Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Kuryakyn Mark IV highway pegs  (Read 20377 times)

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
Kuryakyn Mark IV highway pegs
« on: March 26, 2006, 09:18:32 PM »

Aparently this is kuryakyn's answer to highway pegs for our bikes... the pics they have suck but I think I will be the test pilot... any thoughts on them good or bad?

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
Re: Kuryakyn Mark IV highway pegs
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 11:34:55 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on this one tune. I was going to get the mark III and modify the support to fit the alleron board before reading there was going to be a option for our bikes.

I have been using the Kuryakyn mustache bar with the duece style alleron pegs for over a year and like the look but the pegs are just too high for long riding. The offsets I installed help but hurt the look of the bar.

Maybe the mark IV is the answer. Your right about the pic, its hard to see if they fold up and where the adustment is.

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 08:01:39 PM »

looks like something i will be ordering.  i'm not fond of crash bars, and really enjoyed the mark III's i had on my 01.  i would really like to see them on a bike if anyone has any pics.  site stated they won't be available until summer 2006?  has anyone ordered them?

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 09:23:42 PM »

tx, they have nothing on them yet, and I am really concerned about the spoiler... I called and their clueless about it, so this tells me we may not want to get too excited yet...Kuryakyn support is the worst I have ever dealt with.. They said if I ordered direct and they didnt fit they would credit my card immediately. I'm still considering HD forwards...

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 10:38:05 PM »

They said if I ordered direct and they didnt fit they would credit my card immediately.
Did you get some sort of price if  you were going to purchase them direct?

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 07:54:01 AM »

179.00 plus shipping

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 03:41:02 PM »

I may end up going with Harley's new mustache bar.  I didn't even think about the spoiler.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 09:27:23 PM »

Thanks for all the info on the Mark IV Tune, I think your right about the spoiler being a problem.

I may have to go back to the idea of hacking the Mark III to fit the Alleron boards.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 12:48:21 AM »

The Kuryukun ERGO Gaurd with fold out highway pegs will fit an 05 CVO, not sure about 06 but seems it should, as far as I know its still the same frame. You will have to change out the footboards too and I think most are doing this anyhowe since they scrape alot in the twisties.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 12:54:28 AM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 09:45:25 PM »

I saw these on a 05 SE FatBoy today... maybe the answer                        http://www.granpas.com/pics.htm

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 10:07:22 PM »

Thanks Tuned.  Interesting highway bars, I like the look, mounting looks a bit light, have you seen these up close?

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 10:44:19 PM »

I saw these on a 05 SE FatBoy today... maybe the answer                        http://www.granpas.com/pics.htm

Saw these last year at the Chicago motorcycle show. I liked the adjustability but the billet bracket and the pegs looked out of place next to the Alleron boards. Just my opinion mind you but I liked the look of the Kuryakyn mustache bar with the alleron duece pegs better.

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 08:26:51 AM »

Thanks Tuned.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 05:48:27 PM »

The Kuryukun ERGO Gaurd with fold out highway pegs will fit an 05 CVO, not sure about 06 but seems it should, as far as I know its still the same frame. You will have to change out the footboards too and I think most are doing this anyhowe since they scrape alot in the twisties.

Are you certain about Kuryakyn Ergo Guard fitting?? That's the first engine guard that I purchased. When my husband went to put it on it hit the nose of the footboards, couldn't get it anywhere near where it needed to be to bolt it on at the bottom. Would have to move the footboards back an inch or have gotten shorter footboards to make it fit. Took it back to my dealer and got the Lindy-Linbar Mustach bar. It fits fine, a little close to the nose of the boards. But not close enough to touch or cause any rattleing or anything. :) Sandy
Sandy :)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 11:28:11 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on this one tune. I was going to get the mark III and modify the support to fit the alleron board before reading [highlight]there was going to be a option for our bikes[/highlight].

I have been using the Kuryakyn mustache bar with the duece style alleron pegs for over a year and like the look but the pegs are just too high for long riding. The offsets I installed help but hurt the look of the bar.

Maybe the mark IV is the answer. Your right about the pic, its hard to see if they fold up and where the adustment is.

does anyone know if kuryakyn has come up with highway pegs for the 06, the web site still shows that the mark III & IV are excluded for the SE. this is the only option I will consider since all the crash bars and mustache bars are too high.
Toes in the water, ass in the sand
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.