Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: LED's on the ConV - Headlight, Tail & Turn Signal  (Read 23339 times)

Proud50

Re: LED's on the ConV - Headlight, Tail & Turn Signal
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 10:39:41 PM »

I visited Patriot Harley on Sat and they told me they couldn't recommend the HD Halogen for my FLSTSE since they installed on a 2011 Softail convertible and the added weight was causing the light to jiggle going down the road.  They told me about a plastic adapter HD made which was supposed to resolve the issue but it did not on the 2011. I wanted to know if you are having issues on your 2010 convertible.

I also wanted to know where you installed your LED contoller box for the orange LED lights you mentioned. 

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 12:05:40 AM »

I visited Patriot Harley on Sat and they told me they couldn't recommend the HD Halogen for my FLSTSE since they installed on a 2011 Softail convertible and the added weight was causing the light to jiggle going down the road.  They told me about a plastic adapter HD made which was supposed to resolve the issue but it did not on the 2011. I wanted to know if you are having issues on your 2010 convertible.

I also wanted to know where you installed your LED contoller box for the orange LED lights you mentioned. 

Proud50,

I assume you mean the HD LED not halogen, correct? If that's the case I did notice the jiggling but only at idle. Once moving the vibrations ease and the light is steady. What plastic part are they referring to?

As far as the controller I wil have to go back and look as it was a while agp. There's not much room under the seat so you have to get creative.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Proud50

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 11:14:38 AM »

MikeV
thanks for the post and correction on the HD LED light and not Halogen.   I'm regretting not writing down that plastic adapter the Patriot Harley Service rep told me about for the LED headlight.   I am having trouble finding it now.   It was under $10.

Zackshack

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 09:26:16 PM »

Mike: Looks great to me..can you list the part # again for the LED Headlight?  Thanks, Z

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2011, 06:07:16 PM »

Thought I would re-post this message as I wanted everyone to consider this option for safety.   Since Mike posted the pictures, I can just add my thumbs up to his comments.

I Installed the LED Headlight on my 2010.   I had been holding off/thinking about it as I didn't think it would me worth it,  until I saw another bike with the light on it during a recent poker run.   I could see him in my mirror among the 25 other bikes riding in a pack a 1/4 mile back, mid-day with blazing sunshine.  It was amazing to me how it stuck out.  I checked it out at the next stop, he said he liked it at night as well.   I bought it for the safety aspects, on line for $320.

After I put it on and rode at night,  I as well as a couple of my friends were amazed at how much light it puts out.  The amazing part is that it lights up the ditch on both sides of even a 4 lane and that's on low beam.  Only down side that I have seen is that during tight cornering the beams do not light up the sides of the road as the beams are like a horizontal bar.  Really not a big enough minus to stop my overall satisfaction.  Everyone has commented on how much better they see me than other bikes.   :)

I kept my faring, (with home-made deflectors) and now I am really satisfied with the set up.   Price was worth it.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 08:15:28 PM »

well i bought the led kit from custom Dynamics ,super folks fast shipping
 my Indy as we speak has my bike for installed  and doing other stuff also
looks like a top shelf product .. lifetime warranty on LEDs  5 year on load equalizer
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

ejvette

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2012, 06:11:37 PM »

Sorry for the delay in posting the part numbers guys as it has been another one of those weeks... Here is the link to the page on the Custom Dynamics site with the turn signal kits. When you order call them and make sure you let them know it is for the CVO Convertible as the connectors and the load equalizer are specific to that bike. I waited all summer for them to finish the load equalizer that worked with the alarm system and it works perfectly.

http://www.customdynamics.com/harley_turn_signal_retro.htm

MikeV

I also did the LED's front and back but they told me I didn't need the load equalizer on my model(2012 Convert).  The turn signal indicator flashes rapid but the lights themselves flash normal.  I was told they were working on a fix for this.

I just ordered the headlight from Surdyke.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:28:51 PM by ejvette »

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.(W. Churchill)

12 CVO Convertible Satin Pewter
09 Deluxe Vivid Black-Sold

1998 Corvette 500HP
1970 Chevelle SS454 M22 Rock Crusher

Frank FX

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Prostreet Breakout
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2012, 02:32:17 PM »

Has anyone installed the adapter on a Convertible and does it (1) fit the Convertible and (2) eliminate the vibration?

TIA Frank

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2012, 09:44:52 PM »

hey frank i didn't buy the adaptor my 2010  i was told it wasn't needed ...no vibration to report
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2013, 07:27:55 PM »

I was offered the LED headlight when I bought my 2012 but declined since I had no experience with the factory setup but after riding with the high beams all year and reading thin forum it is on my things to do list.
Thanks to all!!!
john

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2013, 10:16:04 PM »

I was offered the LED headlight when I bought my 2012 but declined since I had no experience with the factory setup but after riding with the high beams all year and reading thin forum it is on my things to do list.
Thanks to all!!!
john
The Daymaker LED headlight was one of my first mods and they are great!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2013, 10:31:04 PM »

The Daymaker LED headlight was one of my first mods and they are great!
Hey Charlie....good looking scooter!  Like the way you've got it set up.. :cherry:..but, how do  you keep all that chrome looking so good with all that sand blowing on it?   :-\spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2013, 01:22:58 AM »

Hey Charlie....good looking scooter!  Like the way you've got it set up.. :cherry:..but, how do you keep all that chrome looking so good with all that sand blowing on it?   :-\spyder
Hi Spydglide,
The sand ain't as bad as you may think! we do get sand storms but when you do you just don't ride!
I'm old fashioned with cleaning! run over it with a low pressure water hose, wipe it off with a damp micro fibre cloth, dry her, then polish her with micro fibre cloths and Lemon Pledge!
The bike is really starting to look like i want it to now!
Just going to order the new air cleaner but am stuck between the PM Clarity and PM Fast air! Most are saying to go with the Clarity but i do love the aggressive look of the Fast Air!
My next big mod will be fitting the new Performance Machine Open Primary (in Chrome Obviously!) thats going to be later in the year as with shipping from the US its working out at around $3000 !
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

0815error

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 "lemon"
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2013, 09:49:13 AM »

Question about "plug `n play" setup of the LED DayBreaker on FLSTSE3.
I ordered the 73273-11A headlamp bulb and after the installation I got an error code in the dashboard.
The red security indicator lights permanently after the engine is runnig.
But the serurity system themselves and the LED works normal.
The errer code in the ECM means "error on low beam module", the HD technician has no idea at the moment ....  :nixweiss:

Has everyone such an error by installation of the LED DayBreaker?

Sorry for my Enlish.
I love lemon bikes, because "sour gets you happy"  (a common German saying)

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »

No error on my 2010.  2 years with no problems.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.