Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: LED's on the ConV - Headlight, Tail & Turn Signal  (Read 23338 times)

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
LED's on the ConV - Headlight, Tail & Turn Signal
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:36:45 PM »

I just completed Phase III of the lighting upgrades on the ConV. Phase III was to upgrade the tail & turn signals with brighter LED arrays from Custom Dynamics. Here's what's been done so far light-wise:

Phase I - Orange LED lighting on the engine & wheels (pictures to follow)
Phase II - H-D LED Headlight
Phase III - Custom Dynamics LED Turn & Brake Lamps
-and-
Phase IV - TBD (perhaps some discreet driving lights...)

The LED headlight was a simple plug and play install that took minutes to complete. The attached pics show the before and after results. In the before shots I was already using an upgraded Osram Rallye 65W bulb so the improvement over stock is even more dramatic than the pictures indicate. 

The turn and tail light kit included load equalizer custom made for the ConV and it maintains all normal alarm flash functionality as well as a normal blink rate. The results are much better than the pictures show and these too were a simple plug-in install with no wire cutting or other permanent mod to the electrical system. Overall I am very pleased with the results.

MikeV

Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

Re: LED's on the ConV - Headlight, Tail & Turn Signal
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 11:38:44 PM »

Stock light on garage door (well stock with Osram Rally 65W bulb on low beam):
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 11:40:17 PM »

Same shot with H-D's LED Headlight. Notice the much wider pattern.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 11:42:02 PM »

Stock light in parking lot:

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 11:42:46 PM »

Same shot with LED headlight:

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 11:47:43 PM »

Front turn signal comparison. The LED array is on the left and the stock bulb is on the right. I also had a slightly brighter bulbs than standard in the front and rear so again the difference from pure stock will be even better. The pics don't show how bright these are. If they are as bright as I think they are I would not want to be the guy behind me at a long light....

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 11:48:51 PM »

Rear light comparison. LED array is on the right.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 11:52:40 PM »

Here's a closer shot of what the LED array looks like. Since the LED's are red I could run with smoked lenses in the back. I'll have to try that and see how it looks. I took off that awful stock reflector HD puts under the license plate but I need to find some other rear reflector to replace it with that is not so fugly. You can catch a ticket for no rear reflectors in NY and I need every penny for my CVO habit....

MikeV

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 12:02:43 AM »

The headlight looks great and the improvement in visibility is pretty significant. Thanks for sharing, I will have do add the headlight upgrade to my list.

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »

any pics with lights on motor & wheels?

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 07:07:44 PM »

isnt  that the same headlamp that  hd makes  retails aprox 400.00 or so ? 
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 07:26:08 PM »

Paconio - I'll try and get those pics up this weekend.

Lever - yep that's the HD headlight

chywy

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 06:39:28 PM »

Good job - waiting for more pics.
Ride Safe,
CHY WY

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »

MikeV, I use the same led's (save your receipt, they usually wont last a year) in my signals and smoked lenses all around. As for the reflector in the rear, I use the small round reflector license plate bolts. The headlight? No light on Earth is worth what they want for that light.

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 06:44:35 PM »

"If" the HD LED headlamp puts out a significantly brighter light. And that light improves your visability at night, why wouldn't it be worth it if it helps to avoid an accident such as hitting a deer? So Mike? I don't trust pics. Is it worth it?
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »

Well I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to get a HID ballast in that small 5 3/4" nacelle on the ConV. I was also concerned about how HID's need a second to come to full brightness especially given there are occasions where a second is all you have to react in a tight squeeze. Then I saw this and it was the perfect solution. This is no LED bulb on a string - once you see the module you will see where your money goes. It is a solid well engineered piece with a big heat sink and multiple polished lenses. Sure the price may come down in time as these become more mainstream but for the added safety and visibility it is money well spent IMHO. Geez, I have spent more on chrome that did nothing to increase the odds I get home in one piece.

