Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: agent orange  (Read 2101 times)

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
Re: agent orange
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 02:49:32 PM »

Chappy,  I hope all is well with you. Thanks for support and advise. I intend to follow it everyway possible. Even the people at the DAV say it can be a long process. I just wish that I had applied for benefits years ago. I guess that you need to start somewhere. God bless you my thoughts and prayers are with you. kb
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:57:28 PM by kb »
kb

Sioux City Bob

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »

In 1968 to 1969 I was in Viet Nam and was exposed to Agent Orange.  The VA used to resist the idea of Agent Orange related claims, but in my experience now ( over the last 3 years) looks for connections and helps you get coverage.  I have diabetes and some other problems that the VA told me is the result of Agent Orange exposure.  The VA has given me a 65% service connected disability rating, not just for Agent Orange exposure but also for some injuries received while on active duty. 

I have seen some pamphlets at the VA regional hospital in Sioux Falls, SD that covers Agent Orange exposure and gives examples of conditions that are presumed to be the result of such exposure.  I am sure that pamphlet is available at any VA regional hospital. 

My experience is that the VA is on our side and will help get care for Agent Orange related conditions.

Bob Harris

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 09:59:53 PM »

Today I received a notice that the VA grants me a 30% Special Monthly Compensation due to possible exposure to Agent Orange. it sure ain't much but it is a start. kb
kb

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSEĀ³
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 12:05:18 AM »

I filed a claim in September for compensation after learning of studies that indicate exposure to agent orange may be a causative factor for developing diabetes mellitus (Type II diabetes) later in life. I provided a total of about 10 pages of documented evidence that I may have been exposed more than once between 1966 and 1968, and I tested positive for diabetes in 1999.  They are still processing my claim.
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 06:20:08 AM »

Today I received a notice that the VA grants me a 30% Special Monthly Compensation due to possible exposure to Agent Orange. it sure ain't much but it is a start. kb

kb
Good to hear your starting to get help. I'm sure it's been a up hill battle for you the last year to get where your at today,but at least you got your feet wet. Keep the faith !! God bless our vets!! :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

kb

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 12:35:18 PM »

I filed a claim in September for compensation after learning of studies that indicate exposure to agent orange may be a causative factor for developing diabetes mellitus (Type II diabetes) later in life. I provided a total of about 10 pages of documented evidence that I may have been exposed more than once between 1966 and 1968, and I tested positive for diabetes in 1999.  They are still processing my claim.
[/quo
 Just don't give up. I think that they just hope you will get fed up and quit. Make it a mission . kb
kb
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.