04:15:49 AM »

Hey! Puzzled
Welcome to the site, what a beautiful Bike not sure what more you could do to it.
OH! sorry I forgot where I was, somebody will !!!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 05:31:08 AM »

Howdy Puzzled. Nice looking ride! Lots of good info to browse through here. Enjoy.

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 05:40:37 AM »

Welcome Puzzled, that's one beautiful bike you have!
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 07:23:41 AM »

Puzzled,
Welcome to the site. Your bike looks awesome! From your post looks like you're not new to this game of tricking out bikes, but I'm sure you will find some things here that will grab your eye. On that note you better hold on to your wallet many have known to been bitten by the "OCD/SEO" once joining this site.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 08:12:38 AM »

Thank you all for the welcome and compliments.

In reference to the seat, I agree 100%. I don't care for the passenger section but I truly enjoy the rider section. I'm leary of changing it and loosing my comfort. Since this is my trip bike I HAVE to be comfortable. I'm no Iron Butt by any means but I do make the Pa to Daytona run each year non-stop, 16 hours straight through.

The rear camera... ;D It serves no purpose. It will never replace the mirrors. It does work nice when riding with a group or in slow traffic.

While in Daytona a few weeks back was the first time I used the navigation. I used it for the map function. I hit some heavy traffic coming over from Orlando and pulled up my location to see how I could get around it all. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2023 CVO Road Glide

cigarmike

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 08:17:48 AM »

Welcome to the site, All newbies are now required to post both Visa and pin #'s upon arriving now, it makes spending your money for you, all that much easier.

Don't worry, you will like what we buy for you. 8-)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 08:19:54 AM by cigarmike »

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 08:51:48 AM »

Welcome to the site, All newbies are now required to post both Visa and pin #'s upon arriving now, it makes spending your money for you, all that much easier.

Don't worry, you will like what we buy for you. 8-)
No problem let me go and get them. ;D I don't have any problems spending the coin. I just finished a project called "Budget Build" and I already started acquiring parts for another build. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]I'm addicted,
2023 CVO Road Glide

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 09:40:06 AM »

Welcome to the site Puzzled [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Nice looking ride you have there. I've had thoughts about installing the same head unit...but it's pretty pricey. How is the screen in daylight?
 I see you already have the CVO/OCD sickness! You've joined the right support group!!

Take Care,

Grover  

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 09:57:17 AM »

I picked the complete assembly up for $1200.00. When I started pricing a new radio with MP3 capabilities along with a navigation system of some sort the total cost was competitive. One of the deciding factors was the MoCo stuff was all add ons and it would be either on my bars or fairing. This was of no interest to me.

As far as the screen goes it is visible during the day. Of course sun glare makes it tough to see. This is where the voice over comes in handy. As I use it more I find more features that make it more enjoyable. One such thing is the screen angle adjustment. Since it's in a RG the screen angle is off to begin with. With the adjustment I'm able to set the screen upright or tilt it forward some to combat the sun.

The only downside to the entire system to me is the clock. Yep the clock. With the screen closed I can not see the clock at all while the sun is out. If it were in a bat wing fairing I feel this wouldn't be an issue. Trivial but annoying nonetheless.

A picture before I learned how to use the screen adjustment. Notice the cars behind me in the screen?
2023 CVO Road Glide

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 10:12:01 AM »

In reference to the seat, I agree 100%. I don't care for the passenger section but I truly enjoy the rider section. I'm leary of changing it and loosing my comfort. Since this is my trip bike I HAVE to be comfortable. I'm no Iron Butt by any means but I do make the Pa to Daytona run each year non-stop, 16 hours straight through.

Hey, don't pay any attention to me..........I'm just one more guy here that will help you spend your money. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]    I mean, after all, you could end up just like me.....with a garage wall covered with seats. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

As for the long hauls and the solo, I think I've finally found the seat in the Corbin Classic. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I do have the HD Comfort Stitch for two up riding but it's not comfortable on the long hauls.........surprisingly, that would be the Corbin.  Very firm to the touch.......almost hard feeling but very, very comfortable on the distance.  At the end of the day, my mind is not on my butt or my tailbone like it is with all the other seats.  Can't explain it, but it works.

If you ride two up, here's a seat (it's a 4 second slide show) that Corbin made for me that you may be interested in.....it's called the Dual Tourer with heaters.....
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=12&uid=912505&gid=4000502&

J.C.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 10:16:08 AM »

The camera's pretty cool. It would be nice in certain situations. Did you retain hand controls for stereo? What do you use to cover head unit in the event of a rain storm? I'm in the market for a gps & am not too fond of the stock head unit. So I might check into the pioneer unit a little further. With the portable gps it would be nice to take in the vehicle while traveling. So I'll have to weigh out the options.

Thanks for the info [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

Hello all. I thought I'd say hi before I started posting. I came across this site in search of some information on a particular part number. I currently have a 01 SERG. Of all my bikes this is my favorite. A few add ons make it mine such as Legends Air, RC Components Royale 18" wheels, [highlight]Pioneer AVIC-N2 Navigation/GPS/DVD/MP3/CD player with rear view camera[/highlight]. I'm considering adding a little more umph to the Geezer Glide. I already have the heads of choice. I've been reading up on my possible cam choices. Well that's it for now.

Welcome to the site. Ya got a beautiful scoot. Just what we need more goodies for our scoots. Sounds like you have turned the wrenches a time or two. We look forward to you joining in on the discussions and sharing some of your ideas with the group.

SanJoseDuke
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 10:28:11 AM »

Biketronics makes a retro fit box that retains most of the hand control functions.