MikeV

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 09:49:41 PM »

I agree.  I still have a set of pipes for the heritage that have 1 month of use....price?  $700.  what did they do for the safety of the bike and rider???  Zip!  I thought the light was more like $500+ but if it is $400 and is easily installed and doesn't involve soldering and splicing wiring together and the help of an HD tech...........I'm in.  Pork.  Now, does that light fit inside the stock fairing??????

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 12:11:21 AM »

Pork,

It literally takes 5 minutes to install, no different than changing the headlight bulb. The part # is 73273-11 and it lists for $399.95 (subtract the 20% from one of the on-line discount dealers and it's only $320). The larger 7" version does cost more. As to fitting with the windshield, it fits in the stock headlight housing so no worries there.

One thing I did notice about the light output that I like is not just the quantity but the quality. Anyone who has switched to HID's will know that it's not just more light but where and how it throws it that makes them special. There is a dark twitchy piece of road along one of my favorite local runs that is under construction. It has lanes shifting over and back again and lots of steel grate and cracks that are patched with tar. It used to be hard to distinguish where you needed to be and all those shiny tar patches in the crack repairs made the surface conditions hard to judge (it's right by the ocean and damp more often than not).  So that is the first place I rode after installing the light to see how it did on a tough road. The improvement in visibility was so much better that I never thought about the $$ again.

Look it's not a miracle light just an alternative to HID's for those that want a much brighter, whiter and more focused light that draws less power is really simple to install. There are a few very minor downsides. Besides the cost it's heavy and that weight is all at the front of the headlight. On the ConV the nacelle is soft mounted so when you are at idle that weight hanging out in front shows up as slight jitter at the stoplights but disappears once you are rolling. It's no big deal but worth mentioning. Also, it's not a "traditional" HD look so some may mistake you for a non HD when you are coming at them. If you care about not getting an occasional wave from a fellow rider that will only give the nod to another HD, then stick with a traditional light.
For me I have seen the :sunny: light and there's no going back to the dark side.

MikeV

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 10:43:32 AM »

We don't ride much at night but wifey has gotten complaints from other lady riders  :gossip:  complaining that they can't she her headlight in their mirrors so now I need to fix it :furious:

Next time you're out riding with your buddies, find out how it looks to them if you don't mind tailgunning for a bit.
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 11:49:39 AM »

Gamma,

Honestly I am more worried about the really bright LED's in the turn and brake lights. The headlight has a very specific cutoff and if it is aimed correctly will not bother other riders which has been the case with me so far (I have had it in for a few months now). The bright turn signals however are pointed higher as they are meant to bee seen by other drivers and I think they will be more annoying than the headlight. I'll report back the next time I am out with the boys but given the NY road conditions and more snow on the way this weekend it may be some time before the verdict is in.

MikeV

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 09:01:27 PM »

Mike, just watched that video and the light may not be a miracle but it sure seems amazing.  Even much more than when I switched from the stock bulbe and went to the PIAA 4 bulb.  Like night and day difference.  and though this bulb is many more times the price of the PIAA bulb, it seems it may be worth it.  thanks for the info.   Pork

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 09:51:04 PM »

MikeV,

Thanks for the info and pics. I am thinking hard about the headlight now. What are the parts name and numbers for your front and rear turn signal lights?

I agree with you on spending that much on chrome alone...lol...it is a HD. We have to find something to spend money on! Might as well be safety!

Kisscorky
Live To Win!

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 10:30:54 AM »

MikeV
What are the parts name and numbers for your front and rear turn signal lights?

Etudguy

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 08:19:19 PM »

Sorry for the delay in posting the part numbers guys as it has been another one of those weeks... Here is the link to the page on the Custom Dynamics site with the turn signal kits. When you order call them and make sure you let them know it is for the CVO Convertible as the connectors and the load equalizer are specific to that bike. I waited all summer for them to finish the load equalizer that worked with the alarm system and it works perfectly.

http://www.customdynamics.com/harley_turn_signal_retro.htm

MikeV

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 01:08:16 PM »

MikeV
Thanks for info on the LED front and rear turn signals.  I'll contact Custom Dynamics tomorrow.

