Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: How many running Full Face helmets....???  (Read 38610 times)

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
Re: How many running Full Face helmets....???
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2011, 10:20:05 AM »

Just rode 958 miles in 18 hours from Sturgis to my house and wore a Full face the whole way just for comfort.  I did have a half helmet with but on the interstate at high speed it is simply more comfortable to wear the full IMHOP.

UltraV

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2011, 07:31:25 PM »

I switched to the Nolan N103 modular in June just before our trip to Yellowstone.  Hot, cold, rain, and it was great.  Comfortable, although the flip down sunglass thingy is so so.  I don't feel claustrophobic in it and prefer it now. Wish the wife would wear one but she feels claustrophobic in it.  However, she hears me much better through the sound system now that I have the FF helmet and cross wind is much less noticable for me than for her. 
A bad day on the bike is better than a good day on the golf course!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2011, 10:55:13 AM »

I switched to the Nolan N103 modular in June just before our trip to Yellowstone.  Hot, cold, rain, and it was great.  Comfortable, although the flip down sunglass thingy is so so.  I don't feel claustrophobic in it and prefer it now. Wish the wife would wear one but she feels claustrophobic in it.  However, she hears me much better through the sound system now that I have the FF helmet and cross wind is much less noticable for me than for her. 

You might get your wife to take a look at the Shark Evoline 2 ST helmet.  It's sort of the best of both worlds in that it can be worn as a FF and a 3/4.  It might help her get over the claustrophobic feeling gradually.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2011, 11:27:05 AM »

You might get your wife to take a look at the Shark Evoline 2 ST helmet.  It's sort of the best of both worlds in that it can be worn as a FF and a 3/4.  It might help her get over the claustrophobic feeling gradually.

The Nolan N-43 Trilogy is the same way.  Wear it with the chin bar as a full face and without the chin bar for a 3/4.  It's also lighter than the N-103 that I wear.  She wears the N-43 just because it's lighter.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2011, 05:37:29 PM »

I had to laugh---on the way home from Sturgis a guy on a road king passed me without a helmet and his cheeks and neck were flappin' like crazy. Had to hurt! Needless to say--he was over 50!
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2011, 05:41:15 PM »

I had to laugh---on the way home from Sturgis a guy on a road king passed me without a helmet and his cheeks and neck were flappin' like crazy. Had to hurt! Needless to say--he was over 50!

I used to laugh at that kind of thing also...........now my karma's biting me in the butt. :nervous:

What you'll realize any time now.....is that the real youngsters (in their teens or twentys) are laughing at you for the same thing right now.  :o
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:42:50 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2011, 06:02:54 PM »

Dang.......how fast you reckon he was running to get that kinda action?  :nixweiss: har.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 - Big Bertha
    • CVO2: Non CVO - Softail Deluxe (wife's) lady lou
    • CVO3: Non CVO - Triumph T160 Trident/Ducati 900ss (I hope)
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2011, 03:13:26 PM »

I have the top of the line SHOEI full face, hate it because it is Japanese and looks a bit big, BUT WHAT A SAFE HELMET...

Leaning on 60 now, 40 years with Harley.  I would like a BELL because it is American, but not available here.  In accidents, something like 35% got major jaw/facial damage without a full face.   Leaning on 60, I am partial to keeping my lower jaw, plus the full face is good in the stinging rain and bugs time... I ride with sunnies and the face sheild cocked up full, only to pull it down in the rain or at night with no sunnies...

I like the Nolans, but again no lower face and jaw protection...

Just curious, how many ride with the full face helmet these days????  Maybe I am just getting old...  ???

I use either a Nolan N43 Air or a Schuberth J1, both are a bit like open face helmets but with some chin protection - used to wear Shoei's but they just don't have the all round vision that these helmets have.

Jon

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »

I've been riding with a full face helmet since I was a kid and was on the back of my Dad's Kawasaki Concourse.  It's something I'm so used to, it feels odd to ride without one...they are just so much quieter than going without.  I bought mine when I worked at the H-D dealer here in town; it's a Bell helmet and I'm pretty sure the shell is made from Carbon Fiber/Kevlar mix and the inside is blue Coolmax Fabric.  After I sold my Honda, stopped working at the Harley shop, it pretty much went unused for years.  Now that I get to reap the benefits of my dad owning an FXR4, it's been worn frequently.  I still love it, although the next time I'll either get another Bell or a Shoei like my pops. 

My dad also bought some body armour from a company called high velocity that he lets me wear.  Super comfortable, cool, and fits underneath a t-shirt, bowling shirt, and most jackets.  It makes you feel like you could down a bike going 65 and walk away from the crash.  Another potential benefit: you'd never feel a body shot from a fist fight.  It could bring your trashtalking game at a bar to a whole 'nother level...ha ha!    ;D   Check them out here -       http://www.highvelocitygear.com/JuggernautBodyArmor.html

Joelgonia

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRISE4
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2011, 06:31:42 PM »

ATGATT -- All The Gear All The Time  including Shoei full face helmet -- 17 years, still livin' the dream
2010 CVO Blk Ultra -- Krull the Warrior King

Living large - Flying low - Riding high

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2011, 08:26:36 PM »

The Nolan N-43 Trilogy is the same way.  Wear it with the chin bar as a full face and without the chin bar for a 3/4.  It's also lighter than the N-103 that I wear.  She wears the N-43 just because it's lighter.

They are not the same, go take a look.  With the Nolan you need to decide first how you want the helmet and remove or install pieces as needed... With the shark just flip all the way back and you are done, nothing to assemble or disassemble every time you want to switch from one setup to the next.

I have been looking at the three, Nolan N-43, the 103, and the Shark Evoline 2ST... I have seen and tried the two Nolan at The Helmet Shop but have not been able to see a Shark Evo to test...

Currently using a Shoei Multitec Helmet - Modular - Flip-up that still has a year or two left in it (change helmets every 5 years).  But starting to look for my next one...
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

05SEEGer2

• Full CVO Member
  • US Army (Ret) 1984-2005

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl/Stingray Silver
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2011, 10:45:55 PM »

I have the Hybrid Half helm and the full face modular. I enjoy them both. I hated the halfshell, but I removed the bird beak visor, now I like it, lol.

My modular has a retractable sun shield, very cool.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:50:16 PM by 05SEEGer2 »
Yes, it has a Hemi in it.

Proud Member of the Colorado Patriot Guard.

cvoleo

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2011, 08:27:34 AM »

Dropped two bikes. Landed face down both times. Had a full face on both time and walked away without a scratch. I always wear a full face when traveling but not on short runs.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2011, 08:39:51 AM »

Just put on a Shoei RF1100...Fits nice, vent things work good and I can see good but the shield squeaks and I thing the buffeting is greater than no lid at all...Maybe because to fit my giant, allbeit slightly deformed mellon, it takes a pickle bucket sized helmet. 

Tryin to keep riding.   :-\

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2011, 08:52:49 AM »

Shark Evoline 2 ST no longer has a dealer network in the USA... :-\

Nolan 103 giving way to the new N104 come January...  I think I can wait...
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 22 queries.