Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: 11 SERG - Much more wind  (Read 5529 times)

DOOFUS

11 SERG - Much more wind
« on: January 08, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »

Compared to my 04 FLTRI, 08 FLTR and 2010 FLHTK -- I'm getting much more wind on my chest and head -- and so more road noise.  I have ordered a CLEARVIEW that is 2 inches higher.  Shld have that this week.  Anyone else noticing this same??  Thnx in advance, DOOFUS

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: 11 SERG - Much more wind
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 07:03:09 PM »

did you order the 14" or the 15" ?
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

DOOFUS

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 07:55:56 PM »

Im starting with the 14. DOOFUS

did you order the 14" or the 15" ?

LUV2RYD

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 09:02:27 PM »

Compared to my 04 FLTRI, 08 FLTR and 2010 FLHTK -- I'm getting much more wind on my chest and head -- and so more road noise.  I have ordered a CLEARVIEW that is 2 inches higher.  Shld have that this week.  Anyone else noticing this same??  Thnx in advance, DOOFUS
Experienced much more wind and buffeting, wife noticed it even worse.  Put a Kuryakyn shield on and it is much improved.  Will be anxious to hear how your Clearview works out.
'15 CVO Road Glide Ultra Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
'03 Heritage Classic 100th Silver/Blk

DOOFUS

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 09:39:31 PM »

Do tell !  Kury shield??

Experienced much more wind and buffeting, wife noticed it even worse.  Put a Kuryakyn shield on and it is much improved.  Will be anxious to hear how your Clearview works out.

rdawg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red AKA "Red Rider"
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 10:49:31 PM »

Mine is the same, hits me at the chin.  Tested a 12" KW at the local dealer but it was worse.
Just bought a used vstream tall from the roadglide.org forum.  Will have to see how it works when it gets here.....

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 11:10:03 PM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of RG's. Most Road Glide owners have a closet full of windshields and are always looking for that miracle to stop the wind and buffetting. Only one cure for this.........................................it's call a Bat Wing Fairing
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 12:05:07 AM »

Sadly, Bob has been diagnosed with Shark Nosed Fairing Envy.  Did your prior RG's have lowers?  That seems to be a factor.  Clearview makes a quality product.  If you want a quality product that will also look good, check out the Cee Bailey's products.  There are various threads to look at in the SERG board.  Good luck.

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

DOOFUS

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 07:32:34 AM »

U bring up an excellent point. No. My other 2 road glides did not have lowers. Hmmm.  And I have had 3 batwing bikes. None of those were as nice handling or quiet as my glides. But that's just me.

Sadly, Bob has been diagnosed with Shark Nosed Fairing Envy.  Did your prior RG's have lowers?  That seems to be a factor.  Clearview makes a quality product.  If you want a quality product that will also look good, check out the Cee Bailey's products.  There are various threads to look at in the SERG board.  Good luck.

GK

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 09:17:36 AM »

GK

Come on Greg....you're punching below the belt.  I mean who knows, maybe Doofus has just grown an allergic reaction to the goldwing fairing....who knows? :nixweiss:                  ;D ;D ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DOOFUS

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 09:41:53 AM »

NAH !!!  The antibodies were already emboldened thru my 2 previous Road Glides !!!! LOL, DOOFUS

Come on Greg....you're punching below the belt.  I mean who knows, maybe Doofus has just grown an allergic reaction to the goldwing fairing....who knows? :nixweiss:                  ;D ;D ;D

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 09:52:27 AM »

Now Dr. JC, you know I would never hit / post below the belt.  It hurts too much!   :huepfenlol2:   Doofus seems healthy enough.  This is a fun but completely subjective debate.  I have no wind complaints with the SERG and no lowers which are aerodynamic  "bricks in the wind."  While useful, they create their own turbulance. Wonder why HD introduced the wind baffles with the RG Ultra?   :nixweiss:  Doofus, have you been tested??   :oops:  For allergies, that is.   :o

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 12:27:49 PM »

Just funnin with you guys.....

Great come back Doofus! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 12:49:57 PM »

Don't want to pee anyone off, but when I rent bikes I get different models
as often as I can. I find no better handling on a RG except in slow speed
maneuvers. I also found more wind buffing with the RG then the Bat Wing.
The wife also notices the differences too. Oh, I really like the looks of the RG!
The "TAZMUN"

DOOFUS

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 06:28:55 PM »

An addendum:  Went out in these gusts today.  As I was headed south on US15 the gusts from the west were impressive; those real estate flags were straight out.  But as always (for me) that RG fairing just cut right thru those high winds. DOOFUS

walstibsf

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2013 FLSTFB
    • CVO3: 2016 MOTO GUZZI
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 09:22:15 AM »

That has been my experience, too, that when bucking a headwind, the RG fairing will cut through it better that the Bat-wing.

I went with a Cee-Bailey's 14 to start.  Still some buffeting with the 14, so I swapped for the 15".  Perfect.  Quality and fit were excellent.

Now the only buffeting going on is Jimmy Buffetting through the stereo!
W  A  L  S  T  I  B  S  F..................................

what a long strange trip its been..........SO FAR

fast96

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Mako Shark
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 12:50:35 PM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of RG's. Most Road Glide owners have a closet full of windshields and are always looking for that miracle to stop the wind and buffetting. Only one cure for this.........................................it's call a Bat Wing Fairing

I did the opposite I purchased about 6 for my Batwing bikes and fixed it first with an 09SERG and then again with a 11 FLTRUSE, I like a little wind when short trippin but I put on 12 inch Klock for long trips I'm 6'2 and it works perfect! Hmmm
Any day Racin or Ridin is better than workin!

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »

:soapbox:     Well.  That settles that!    Or not.   :huepfenlol2:   :nixweiss:   :huepfenlol2:   :nixweiss:   :huepfenlol2:

Sawyer Brown

walstibsf

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2013 FLSTFB
    • CVO3: 2016 MOTO GUZZI
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 07:44:50 PM »

You know that thing about the lowers off causing more buffeting, I believe it.  Was afraid to post about it(you're just hearing things... :'()  but when they were off while it was still warm out,  sure seemed to do some thing to make the buffeting worse.
W  A  L  S  T  I  B  S  F..................................

what a long strange trip its been..........SO FAR

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 01:14:19 PM »

Got my new bike on 12/28 and only had a chance to ride it 112 miles here in Ohio. Salt and snow everywhere. Two complains with the new bike: 1) Set sucks, it is lower and pushes me towards the front. At 6'3" this sucks and I never had this problem with my 09 and 10 FLHTCUSE. 2) Allot of wind, I ordered the 19" tall windshield. I have a complaint into the Mo-Co on the seat, lets see if they do something.
Andy

DOOFUS

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »

Amen on the seat. I gave up on HD seats long ago.  My HARTCO fits me perfect now. // Former OH boy here -- I feel your pain re the road salt!

Got my new bike on 12/28 and only had a chance to ride it 112 miles here in Ohio. Salt and snow everywhere. Two complains with the new bike: 1) Set sucks, it is lower and pushes me towards the front. At 6'3" this sucks and I never had this problem with my 09 and 10 FLHTCUSE. 2) Allot of wind, I ordered the 19" tall windshield. I have a complaint into the Mo-Co on the seat, lets see if they do something.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.