Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Schuberth C3 Helmet  (Read 16908 times)

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Re: Schuberth C3 Helmet
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2011, 07:59:12 AM »

It appears the SRC is worth the extra coin, if you are equipped with a Garmin, Cell phone and or a BSR who also has a SRC. The only benefit I see for me would be bluetoothing to the radio / tunes. Next questions I have are can you hear the radio / tunes on the fairing speakers with the helmet on, and if not how does the music sound thru the SRC speakers?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:30:08 PM by Hawg »
Hawg

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »

I wear acoustic earplugs (cuts the dB but still lets me hear) and hear the music ok through the helmet.  You'll find need to adjust volume from song to song, and the volume key on the helmet takes some practice.  You can also adjust music volume through the Road Tech 665. 

With the face shield open, I can hear the fairing speakers although the sound is not great.  I don't have a BSR, but felt the design and helmet integration made it worth it. Music and phone were enough for me.  Intercom and bike to bike are a bonus.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2011, 11:04:43 PM »

I tried the SRC system in my C3 helmet today and I must say I am disappointed in the sound quality. Extremely tinny, needless to say the SRC system is going back.
Hawg

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2011, 11:10:53 PM »

Wait for the next software update, the last one actually degraded the sound quality. I figure there will be another update out soon.

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2011, 01:24:40 AM »

On my SRC the helmet to helmet does sound somewhat tinny, however the sound from the mp3 stereo sounds terrific.  We are really enjoying them!!
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 09:31:20 PM »

You guys that have had your C-3 for some time now, do you still like them?  Would you fork out that kind of money again for one?  Is it really quiet?  Thanks
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 11:15:09 PM »

Hawg, you need to play with speaker placement in the helment. They Velcro in but fore/aft placement relative to the ear affects sound quality a lot. Also, make sure you're using the stereo blutooth channel for music.

Indenial, I've only had the helmet a couple of months. I liked it out of the gate and like it even more now. Had some hot spots at top of tHe head that I've worked through. There's posts on this problem for some users on the advrider.com forum.  It is quiet, but I still find need to wear earplugs (I run a D&D 2:1 pipe) more out of precaution to protect my aging ears than necessity. . Not sure "really quiet".

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• Random photos
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2011, 12:00:03 AM »

Thought I had replied. I have about around 5000 miles in mine and still love it, same story with the hot spots. Longest riding day of 1066 or so miles and still feel it was worth it.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 07:29:57 AM »

I tried playing around with the positioning of the speakers and it didn't make any difference. I upgraded the software no difference, tried plugging in directly instead of going thru the bluetooth still the same poor sound quality IMO. I was expecting the sound to be close to Bose quality maybe my expectations are too high  :nixweiss: Anyway,I will only be using my C3 on long trips and in bad weather, therefore it's not that important to me to have the SRC. I do agree the helmet is a quality product. I have noticed my pipes sound much louder probably due to the helmet blocking out most of the wind noise.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:19:47 AM by Hawg »
Hawg

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• Random photos
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 10:05:38 AM »

Less wind noise?

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2011, 09:55:09 PM »

Due to all the great posts, I went out and bought a C-3 today. Rode the 100 miles home with it. Have to say it is really quiet. Been wearing a HJC Symax and really liked it too. The size XL was spot on with no pressure spots. Still playing with the chin pieces trying to determine if the small  solid one is needed to help with the noise reduction.  Like the one snap latch instead of the D-rings.  Couldn't get it to fog up either and I could with the HJC on the way up to the dealer.  Ventilation is better than I'm used to, but I could still use more. The visor is easy to operate with one hand gloved too.  Sunshield is great. Still amazed at how quiet it is. So far, well worth the big bucks.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

fly

• AB

• CVO1: VRSCSE2 Scarlet Red Pearl
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 07:40:28 PM »

Resurrecting and old topic as I am considering a C3.  For those of you using the C3, especially FLHXSE owners, is the helmet more resistant to wind buffeting than others?

Alesius

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 05:29:52 PM »

I was shopping for a new helmet for my wife today. Looked at the new Nolan and the Shuberth C3. We took a (15min) test ride with both helmets. C3 was a clear winner for her:
+ it's more quiet, especially at higher speeds
+ softer, more comfortable cushion inside
+ better wind protection around the neck
- biggest downside: price is higher (but we didn't look at the price when shopping for a helmet)

We rode home from the dealer (about 2 hours on the bike), and she thinks it's the best helmet she ever had so far. I have a C3 since it came out, and very happy with it as well.
Having said that: all heads are different, and you have to find out yourself which helmet fits best for you. I don't think there is a "one brand fits all".

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2012, 09:28:20 AM »

I have always used a 1/2 helmet, I could not get use to the full face so I sold my C3.
Its a nice helmet just not for me.
Hawg
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.