Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Security System- kinda a POS.  (Read 2125 times)

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
Security System- kinda a POS.
« on: December 07, 2010, 01:30:14 PM »

So I was parking all the bikes for winter.  I sit on the ConV and it chirps.  WTF! The FOB thing is in my pocket.  It chirps again as I'm moving it into its winter resting spot.  So I grab the other FOB and put it in my other pocket.  Take a seat and right the bike- CHIRP! and the lights flash.  What is up with this thing?  Has this happened to anybody else?  Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity or is this just another quality CVO feature? 

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: Security System- kinda a POS.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 01:55:17 PM »

You may want to double check that the alarm system is working correctly in the first place.  If you can disarm without the fob, change the PIN, etc.  The unit may not be working correctly.  Mine would act as though it was alarming but you never saw the key symbol flash periodically, and I could not get the bike to take my PIN, etc.  Let us know.  That may be step 1.  Pork.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 02:16:20 PM »

So I was parking all the bikes for winter.  I sit on the ConV and it chirps.  WTF! The FOB thing is in my pocket.  It chirps again as I'm moving it into its winter resting spot.  So I grab the other FOB and put it in my other pocket.  Take a seat and right the bike- CHIRP! and the lights flash.  What is up with this thing?  Has this happened to anybody else?  Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity or is this just another quality CVO feature? 

What year bike?  The battery's in the FOB's need to be changed every 2 - 3 years.  When the FOB batteries start to die, that's how they act...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 02:55:50 PM »

The bike is a 2010.  I have no idea what the PIN is.  Can I just disconnect it altogether and be done with it?   

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 03:32:52 PM »

I think your dealer will have selected a PIN check your handbook or ask your dealer what it is. Change it if you want to , works on no. of pushes on right and left signal switches .
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 03:40:43 PM »

The bike is a 2010.  I have no idea what the PIN is.    
Near as I remember, You have to have the fob with you.  Then look in the manual and I think you turn the ignition to ign-off-ign-off-ign and then press on both signal switches at same time for a couple seconds.....the preprogrammed PIN comes on the dashboard and the first number on left flashes so you can change the pin, one number at a time.  But that way you know what the previous PIN is.  But of course you need to have the fob with you.  Try that.     Mine had trouble from the get go because I disconnected the power from the battery without doing all that other stuff......like reading the manual first...... hehe....and shorted out the speedometer.    that's when I took my first alarm lessons......
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 03:43:13 PM by porkypig »

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 06:45:53 AM »

Near as I remember, You have to have the fob with you.  Then look in the manual and I think you turn the ignition to ign-off-ign-off-ign and then press on both signal switches at same time for a couple seconds.....the preprogrammed PIN comes on the dashboard and the first number on left flashes so you can change the pin, one number at a time.  But that way you know what the previous PIN is.  But of course you need to have the fob with you.  Try that.     Mine had trouble from the get go because I disconnected the power from the battery without doing all that other stuff......like reading the manual first...... hehe....and shorted out the speedometer.    that's when I took my first alarm lessons......
Thanks Pork, That's some good advice to get me started.

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 07:11:20 AM »

Had that happen to me 1 time. And I'm thinking it was magnetic interference. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking it could have been my security badge. Damn thing went off and wouldn't even start, and wouldnt shut up! Next time it does it, 1.) Move it away from any magnetic source. Then with key fob handy turn switch to Aux, Stop, Aux, Stop, Aux, On. It's something like that. Maybe Aux, On three times. It'll reset the alarm system and allow you to start it. That was the damndest thing. I'm out in the parking lot where I work, lights and audible alarm going off. I disconected the battery and that didn't work. Took me about 20 minutes to get it to shut up! Mine's got a siren too. I just lucked onto the solution. Guess I read it somewhere. Had a hell of a crowd! I don't. Carry my badge and keyfob in the same pocket anymore. :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:32:02 AM by 1Man »
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »

Had that happen to me 1 time. And I'm thinking it was magnetic interference. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking it could have been my security badge. Damn thing went off and wouldn't even start, and wouldnt shut up! Next time it does it, 1.) Move it away from any magnetic source. Then with key fob handy turn switch to Aux, Stop, Aux, Stop, Aux, On. It's something like that. Maybe Aux, On three times. It'll reset the alarm system and allow you to start it. That was the damndest thing. I'm out in the parking lot where I work, lights and audible alarm going off. I disconected the battery and that didn't work. Took me about 20 minutes to get it to shut up! Mine's got a siren too. I just lucked onto the solution. Guess I read it somewhere. Had a hell of a crowd! I don't. Carry my badge and keyfob in the same pocket anymore. :)

I had my cell phone in my pocket.  Maybe that interfered with it.  What do you guys think?

fourstar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO2: 04 FLSTCI
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 07:36:03 PM »

I've had some unusual problems with my system as well.  At times the system will activate and then the alarm goes off while I'm on the bike.   Changing the battery in the key fobs seems to have resolved it.  Apparently the passive systems are highly sensitive to voltage drops.  I now carry a spare. 
“Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red!”
                                                             -Sammy Hagar

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.