Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting Quotes & Trade In Estimates  (Read 2818 times)

DOOFUS

Getting Quotes & Trade In Estimates
« on: December 19, 2010, 12:01:22 PM »

I'm contacting dealers in the DC area for the 2011 SERG. I've had 9 bikes (5 HD, 2 FLTR).  Love the Road Glide the best.  But methinks we will all get a good laugh at the trade in bux on my 2010 FLHTK with only 11,800 miles; Chubby 577, braided lines, dyno tuned, Monster ovals, center stand, george anderson extender, Hartco seat, PIAA long range lights, HID headlight, etc, etc.  Will keep yall informed.  If ya see a 2011 SERG pls do let me know.  Merry Christmas to all, DOOFUS.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Getting Quotes & Trade In Estimates
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 12:53:03 PM »

I'm contacting dealers in the DC area for the 2011 SERG. I've had 9 bikes (5 HD, 2 FLTR).  Love the Road Glide the best.  But methinks we will all get a good laugh at the trade in bux on my 2010 FLHTK with only 11,800 miles; Chubby 577, braided lines, dyno tuned, Monster ovals, center stand, george anderson extender, Hartco seat, PIAA long range lights, HID headlight, etc, etc.  Will keep yall informed.  If ya see a 2011 SERG pls do let me know.  Merry Christmas to all, DOOFUS.

Doofus,
HD of Washington, Port Washington, MD, has a grey/black RUSE.
Whitts HD in Manassas, VA has both a grey/black and red/black RUSE. 
Don't know about Patriot in Fairfax.  :nixweiss:

Take the George Anderson tour pack extender off and use it on the RUSE.  You'll only end up buying another one for the RUSE if you don't. Also take the Monster Ovals off and re-use them too.  The Hartco seat should transfer with no problem too.  I'd recommend you put the '10 back to stock as much as possible as dealers rarely, if ever, take into account accessories that you put on, they'll work from low blue (black) book for trade-in value.  ....just sayin.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

DOOFUS

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 01:18:09 PM »

Thnx RedDevil -- I was thinking along those lines too.  // I contacted Ft Wash & Whitts.  I would not go back to Patriot even if it wld bring my Sainted Mother back from the dead.  Hope to see you soon with a new ride, DOOFUS

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 01:21:37 PM »

Thnx RedDevil -- I was thinking along those lines too.  // I contacted Ft Wash & Whitts.  I would not go back to Patriot even if it wld bring my Sainted Mother back from the dead.  Hope to see you soon with a new ride, DOOFUS

Good luck Doofus.  Hopefully, if/when you get your new ride, and the weather gets a little better, we can hook up.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

DOOFUS

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 06:47:49 PM »

I visited 7 dealer sites that had a SERG or SEUC. I filled out the on line form for getting a quote.  Only 2 dealers responded as of TUE evening.  I visited the one of those 2 closest to me today.  I think we have a deal.  I'll post more after finalizing on WED.  Thnx to all, DOOFUS

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 06:53:58 PM »

That was awful quick, must have been a good deal.. :nixweiss:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.