Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: HD Kids Kryptonite Mods... Paint and Powdercoat done!!  (Read 28084 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: HD Kids Kryptonite Mods
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 07:30:05 AM »

Bike looks great.... but please stop teasing us w/those iddy biddy pictures. :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Hey Kid, don't pay any attention to D00d, the pics are great. (if I can see them w/ my ole eyes, they're not to small).  I love the blacked-out pipes.  And you're absolutely correct on getting those after-thought-reflectors off of there as soon as you can!!!  :-[ har.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 08:21:55 AM »

Hey Kid, don't pay any attention to D00d, the pics are great. (if I can see them w/ my ole eyes, they're not to small).  I love the blacked-out pipes.  And you're absolutely correct on getting those after-thought-reflectors off of there as soon as you can!!!  :-[ har.  :drink: spyder
Maybe when I get my bifocals back (like the ones you are using) I'll be able to see them better too. ::) :P :D :glasses: :glasses2: As they are now (just a little bit larger then thumbnail) they are not showing a lot of the detail and especially (IMO) how that paint is going to pop in the sun. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 08:25:34 AM »

Maybe when I get my bifocals back (like the ones you are using) I'll be able to see them better too. ::) :P :D :glasses: :glasses2: As they are now (just a little bit larger then thumbnail) they are not showing a lot of the detail and especially (IMO) how that paint is going to pop in the sun. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Oh yeah.......forgot that you sat on your glasses.  :glasses2: :beadyeyes2: :smartass2: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CJ

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 12:20:50 PM »

Nice Ride  :2vrolijk_21:

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 12:55:01 PM »

That is so awsome of a Scoot.  The FBI is well concealed as its origin and the bike flows so great.  Also great nubers for such light motor mods.           :bananarock: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 RED
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 04:20:44 PM »

DAMIT HDKID, I ordered chrome headers and chrome mufflers, then I saw yours, I HURRIED and called and changed them to black.  Your bike is looking good buddy!!!
2011 CVO FLHXSE2 Kryptonite DYNO 132.97 RWHP and 134.89 RWTQ, Woods CAM TW-9B, ported & polished heads, CFR 4" Black, V&H power duals Black, HPI 58MM Throttle Body, SE Injectors, Painted lids w/speakers, SE tuner

2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R SE Green Blaze Edition

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 05:45:33 PM »

Lookin forward to seeing you two's progress on the mods. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 05:54:48 PM »

HD Kid, thanks for the pictures and comprehensive explanation on the FBI rack/mounting hardware.  Huge improvement over HD's brackets.

Carl

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 02:12:56 AM »

Excellent bike & mods - Thanks so much for sharing.
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 02:31:37 AM »

Mate congratulations  :2vrolijk_21: Looks awesome in Kryptonite   :coolblue:

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 03:26:20 AM »

I concur, great looking bike...dig the mods. I hadn't seen the FBI mounts, but I like the clean look. One question though...Are you saying that anything that requires a four point dock won't work? I guess that jus limits you to no luggage rack as you said...HMMM...I can't think of anything else that would require you to need 4-pts...I might just have to switch out. Thanks

Doc
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Scarlet Red & Charcoal Slate VRSCSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO2: Kryptonite FLHXSE2
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 10:56:01 PM »

Black LED headlight came in and finally got a chance to put it in. I'm very pleased with the outcome. :cool26:

Also put on the fairing air deflectors. Man what a difference 2 small pieces of plastic make!  They may not look the best, but they sure do cut the wind turbulance way down.

Thanks again for all the good feedback!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:06:49 PM by HD Kid »

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 11:05:28 PM »

I concur, great looking bike...dig the mods. I hadn't seen the FBI mounts, but I like the clean look. One question though...Are you saying that anything that requires a four point dock won't work? I guess that jus limits you to no luggage rack as you said...HMMM...I can't think of anything else that would require you to need 4-pts...I might just have to switch out. Thanks

Doc

Hey doc,

Sorry I never replied to ur post, must have missed it. But yeah its completely differentt from HD's setup and any four pt stuff wont work..  The FBI setup has brackets that bolt to ur pass backrest so u can still use it. And u have to get a new quick detach bracket that the TP mounts on. The way I look at it, if im goin to have the TP off im goin to be packin light anyway, so why would I need a luggage rack? But that's just me.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:08:09 PM by HD Kid »

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2011, 12:14:46 AM »

I have looked at the FBI brackets before but never seen them in person. I ,like you, hate how the HD 4 point brackets stick up and are not more hidden. HD could have done better. I was wondering if you think this will be as strong of a set-up as the 4 point hardware. The FBI brackets look like they would be under more stress being forward and the tour pack hanging off the back so far. My only concearn is with a fully loaded TP does it seem to you that the brackets and mounting points are strong enough to carry the load without breaking anything?

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2011, 03:47:13 PM »

I have looked at the FBI brackets before but never seen them in person. I ,like you, hate how the HD 4 point brackets stick up and are not more hidden. HD could have done better. I was wondering if you think this will be as strong of a set-up as the 4 point hardware. The FBI brackets look like they would be under more stress being forward and the tour pack hanging off the back so far. My only concearn is with a fully loaded TP does it seem to you that the brackets and mounting points are strong enough to carry the load without breaking anything?

I thought the same thing when i was thinking about getting it.   I had it loaded pretty good and passenger leaning on it while in FL and it seemed to do just fine. After everything is all mounted up it feels pretty stout.  With that said, if i was going to leave the TP on all or most of the time i would probly go with the HD set up because it does look stouter. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.