I did purchase and installed the HD headlight and it is really amazing. The cost is high but I think it is worth it for the safety factor.  The housing doesn't quite fit the larger headlight so there is almost a quarter inch gap underneath the headlight. I see in your photo the same gap.

Thanks for all of your info that you've posted, it is very helpful.

Etudeguy

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 07:01:56 PM »

Yeah that gap bothered me and I cranked it down as much as I dared and could not get it closed. I plan to trim up a small piece of hard rubber and use it as a grommet to fill the gap.

MikeV

RidgecrestCVO

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 12:56:53 PM »

Well after reading all this I decided this is something I must have, ordered the headlight and turnsignal kit.  :)  Now I wait. :bananarock: Thanks for all the info.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 03:47:47 PM »

Well after reading all this I decided this is something I must have, ordered the headlight and turnsignal kit.  :)  Now I wait. :bananarock: Thanks for all the info.

Well that wait is the easy part compared to the wait to get out and test out the new lights. Waaay too much winter here in Long Island to even think about getting out even for a short blast. Sand, salt and ice against my chrome and nice paint with no hope for a wash until spring? No way Jose!

MikeV

RidgecrestCVO

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 04:52:43 PM »

LED from Custom Dynamics due for delivery today,  :orange: unfortunately I have to work late tonight so I'll see them tomorrow.  :( Haven't heard anything on my headlight yet. :confused5:

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 05:45:36 PM »

Don't you hate it when that happens?  My guess it will be a late night for you... :-)

By the way when you get to the "training" section for the load equalizer you have to blink it back and forth 3 times - don't worry if it does not take after 3 - do it 7-10 times and it will work (it makes more sense when you read the instructions.)

MikeV

Proud50

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 10:39:41 PM »

I visited Patriot Harley on Sat and they told me they couldn't recommend the HD Halogen for my FLSTSE since they installed on a 2011 Softail convertible and the added weight was causing the light to jiggle going down the road.  They told me about a plastic adapter HD made which was supposed to resolve the issue but it did not on the 2011. I wanted to know if you are having issues on your 2010 convertible.

I also wanted to know where you installed your LED contoller box for the orange LED lights you mentioned. 

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 12:05:40 AM »

I visited Patriot Harley on Sat and they told me they couldn't recommend the HD Halogen for my FLSTSE since they installed on a 2011 Softail convertible and the added weight was causing the light to jiggle going down the road.  They told me about a plastic adapter HD made which was supposed to resolve the issue but it did not on the 2011. I wanted to know if you are having issues on your 2010 convertible.

I also wanted to know where you installed your LED contoller box for the orange LED lights you mentioned. 

Proud50,

I assume you mean the HD LED not halogen, correct? If that's the case I did notice the jiggling but only at idle. Once moving the vibrations ease and the light is steady. What plastic part are they referring to?

As far as the controller I wil have to go back and look as it was a while agp. There's not much room under the seat so you have to get creative.

MikeV

Proud50

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 11:14:38 AM »

MikeV
thanks for the post and correction on the HD LED light and not Halogen.   I'm regretting not writing down that plastic adapter the Patriot Harley Service rep told me about for the LED headlight.   I am having trouble finding it now.   It was under $10.

Zackshack

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 09:26:16 PM »

Mike: Looks great to me..can you list the part # again for the LED Headlight?  Thanks, Z

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2011, 06:07:16 PM »

Thought I would re-post this message as I wanted everyone to consider this option for safety.   Since Mike posted the pictures, I can just add my thumbs up to his comments.

I Installed the LED Headlight on my 2010.   I had been holding off/thinking about it as I didn't think it would me worth it,  until I saw another bike with the light on it during a recent poker run.   I could see him in my mirror among the 25 other bikes riding in a pack a 1/4 mile back, mid-day with blazing sunshine.  It was amazing to me how it stuck out.  I checked it out at the next stop, he said he liked it at night as well.   I bought it for the safety aspects, on line for $320.

