Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 11 SERG - Much more wind  (Read 5560 times)

walstibsf

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2013 FLSTFB
    • CVO3: 2016 MOTO GUZZI
Re: 11 SERG - Much more wind
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 09:22:15 AM »

That has been my experience, too, that when bucking a headwind, the RG fairing will cut through it better that the Bat-wing.

I went with a Cee-Bailey's 14 to start.  Still some buffeting with the 14, so I swapped for the 15".  Perfect.  Quality and fit were excellent.

Now the only buffeting going on is Jimmy Buffetting through the stereo!
W  A  L  S  T  I  B  S  F..................................

what a long strange trip its been..........SO FAR

fast96

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Mako Shark
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 12:50:35 PM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of RG's. Most Road Glide owners have a closet full of windshields and are always looking for that miracle to stop the wind and buffetting. Only one cure for this.........................................it's call a Bat Wing Fairing

I did the opposite I purchased about 6 for my Batwing bikes and fixed it first with an 09SERG and then again with a 11 FLTRUSE, I like a little wind when short trippin but I put on 12 inch Klock for long trips I'm 6'2 and it works perfect! Hmmm
Any day Racin or Ridin is better than workin!

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »

:soapbox:     Well.  That settles that!    Or not.   :huepfenlol2:   :nixweiss:   :huepfenlol2:   :nixweiss:   :huepfenlol2:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

walstibsf

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2013 FLSTFB
    • CVO3: 2016 MOTO GUZZI
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 07:44:50 PM »

You know that thing about the lowers off causing more buffeting, I believe it.  Was afraid to post about it(you're just hearing things... :'()  but when they were off while it was still warm out,  sure seemed to do some thing to make the buffeting worse.
W  A  L  S  T  I  B  S  F..................................

what a long strange trip its been..........SO FAR

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 01:14:19 PM »

Got my new bike on 12/28 and only had a chance to ride it 112 miles here in Ohio. Salt and snow everywhere. Two complains with the new bike: 1) Set sucks, it is lower and pushes me towards the front. At 6'3" this sucks and I never had this problem with my 09 and 10 FLHTCUSE. 2) Allot of wind, I ordered the 19" tall windshield. I have a complaint into the Mo-Co on the seat, lets see if they do something.
Andy

DOOFUS

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »

Amen on the seat. I gave up on HD seats long ago.  My HARTCO fits me perfect now. // Former OH boy here -- I feel your pain re the road salt!

Got my new bike on 12/28 and only had a chance to ride it 112 miles here in Ohio. Salt and snow everywhere. Two complains with the new bike: 1) Set sucks, it is lower and pushes me towards the front. At 6'3" this sucks and I never had this problem with my 09 and 10 FLHTCUSE. 2) Allot of wind, I ordered the 19" tall windshield. I have a complaint into the Mo-Co on the seat, lets see if they do something.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.