Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Biker/rider friendly stops.  (Read 40780 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Biker/rider friendly stops.
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2008, 10:06:38 PM »

tommy not easily within the current software but anyone whp would like to maintain one can do it on maps.google.com
Yea, probably just best to do a Google search on the name if your going to be in the area. Also for general info on most larger cities, use Citysearch, I travel a lot and use this all the time for restaurants and bars.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2008, 04:33:45 AM »

I am on the way to Key West as I type...Looks like a stop!

Thanks

Hey Jock. The proper name is the Carribean Club. Don't miss it along with Alabama Jacks. THE MUFFMAN

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2008, 06:14:22 AM »

Wah Bah Steel Horse Ranch
2361 Russelville Rd
Bowling Green Ky.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2008, 06:00:16 PM »

From the IMS website: http://www.motorcycleshows.com/motorcycleshows/Biker-Hangouts-and-Restaurants/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/455210

What better combination than bikers and their hangouts? The destination of the ride is almost as important as the ride itself. The shows make a great destination ride (weather permitting). In those climates where the bikes are tucked away for the winter months, start at your favorite hangout and use four wheels to come to the show. Either way — on two wheels or four wheels — you'll have a great time.

The International Motorcycle Shows would like to recognize those hangouts that have partnered with us this season in spreading the word about the shows. If you don't see your favorite hangout listed below, please contact us at (800) 854-3112 or kwhittington@advanstar.com

The Rock Store, Cornell, CA

The Billet Bar, Scottsdale, AZ

Alice's Restaurant, Woodside, CA

Apehangers Bar and Grill, Bel Alton, MD

The Vortex Bar and Grill, Atlanta, GA

Budzzz Saloon, Joliet, IL

The Garden's Inn Bed & Breakfast, Bedford, IN

The Tiki Bar & Grill, Minneola, FL

Copperhead Lodge, Blairsville, GA

The Hawk's Nest, New York, NY

Cook's Corner, Trabuco Canyon, CA

Strokers Ice House, Dallas, TX

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2008, 09:01:32 PM »

Hey Jock. The proper name is the Carribean Club. Don't miss it along with Alabama Jacks. THE MUFFMAN

Leaving Florida City, take a left on Card Sound Rd. This an alternate route to US1 and that where you'll find Alabama Jacks...always some bikes there...and great seafood, with on the water open air dining..Enjoy :orange:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

Plasmaman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • Metal Art at The Wells Company
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2008, 09:27:23 PM »

Rider's Rest in Eureka Springs, Arkansas is for bikes only, clean, friendly, inexpensive, and central to some of the most twisy, turny, "in the moment" riding you can find. Beautiful country!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2008, 10:46:02 PM »

Rider's Rest in Eureka Springs, Arkansas is for bikes only, clean, friendly, inexpensive, and central to some of the most twisy, turny, "in the moment" riding you can find. Beautiful country!

Well I hope you and Abby are coming back there next Spring for the 10 Year CVO FXR Anniversary GTG!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 yellow
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2008, 10:34:23 AM »

Hoist!  Am all over that! Please post date and other information so I/we can make plans. You will have to be tolerant of Plasmaman's non-fxr (serg)!  Would really like to meet you guys, and we really loved the riding in the Eureka Springs area.   

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2008, 10:39:05 AM »

Hoist!  Am all over that! Please post date and other information so I/we can make plans. You will have to be tolerant of Plasmaman's non-fxr (serg)!  Would really like to meet you guys, and we really loved the riding in the Eureka Springs area.   

We're discussing it right now here: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=28893.msg473954#msg473954

But it's getting close to a date/location now. Prolly 5/8-5/11 in Eureka Springs, AR. Not carved in stone yet, but that seems to be good with others so far. Once we firm it up, all the details will come out too!!! Looking forward to meeting you and PM there!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2008, 11:31:10 AM »

Apehangers Bar and Grill, Bel Alton, MD

Saw this place on the way to Williamsburg back in Sept...should have stopped but it was on the other side of the divided hwy and too lazy to turn around!
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2008, 09:54:30 PM »

We're discussing it right now here: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=28893.msg473954#msg473954

But it's getting close to a date/location now. Prolly 5/8-5/11 in Eureka Springs, AR.
Hoist! 8)

April, especially EARLY April will still be pretty chilly there????

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2008, 10:34:33 PM »

April, especially EARLY April will still be pretty chilly there????

HeHe!!! Good thing we're talking May then! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2008, 07:03:33 AM »

Saw this place on the way to Williamsburg back in Sept...should have stopped but it was on the other side of the divided hwy and too lazy to turn around!

Bill it is a GREAT DIVE!!!!! I have stopped there on my way back across "THE BRIDGE" a few times. The only problem is about 2.5 hrs from home.

While I am at it

In Maryland

Lou and Joes in Mt Airy Maryland
The Pit Stop in Frederick Maryland
The Dog Patch in Hagerstown Maryland
Mels Airport Inn in Frederick Maryland
Captain Benders in Sharpsburg Maryland

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2008, 08:46:39 PM »

HeHe!!! Good thing we're talking May then! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Well, duhhhh.  Senility strikes again. I have no other excuse.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2008, 07:03:09 PM »

Hey moderators!  Would it be possible to set up a map (like the member map) with all these "biker friendly" stops added to it?  Would really be helpful when planning a trip!
 :nixweiss:

Got a little bored and I decided to give the map request a try...if site members continue to post to this thread or there is a interest I will attempt to keep up with the map.

Here is the link to the information posted here so far...

Click HERE
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 23 queries.