Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: "Y" Wiring harness for rear lamps...  (Read 8360 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
"Y" Wiring harness for rear lamps...
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:08:59 AM »

I have tried to find the "Y" Wiring harness for my FLHXSE2. I want to install some lights on the detachable TP so I am needing the Y harness. The local dealer can't help me.

Thanks for your help.

Jorge

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: "Y" Wiring harness for rear lamps...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 11:02:59 AM »

I have tried to find the "Y" Wiring harness for my FLHXSE2. I want to install some lights on the detachable TP so I am needing the Y harness. The local dealer can't help me.

Thanks for your help.

Jorge

Jorge my friend I have not seen this particular harness adapter for sale from Harley.  Worst case scenario is making one yourself.  All the connectors and pins are available.  Add a crimping tool and a few minutes of your time and any adapter you ever need is within reach.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 11:51:48 AM »

Jorge my friend I have not seen this particular harness adapter for sale from Harley.  Worst case scenario is making one yourself.  All the connectors and pins are available.  Add a crimping tool and a few minutes of your time and any adapter you ever need is within reach.

Thanks mi amigo Don.....I have been having problem getting the connector online. Would you know any place online where I can get it? His is the"the wondering path doing"?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 01:08:16 PM »

Thanks mi amigo Don.....I have been having problem getting the connector online. Would you know any place online where I can get it? His is the"the wondering path doing"?

I've not seen that particular adapter Jorge.  Does Harley produce it and, if so, have you got a part number?  If not it'll be a make-your-own thing.  Not a big deal.  Just a bit more hassle.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 01:55:42 PM »

"Switched Circuit Adapter Harness" P/N 70264-94A perhaps ?

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 02:51:19 PM »

"Switched Circuit Adapter Harness" P/N 70264-94A perhaps ?

B B

Don't think so Brian.  That's the Y adapter for the accessory plug.  Jorge is wanting to T off back at the tour pak itself. At least I think that's where he's after.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 04:17:32 PM »

Don't think so Brian.  That's the Y adapter for the accessory plug.  Jorge is wanting to T off back at the tour pak itself. At least I think that's where he's after.

yes. I will use a dettachable TP but I want to put some light in the rear for braking purposes so I would need that "Y" adapter to have it dettachable......

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 04:18:34 PM »

I've not seen that particular adapter Jorge.  Does Harley produce it and, if so, have you got a part number?  If not it'll be a make-your-own thing.  Not a big deal.  Just a bit more hassle.

I will take a picture and have posted here. You have a lot of more experience and hopefully you can find out what is the type of connector............Thanks mi amigo

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 04:39:22 PM »

Then maybe the "electrical accessory adapter "  P/N 70270-04 ?

B B

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 05:47:19 PM »

I think that is correct... I bought one havent yet installed it.. its the Y accessory adapter but I was told you can use it by splitting the taillight connector, and that will keep the TP spoiler light off with the bike in accessory.

Let me check when I get home.. If I can find the invoice that will help.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

jcd520

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 06:43:32 PM »

Thanks for your help.

Jorge
Look on page 413 of the accessories catalogue. The picture is labled "G". I put one on my 2011 flhxse2 and actually have the tour pak lid spoiler lights hooked to them . the other side of the Y runs my saddlebag lid spoilers. Works perfectly . Part # 70264-94A----------The single end plugs in right under the seat and the other two are for whatever you want such as I did on mine. Good Luck , hope this is what you are looking for.

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 08:36:23 PM »

Are you referring to the Y-harness HD includes in the Air Wing luggage rack LED?  Here are the installation instructions, but HD says it's not available for separate sale and doesn't provide a p/n, at least in these instructions:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J04669.pdf

I'm 95% sure I saw a p/n for this harness, but can't recall how I came across it.

In any case, I have one that a tech at my local dealership gave me and it worked perfectly for wiring the Ultra run/brake lights with the tour pak spoiler LED (after I changed the connector).

You're welcome to it since I have since installed the HD tour pak run/brake/turn signal conversion kit which uses the rear lighting harness and associated connectors/harness, and the spoiler LED is simply wired to the tour pak harness.

Send me a pm with your mailing address and I'll send it to you.

Carl

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 08:41:19 PM »

You can make your own using these part nos.:

Pigtail to plug into the TP harness to create two connections:
1. 73103-96BK (used to plug into the bike's TP harness. The wire terminals are 73190-96; three required, but they're cheap so buy a couple extra in case you screw-up the crimp--return the unused ones if you like).

2. 73153-96BK (used to create two connectors for TP and SG LED, so buy two. The wire terminals are 73191-96; you'll need six (three in each connector).

Carl

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 08:47:15 PM »

Carl, great information as always.  Jorge, what lights are you adding?  Let's see a current pic of that gorgeous bike!  Hope you are doing well mi Amigo!

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 11:25:02 PM »

I bought a Y adapter that had 2 of the 3 connectors needed, cut of the 3rd incorrect one & added the correct one.  If you have a good parts guy he can give you the correct connector & the pins. 
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.