A cover would be nice. However I don't cover it. I rode home in six hours of rain from Virginia up to PA. The face of the unit got some moisture in it but it cleared up within a day or so. No different than my gauges! I did stop at a few marina type shops in search of a removable cover. Everything I found was a permanent mount which I'm not after. I believe I could chuck one of the permanent ones up in the mill and cut it to where it would do what I want it to. For now I'll keep searching for a ready made one.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 10:31:26 AM »

Welcome to the site. Ya got a beautiful scoot. Just what we need more goodies for our scoots. Sounds like you have turned the wrenches a time or two. We look forward to you joining in on the discussions and sharing some of your ideas with the group.

SanJoseDuke
Thank you. The bagger was suppose to be a get on it and ride bike. Unlike the ones I build or modify which require constant attention. ::) They all have thier purpose.
2023 CVO Road Glide

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2006, 10:33:59 AM »

Nice ride...welcome to the site...

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »

Biketronics makes a retro fit box that retains most of the hand control functions.

A cover would be nice. However I don't cover it. I rode home in six hours of rain from Virginia up to PA. The face of the unit got some moisture in it but it cleared up within a day or so. No different than my gauges! I did stop at a few marina type shops in search of a removable cover. Everything I found was a permanent mount which I'm not after. I believe I could chuck one of the permanent ones up in the mill and cut it to where it would do what I want it to. For now I'll keep searching for a ready made one.
If they don't make what you need make it or modify it yourself.That is the true wrench mantra.It seems you got that part down.That is what seperates us from the suit and tie bikers.Nice ride and welcome.Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2006, 11:46:09 AM »

If they don't make what you need make it or modify it yourself.That is the true wrench mantra.It seems you got that part down.That is what seperates us from the suit and tie bikers.Nice ride and welcome.Later,Q

Bigdaddy "suit and tie bikers" that's like an oxymoron or something right? the politically correct term is "motorcycle enthusiast" or sometimes they like to be called "scooter trash" LOL!!!! [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2006, 12:42:16 AM »

Hey! Puzzled
I have the same Pioneer unit in my Hummer, really love it. There's so much that you can do with it, I"ve had it about a year now and still finding things I didn't realize it made.    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Don ( ISelBulls )                                                                 [smiley=cherry.gif]

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2006, 10:45:24 PM »

Hello all. I thought I'd say hi before I started posting. I came across this site in search of some information on a particular part number. I currently have a 01 SERG. Of all my bikes this is my favorite. A few add ons make it mine such as Legends Air, RC Components Royale 18" wheels, Pioneer AVIC-N2 Navigation/GPS/DVD/MP3/CD player with rear view camera. I'm considering adding a little more umph to the Geezer Glide. I already have the heads of choice. I've been reading up on my possible cam choices. Well that's it for now.
Puzzled,
Welcome to the site [smiley=drink.gif] damn fine looking RG! You'll find all the info you can digest here bro!
Enjoy
MYCVO [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 12:28:34 PM »

Puzzled,

Welcome to the site & love the look of your fine looking scoot!

Ride safe!

Yellowsedeuce

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 12:48:31 PM »

Welcome Puz; hope you enjoy the site and I'm sure you'll have that old classic SERG forever!  ;D

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 12:55:11 PM »

Welcome Puz; hope you enjoy the site and I'm sure you'll have that old classic SERG forever!  ;D
Now we know who the chite disturber is LOL interested to see how many blind hits this gets 
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 01:01:55 PM »

Now we know who the chite disturber is LOL interested to see how many blind hits this gets 

;D :drink: :drummer:  Welcome aboard to Puzzled and another classic SERG for the registry!  :drummer: :drink: ;D

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 02:10:01 PM »

Welcome from the Mountain State!  Good lookin' Ride!  Reminds me of OTIS!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2016, 05:48:42 AM »

Welcome from PA !!!!
DND

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2016, 07:15:01 AM »

Welcome from northern Illinois!

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2016, 09:19:27 AM »

Hey Mike I'm really confused by the dates and this post?? What's up

BigLew

By the way putting the air tank on this week.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2016, 03:14:48 PM »

Hey Mike I'm really confused by the dates and this post?? What's up

BigLew

By the way putting the air tank on this week.

Lew, it wasn't Mike that reinvigorated this thread it was me.  I was bored and it was probably late.  So I grabbed the very oldest/earliest/prettiest introductory thread I could find in this section and responded to it like it was new.  Just wondering how many responses it would get by folks who didn't even look  :drink: .

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2016, 06:22:51 PM »

:nixweiss:   WTF??? puz traded his bike
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2016, 01:42:35 PM »

Lew, it wasn't Mike that reinvigorated this thread it was me.  I was bored and it was probably late.  So I grabbed the very oldest/earliest/prettiest introductory thread I could find in this section and responded to it like it was new.  Just wondering how many responses it would get by folks who didn't even look  :drink: .

LMAO.....

Wow I've been here over 10 years already....
2023 CVO Road Glide

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2016, 03:44:04 PM »

LMAO.....

Consider yourself lucky.... took 10 years before you were "twolane'd". ;) :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

jc15025

• 2015 CVO FLHXSE
  • Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2016, 08:23:38 AM »

Welcome from SW PA... JC

sold a 2005 Softail Deluxe and 1971 GTO  for my new used 2015 FLHXSE

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2016, 09:39:34 AM »

LMAO.....

So where is the Grey ghost?

BigLew

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2016, 03:44:22 PM »

Welcome from - Moss - Norway  :coolblue:
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 21 queries.