After I put it on and rode at night,  I as well as a couple of my friends were amazed at how much light it puts out.  The amazing part is that it lights up the ditch on both sides of even a 4 lane and that's on low beam.  Only down side that I have seen is that during tight cornering the beams do not light up the sides of the road as the beams are like a horizontal bar.  Really not a big enough minus to stop my overall satisfaction.  Everyone has commented on how much better they see me than other bikes.   :)

I kept my faring, (with home-made deflectors) and now I am really satisfied with the set up.   Price was worth it.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 08:15:28 PM »

well i bought the led kit from custom Dynamics ,super folks fast shipping
 my Indy as we speak has my bike for installed  and doing other stuff also
looks like a top shelf product .. lifetime warranty on LEDs  5 year on load equalizer
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

ejvette

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2012, 06:11:37 PM »

Sorry for the delay in posting the part numbers guys as it has been another one of those weeks... Here is the link to the page on the Custom Dynamics site with the turn signal kits. When you order call them and make sure you let them know it is for the CVO Convertible as the connectors and the load equalizer are specific to that bike. I waited all summer for them to finish the load equalizer that worked with the alarm system and it works perfectly.

http://www.customdynamics.com/harley_turn_signal_retro.htm

MikeV

I also did the LED's front and back but they told me I didn't need the load equalizer on my model(2012 Convert).  The turn signal indicator flashes rapid but the lights themselves flash normal.  I was told they were working on a fix for this.

I just ordered the headlight from Surdyke.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:28:51 PM by ejvette »

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.(W. Churchill)

12 CVO Convertible Satin Pewter
09 Deluxe Vivid Black-Sold

1998 Corvette 500HP
1970 Chevelle SS454 M22 Rock Crusher

Frank FX

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Prostreet Breakout
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2012, 02:32:17 PM »

Has anyone installed the adapter on a Convertible and does it (1) fit the Convertible and (2) eliminate the vibration?

TIA Frank

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2012, 09:44:52 PM »

hey frank i didn't buy the adaptor my 2010  i was told it wasn't needed ...no vibration to report
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2013, 07:27:55 PM »

I was offered the LED headlight when I bought my 2012 but declined since I had no experience with the factory setup but after riding with the high beams all year and reading thin forum it is on my things to do list.
Thanks to all!!!
john

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2013, 10:16:04 PM »

I was offered the LED headlight when I bought my 2012 but declined since I had no experience with the factory setup but after riding with the high beams all year and reading thin forum it is on my things to do list.
Thanks to all!!!
john
The Daymaker LED headlight was one of my first mods and they are great!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2013, 10:31:04 PM »

Hey Charlie....good looking scooter!  Like the way you've got it set up.. :cherry:..but, how do  you keep all that chrome looking so good with all that sand blowing on it?   :-\spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2013, 01:22:58 AM »

Hey Charlie....good looking scooter!  Like the way you've got it set up.. :cherry:..but, how do you keep all that chrome looking so good with all that sand blowing on it?   :-\spyder
Hi Spydglide,
The sand ain't as bad as you may think! we do get sand storms but when you do you just don't ride!
I'm old fashioned with cleaning! run over it with a low pressure water hose, wipe it off with a damp micro fibre cloth, dry her, then polish her with micro fibre cloths and Lemon Pledge!
The bike is really starting to look like i want it to now!
Just going to order the new air cleaner but am stuck between the PM Clarity and PM Fast air! Most are saying to go with the Clarity but i do love the aggressive look of the Fast Air!
My next big mod will be fitting the new Performance Machine Open Primary (in Chrome Obviously!) thats going to be later in the year as with shipping from the US its working out at around $3000 !
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

0815error

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 "lemon"
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2013, 09:49:13 AM »

Question about "plug `n play" setup of the LED DayBreaker on FLSTSE3.
I ordered the 73273-11A headlamp bulb and after the installation I got an error code in the dashboard.
The red security indicator lights permanently after the engine is runnig.
But the serurity system themselves and the LED works normal.
The errer code in the ECM means "error on low beam module", the HD technician has no idea at the moment ....  :nixweiss:

Has everyone such an error by installation of the LED DayBreaker?

