Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Heavy breather AC rain sock, anyone actually use it?.  (Read 19014 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Re: Heavy breather AC rain sock, anyone actually use it?.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 12:48:41 AM »

Thanks for all your input... I keep mine in the saddlebag all the time in case.. this is just the real first instance of "in case"...

It never rained hard.. but it was constant.. now if I can shake this damn cold I'd be OK...

Nothing worse than sneezing inside of a full face helmet.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

ALRG8TOR

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE granite denim & electric blue fade
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 08:06:25 AM »

Thanks for all your input... I keep mine in the saddlebag all the time in case.. this is just the real first instance of "in case"...

It never rained hard.. but it was constant.. now if I can shake this damn cold I'd be OK...

Nothing worse than sneezing inside of a full face helmet.

Can't say that I've had the sneeze experience but a very large bee inside a full face helmet almost caused me some damage.

Reminds me of a joke: what's that last thing that goes through a bee's mind when he hits your windshield/visor? ...........His a$$.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »

Never even thought of the rain sock until reading this thread. I have the SE Ventilator on three bikes and I do carry the rain sock for each but never once used them. I've road in many downpours and even have washed the bikes and road minutes after drying. Not once have I had an issue running the bike..... Now that this issues is edged in my brain, I'll probably become anal and start using the rain sock at every drop of H20

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 11:23:46 AM »

I leave mine on all the time with the SE logo rolled to the inside. I like the black look over the filter.
But only after I dynoed it on and off back to back to three times be sure I wasn't losing anything! Lol..
Made zero difference. I would have lost that bet.

Steve George
Fullsac Performance.
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 11:31:35 AM »

I leave mine on all the time with the SE logo rolled to the inside. I like the black look over the filter.
But only after I dynoed it on and off back to back to three times be sure I wasn't losing anything! Lol..

Steve George
Fullsac Performance.
When I got my tune, I was told the Rain Cover didn't cause a loss, so I figured why not?  Saved the filter from all sorts of crud, little stones, holes, etc.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 04:11:54 PM »

Can't say that I've had the sneeze experience but a very large bee inside a full face helmet almost caused me some damage.

Reminds me of a joke: what's that last thing that goes through a bee's mind when he hits your windshield/visor? ...........His a$$.

I got 2 in one evening... one on each side.... I pulled to the side of the road slowly (in front of 2 LEOs), shut off, slowly unstrapped the helmet, pullet the chinstraps apart and slid the helmet off my head.. fast...

the 2 LEOs looked and me and asked if I ran through the bees too!

I had a full face.. they didnt... whoops.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 04:15:40 PM »

Steve George
Fullsac Performance.

Good to know... had I ordered a black HB I would probably leave it on all the time. For some reason I ordered chrome.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.