Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: XM Subscription  (Read 6482 times)

Jerry/MD

Re: XM Subscription
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 10:25:02 AM »

I've had a Sirius subscription on my 2007 F150 since I bought it. I got hooked by a 6 month free subscription from Ford. When I purchased my '09 SEUC last year I activated the XM service and I too found out they would not recognized my other subscription. So, I paid full price for the bike. Yep...shame on me.

I found the XM reception on the bike to be spotty and drop-outs galore... especially on those wooded routes we motorcyclists love to take. So...I have dropped both Sirius and XM. It makes ZERO sense that once these services merged they had no ability to combine subscriptions. Now I listen to the ton of mp3's I have stored on my Zumo 660. No reception problems there.......

rdrunner

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »

Just activated the XM  on my 11 RGCVO and have found the reception very spotty as well.  Never had any problem with Sirius in my cars but this is really aggravating.  Could the placement or the hookup of the antenna in the fairing have anything to do with it or does the XM service just suck! I have already called XM a couple of times for a refresh but doesnt seem to improve the signal.  This isnt happening just  in remote areas but everywhere.

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »

I moved the antenna outside the faring and it made a big differace  , 08SEUC
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »

I've had a Sirius subscription on my 2007 F150 since I bought it. I got hooked by a 6 month free subscription from Ford. When I purchased my '09 SEUC last year I activated the XM service and I too found out they would not recognized my other subscription. So, I paid full price for the bike. Yep...shame on me.

I found the XM reception on the bike to be spotty and drop-outs galore... especially on those wooded routes we motorcyclists love to take. So...I have dropped both Sirius and XM. It makes ZERO sense that once these services merged they had no ability to combine subscriptions. Now I listen to the ton of mp3's I have stored on my Zumo 660. No reception problems there.......

Amen brother! Will not keep mine once the free trial expires. Not worth it on the bike IMO, especially with the Ipod.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 09:16:18 PM »

Amen brother! Will not keep mine once the free trial expires. Not worth it on the bike IMO, especially with the Ipod.

I use my XM all the time.  Had it on the 07 and will keep it on the '11.  I use the iPod, but not as much as XM. 
:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 03:04:20 PM »

I use my XM all the time.  Had it on the 07 and will keep it on the '11.  I use the iPod, but not as much as XM. 
:devil:

I would use mine if it wasn't for the weak signal quality (ie. placement of the antennae) and I don't want to relocate it.

ultrafan

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 07:55:34 PM »

they don't advertise but you can get a life time sub.for $500.00 with up to 3 radio changes

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »

If you buy the windshiled bags you can hide the antenna in between them so it is kind of out of sight...just a thought....

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 09:08:03 AM »

they don't advertise but you can get a life time sub.for $500.00 with up to 3 radio changes

When did they change the rule to 3 radio changes?? Back in 2006-2008, I had a lifetime subscription (dealer purchase) in my wifes 2006 Maxima. When we sold it, they wouldn't let us transfer the lifetime subscription to her new car and nor would they let us transfer subscription to the new car owner. They said subscription was to the original owner and the original car only. At that time they didn't offer lifetime subscriptions to the portable units, have they changed this rule too?   :nixweiss:

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 08:39:16 PM »

Kiwihog mentioned a three month trial period (free), I had three month free on my previous CVOs, didn't find any XM trial offer codes with my 11 SERGU, am I missing anything?
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

141_starlifter

• Tour Pac?

• CVO1: 2001 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Blue
    • CVO2: 2009 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Silver
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 06:49:36 AM »

I have XM on the bike but I find myself using the Sirius app on my iPhone. Better reception and better interface and it only cost$2.00 month as an Internet add on account. I also listen to Pandora and a local station on the Internet. I may cancel XM this year.

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »

why is the reception so spotty bad and in a car it is good on a car the antenna is covered with plastic or fiberglass not much different than a fairing

rdrunner

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 06:38:15 PM »

Called MoCO today and spoke to customer service/touring dept.  Said they acknowlege that there is a problem with XM reception (probably due to the antenna location under the fairing) but would not consider it a warranty issue.  They went on to say that several dealers have changed the location of the antenna for their customers but the mothership wont cover it.....MoCo sure knows how to win friends and influence customers, especially when you put out big bucks for their top of the line RGCVO!!! Dont offer XM and have a customer go through the time and money to subscribe when you know the reception is going to be lousy because you cant put the antenna in the right place. Just my .02

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 06:42:52 PM »

...like Lambs to the slaughter........  :drink:

Jerry/MD

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 12:31:14 PM »

why is the reception so spotty bad and in a car it is good on a car the antenna is covered with plastic or fiberglass not much different than a fairing

The height and location of the antenna on a car is much better for signal reception. Most times, it is on the roof.

Locating low, and inside the fairing on a motorcycle wasn't a good choice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.