Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Headlight adjustment  (Read 5556 times)

Winhawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 Rio Red FLTRUSE (Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 Autumn Haze and Carbon Dust FLTRUSE
Headlight adjustment
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »

This is my first Road Glide so I have never had the dual headlamps before.  I would like to adjust the height of the beams. The manual says to adjust both of the screws to adjust the height. The manual says if you turn the left one it aims left and if you turn the right one it goes right. My question is do they have to be turned simultaneously or can you turn one and then the other?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Headlight adjustment
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 10:14:09 AM »

One at a time is fine. 

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 10:28:36 AM »

There are actually three adjustment screws...two on the bottom and one at the top that can only be adjusted when the fairing is off.  Both the bottom ones will push the light assy left or right by adjusting either.  You can achieve this by screwing it in or out to either push out that side or pull it in.  You can adjust both bottom screws the same amount of turns in...pushing the bottom of the light assy out to gain some distance...but only so far.  You may need to take the fairing off to adjust the top screw in to get the desired distance alignment you want.

These bikes seem to all be adjusted too far down where they are pointing about ten feet in front of the bike so most of us have messed with this.  

One thing is unanimous...the stock bulbs SUCK!  While you have the fairing off for any reason, or if you're brave enough to pry the outer headlight facia off to remove the lights, either buy the improved bulbs, or switch to HID lights...it makes a world of difference!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:48:48 AM by Beemer »

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 12:03:52 PM »

Mine was pointed at the ground about 50ft in front of the bike with the high beam. Take off the fairing, screw the top in to pull the headlight in to the fairing as close as possible, leaving a little room for adjustment, then put the fairing back on and start working the bottom 2 screws in until the light comes down to where you want it. Be sure to be sitting on the bike when you check it, and account for a passenger, you don't want to light up the trees when you're loaded up.
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

Winhawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 Rio Red FLTRUSE (Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 Autumn Haze and Carbon Dust FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 01:03:15 AM »

Thanks for your help guys  :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.