Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: "Y" Wiring harness for rear lamps...  (Read 8350 times)

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: "Y" Wiring harness for rear lamps...
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 03:08:41 PM »

jcd520, your use of the HD accessory harness makes a lot of sense since the connectors with the tour pak and saddlebag spoiler LED's use the same connectors that mate with the harness you purchased.

Thanks for confirming that the SESG2 has the tour pak harness.

Carl

jcd520

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 03:26:57 PM »

jcd520, your use of the HD accessory harness makes a lot of sense since the connectors with the tour pak and saddlebag spoiler LED's use the same connectors that mate with the harness you purchased.

Thanks for confirming that the SESG2 has the tour pak harness.

Carl
You are most welcome. That is exactly why I used it instead of the existing tour pak connector. The Y harness is simply plug and play and much easier to get to when you want to remove the detachable tour pak and run naked.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 07:55:11 AM »

Jorge, all of HD's fairing model bikes since at least '97 or so come with a "tour pak harness" as part of the main wiring harness, and it is typically coiled up and stored under the left side cover except on Ultras because it is used for the OEM tour pak lighting, and non-CVO Street Glides because it is used for the rear fender fascia tri-bar LED.  I haven't checked for that tour pak harness on the SESG2, but if it's there, it will be an easy way to wire the tour pak lights.

If you don't find the info you want for the Y-harness, it's very easy to use the tour pak harness, and fabbing you own mating connector using the part nos. referenced in my earlier post, specifically: 73103-96BK (used to plug into the bike's TP harness. The wire terminals are 73190-96; three required.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Thanks mi amigo Carl for your help. I will check as soon as I get back since I am in Panama at this moment. Again, thanks buddy.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 07:57:00 AM »

Jorge, all of HD's fairing model bikes since at least '97 or so come with a "tour pak harness" as part of the main wiring harness, and it is typically coiled up and stored under the left side cover except on Ultras because it is used for the OEM tour pak lighting, and non-CVO Street Glides because it is used for the rear fender fascia tri-bar LED.  I haven't checked for that tour pak harness on the SESG2, but if it's there, it will be an easy way to wire the tour pak lights.

If you don't find the info you want for the Y-harness, it's very easy to use the tour pak harness, and fabbing you own mating connector using the part nos. referenced in my earlier post, specifically: 73103-96BK (used to plug into the bike's TP harness. The wire terminals are 73190-96; three required.

Carl

That harness is there as I have an sesg2 and saw it , I just decided to use the Y harness that I gave the part # for in my above response because it seemed much easier to hook up all my lid spoilers to it. But , yes the tour pak harness is there on the 2011 FLHXSE's.

Thanks mi amigo. Anyway I will order the part that you suggested so I will have two :huepfenjump3:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »

Jorge, all of HD's fairing model bikes since at least '97 or so come with a "tour pak harness" as part of the main wiring harness, and it is typically coiled up and stored under the left side cover except on Ultras because it is used for the OEM tour pak lighting, and non-CVO Street Glides because it is used for the rear fender fascia tri-bar LED.  I haven't checked for that tour pak harness on the SESG2, but if it's there, it will be an easy way to wire the tour pak lights.

Carl

I found it mi amigo Carl....Thanks so much...I love this site!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.