Sorry for my Enlish.
I love lemon bikes, because "sour gets you happy"  (a common German saying)

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »

No error on my 2010.  2 years with no problems.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2013, 11:24:58 AM »

A year past on my 2012 and not a single problem!

0815error

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2013, 12:46:35 PM »

@ ozarke
thanks, I think the ECM and CAN Bus is a little bit different by the keyless models 2+3

@ Charlie
I thought it already .... Could you solve it, and share your solution with me?

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 conv
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2013, 07:57:21 PM »

I put the LED in my 2011 convertible & it does "jiggle" quite a bit, not just at idle.  Has anyone found a solution to this?

SMSgt B

• Full CVO Member
    • FL
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2013, 08:52:45 PM »

I put the LED in my 2011 convertible & it does "jiggle" quite a bit, not just at idle.  Has anyone found a solution to this?

When you installed it, did you notice if you have a headlamp vibration damper installed?  If not, try that and here is a link to the PN:67700059

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/headlamp-vibration-damper

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2013, 04:39:53 AM »

@ ozarke
thanks, I think the ECM and CAN Bus is a little bit different by the keyless models 2+3

@ Charlie
I thought it already .... Could you solve it, and share your solution with me?
I would help if I could! but mine was really a plug and play! never any errors showing and worked with no problems!
The only problem I did have was the exaggerated wobbling in the headlight beam! but! that's another story!!

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2013, 09:48:44 AM »

When you installed it, did you notice if you have a headlamp vibration damper installed?  If not, try that and here is a link to the PN:67700059

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/headlamp-vibration-damper

That was the part I thought I read about. Will give it a try. Thanks.

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »

It solved the problem for me 100%!!
Good luck.. :)

0815error

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 10:24:04 AM »

That was the part I thought I read about. Will give it a try. Thanks.

I had no luck with this additional part to solve the LED vibration.
Mine was stock equiped with one smaller vibration damper and the new one had not fitted.
The "67700059 damper" are to big in combination with the LED headlight.
picture : left stock / right 67700059

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2013, 11:18:23 AM »

Sorry to hear that it did not solve your issue.  Honestly since I did not do it myself (service dept), not 100% sure they used the part to fix it, however my service manager never mislead me before.  After I tested mine I even sent him and the owner a thank you message for fixing my vibration problem 100% after I previously researched the part number on this sight. So I don't know what to say.  Best wishes and good luck.

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2013, 10:41:32 PM »

I ordered the part and am curious where it fits and how it works.  I just plugged the new led bulb in.  There is not much room in the housing but the part does not appear to be very large.

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2014, 07:23:00 AM »

did you have the black background one fitted or is that chrome?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 07:28:54 AM by FADBOY »

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2014, 08:45:55 AM »

So did we ever decide if that headlight damper fixed the vibration?

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2014, 02:34:23 PM »

Yes, it actually totally solved the vibration on mine.  Again, the dealer had no knowledge of it till I supplied the part number.  Then they ordered it, installed it for free and it's perfect!

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2014, 12:24:23 PM »

Hadn't been on this site for a while and saw this post.  I did order the larger damper but it was way too big to fit with the LED bulb.  All I did was flip the smaller damper around and it cured 90% of the wobbling.

Jim Davidson

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2014, 11:16:04 PM »

Did them all, much better.  No wobble of headlight noted.

Ozoneman

• Junior CVO Member
    • IN
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2014, 10:45:12 AM »

MikeV, I use the same led's (save your receipt, they usually wont last a year) in my signals and smoked lenses all around.

Has anyone else had problems with them lasting about a year?
2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra, Stage 2 Tman 555 Torqster cams, Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2014, 10:41:23 AM »

I had all lights changed to LED almost 2 years ago.  They all still work perfectly.  Had it done at
the dealer.

Good luck, Happy Friday!

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2014, 09:23:09 PM »

I had a couple of leds burn out in the front signal ..called custom dynamics (lifetime warranty)
they wanted pics front on with burned out leds showing and back with serial # on back 
next day got an email letting me know the new is shipped out  had new led in 3 days  and they said I didn't need to return the bad one back

2017 Road King M8
stage IV
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 21 queries.