Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Best Slip-On For The Conv?  (Read 10409 times)

pm203

• Full CVO Member
Re: Best Slip-On For The Conv?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 11:11:49 PM »

That is some great info. Thanks all!

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 01:10:47 AM »

they are the ones i was getting this weekend till it started raining, so they are being done this week with the sert.

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 02:58:39 PM »

Anyone try the V+H slip ons?

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 06:37:47 PM »

2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 01:17:08 PM »

Took a 1 1/8" hole saw and a long arbor and drilled out the plugs in the stockers.  Gives them some sound but is not horribly loud.  Takes about 5 minutes and it's free.  By the way- this is what they do to the cop bikes.  Ever wonder why Police Harleys are slightly louder than stock bikes? 

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 07:53:11 PM »

Took a 1 1/8" hole saw and a long arbor and drilled out the plugs in the stockers.  Gives them some sound but is not horribly loud.  Takes about 5 minutes and it's free.  By the way- this is what they do to the cop bikes.  Ever wonder why Police Harleys are slightly louder than stock bikes? 

Probably not the best option for my CVO Harley.
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 05:25:57 AM »

well it finally sounds like a harley should, screamin eagle slip on slash down mufflers with the screamin eagle proffessional race tuner
total cost $ 1100 , mufflers about $400 tuner $585 and about $100 labour ,
service manager picked her up this morning and delivered home after work..... hows that for great after sales service :pepper: :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock: :orange:

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 02:11:29 PM »

Did you have to use a Race Tuner for the new exhaust? I was told no by my local dealer if just changing out the mufflers.

goldfar

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 02:59:08 PM »

Did you have to use a Race Tuner for the new exhaust? I was told no by my local dealer if just changing out the mufflers.

I've heard dealers suggesting that the O2 sensors can handle the change to the new exhaust system.  Do the tune.

From my experience, the tune completely changed the nature of this bike.  It went from sort of fast to extremly fast and even better for here in the South, the oil temp dropped over 25 degrees.  I never, even on the hottest days in stop and go traffic see more than 250 degrees on the oil temp.  It was exactly like getting a new, stronger, better bike!
2010 Screaming Eagle Softail Convertible
Crimson Red/Autum Haze

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 03:52:34 PM »

the tuner is a big expense, the service manager said yes get it , the dealer conferred with him, and the consensus was , if you want it done right , and you want it to run right get them both... great note as well, it is only on about 400kms all up , and the service manager as bumped the idle till first service , to be done at 1600km, where it will be adjusted and retuned again, hopefully before and after pics will be on today

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 06:29:53 PM »

So, it looks kile the 49 state SE mufflers are the way to go with a race tuner. But, the bike only has 41 miles on it and has been put away for the winter. Do I have to put some miles on it first and break it in before doing the race tuner??Or, should I have my HD dealer do it over the winter while in storage?

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 07:14:12 PM »

there is no reason to put miles on it first, i am just a little quirky about my vehicles, whether they be cars or bikes, i always buy stock standard, then i add on later and i can see the difference, with my first harley , bought it dead stock, ran it for about a month , then put tapered turbo screamin eagle air cleaner and jets, super loud , and i am still loving it , havnt sold it and has 100,000 km on it.
the bikes when they come to australia , have a few different things to the american bikes, such as different mirror stems, who knows why, amber lens not smoked and they are not running lights they are only indicators, and the mufflers do not look like the pictures on the web or in the catologue, they are large tapered , similar i think to the californian ones,
so imho go and do it now , get ther pleasure of firing it up over winter, and think of me in australia second day of summer pouring rain for the next few days , but after that endless days of riding,
i have taken the photos and i am now looking for the cord to plug the camera in so i can put the photos up,
plus i cant wait to take it out and blast the pipes,
getting back to your original query though, the service manager at my dealership bought a brand new heritage the day i got my bike, and put exactly the same set up on straight away

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 10:28:16 PM »

there is no reason to put miles on it first, i am just a little quirky about my vehicles, whether they be cars or bikes, i always buy stock standard, then i add on later and i can see the difference, with my first harley , bought it dead stock, ran it for about a month , then put tapered turbo screamin eagle air cleaner and jets, super loud , and i am still loving it , havnt sold it and has 100,000 km on it.
the bikes when they come to australia , have a few different things to the american bikes, such as different mirror stems, who knows why, amber lens not smoked and they are not running lights they are only indicators, and the mufflers do not look like the pictures on the web or in the catologue, they are large tapered , similar i think to the californian ones,
so imho go and do it now , get ther pleasure of firing it up over winter, and think of me in australia second day of summer pouring rain for the next few days , but after that endless days of riding,
i have taken the photos and i am now looking for the cord to plug the camera in so i can put the photos up,
plus i cant wait to take it out and blast the pipes,
getting back to your original query though, the service manager at my dealership bought a brand new heritage the day i got my bike, and put exactly the same set up on straight away

Thanks for the info. And you are happy the way the bike sounds now?

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 11:17:58 PM »

I got my racer tuner p/n 32109-08B at http://shop.zanottimotor.com/ for $358.74 The retail price from your local H-D shop will cost you $459.95

I did have to pay shipping but no sales tax for the on-line order. I saved over a hundred bucks. Tax would have been double the shipping total.

When the SE Pipes come in, I'll install them and take the bike in for the Dyno Tune.

2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 06:24:10 AM »

did my first real ride with the new set up a few hours ago, very happy with the sound, it is not as mack truck like as my fxstc, i can still hear the stereo comfortably , but when i twist the throttle it burbles without being obnoxious and idles like a harley should
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.