Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anybody got a HILLSIDE leather jacket?  (Read 9230 times)

DOOFUS

Anybody got a HILLSIDE leather jacket?
« on: January 15, 2011, 11:07:22 PM »

www.hillsideusa.com
Looks like some nice gear -- if you have any experience with one please let me know, thnx, DOOFUS

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
Re: Anybody got a HILLSIDE leather jacket?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 04:20:23 PM »

www.foxcreekleather.com
Another place to try. Good quality stuff. Won't be sorry.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

SandS RESTOS

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTDSE2 Cobalt Blue/Starlight Black
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 09:31:46 PM »

I personally will only buy Harley-Davidson leather jackets. I have 6 and counting.  :2vrolijk_21:
Live to Ride, Ride to Live!!

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 10:53:52 PM »

Sure have not, make sure they have a good return policy though. A jacket needs to be spot on to work in my opinion. I rode a First Gear for years but my wife hated it since it still had the accident marker paint on it from when the cop was drawing a line around me when I was laid up on the side of the road. She bought me the HD FXRG mid weight jacket and I freakin love it. I had it for about 5 years when the zipper gave out, took it to San Jose Harley and the sent it back to HD and they decided that they could not fix it so gave me a coupon for a new one for free!! Cost me about 37,000 though, found the SERGU while I was picking up the jacket.

DOOFUS

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 06:27:10 PM »

True - good jackets -- I just try to limit how much free advertising I give them !!!!!

I personally will only buy Harley-Davidson leather jackets. I have 6 and counting.  :2vrolijk_21:

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 07:30:21 PM »

SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 07:32:52 PM »

http://chcustomleathers.com/index-1.htm I have two of these leathers, high quality. They do all the 81's jackets/vests.
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 01:30:18 PM »

From looking at Hillside's website, the appear to be about the same price as HD's and made in USA.  :2vrolijk_21:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 01:38:55 PM »

Fox Creek Leather is made in the USA, and there is nothing better, IMO.  Thick leather, yet buttery soft and supple.  You can always have a patch sewn on the back...

HD leathers are made in Pakistan, or some other such place.  With the exception of the FXRG stuff, it is not worth the money you pay.  The FXRG stuff is pricey though.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SandS RESTOS

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTDSE2 Cobalt Blue/Starlight Black
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 02:07:59 PM »

Fox Creek Leather is made in the USA, and there is nothing better, IMO.  Thick leather, yet buttery soft and supple.  You can always have a patch sewn on the back...

HD leathers are made in Pakistan, or some other such place.  With the exception of the FXRG stuff, it is not worth the money you pay.  The FXRG stuff is pricey though.

Do your leathers have body armor in them? 2 of mine do. The other 4 are Just freakin cool!
Live to Ride, Ride to Live!!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 04:12:02 PM »

Do your leathers have body armor in them? 2 of mine do. The other 4 are Just freakin cool!

No, not my leathers.  For body armor, I prefer the textile mesh jackets, like the three in one type that have mesh, rainsuit, and a light thermal layer...all of the layers are removeable if you want, then you just have the mesh and the armor.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

DOOFUS

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 07:28:25 PM »

Yup. I had 2 jackets made at Vanson.  May get a 3rd.

http://vansonleathers.com/

Straycat62

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 10:45:28 PM »

www.hillsideusa.com
Looks like some nice gear -- if you have any experience with one please let me know, thnx, DOOFUS
I found this thread on a search. Hillside is top notch gear. I was scepticle 2 years ago when I wanted to order a jacket from them. Couldn't find much out there on the company. I was looking at their Horsehide "Tracker" style jacket. I kept hem hawwing and didn't know if I wanted to drop $500 on a jacket over the internet and I wasn't going to fit right. I called a couple times to ask some questions and spoke to the owner "George"? about some custom mods to it. He said it would be no problem and the price reflected minimally. In the end I went for it. For many reasons. Being made in the USA, always wanting a horsehide jacket, and just faith. I'll tell you I have had it 3 seasons now and haven't regretted it for a minute. Their quality is primo. A+++ Great leather, great stitching, heavy duty hardware. This horsehide has taken a minute to break in but it fits like a glove. Oh they size to traditional M/C fit, so it was on the snug side. But after breaking in, fits ME. Might go size up on order because I doubt I could shove 2 pistols in those stout pockets w/o it patterning like a fool.
Sorry if this sounds like an infomercial but I just wanted to say I am very pleased with their products and will be ordering a vest from them next week. They threw in a few goodies with package too like good heavy duty hanger, jacket storage bag, leather scarf and something else.
Only minor complaint is I wish their lining was a little "slicker" but it wears in after time. Feels more like denim than the traditional slick type jacket lining but holds up well.
Pockets are all leather lined with heavy leather including the pistol pockets. They work just fine though I usually carry on body.
All in all , as much advise as an anonymous guy who just registered his profile can give, go for it. Its the nicest jacket I've ever owned out of quite a few cheap and expensive ones. I get compliments on mine all the time.
Hope this helps

Mount'nman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: FXSBSE (2014)
    • Family Web Site
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 11:47:08 PM »

Fox Creek Leather is my choice.. I have several items from them and all top quality and US made.
Bike... and family protected by Ruger

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.