Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Olympia Airglide 3 Jacket  (Read 1202 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Olympia Airglide 3 Jacket
« on: March 25, 2011, 01:29:36 PM »

After being disappointed with the HD offerings for a 3 in 1 mesh type jacket, I ordered on of these:  http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/olympia-airglide-3-jacket?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=Jacket&utm_keyword=olympia-airglide-3-jacket

My BSR (Judi) and I had found one of these in a woman's size at a local BMW/Ducati dealer that was changing locations/ownership, and she got a real bargain on it.  I ordered mine from the site above in the Black/Pewter color, and am very impressed with the jacket.  What makes this jacket a little different is that is has three seperate layers, any one of which can be worn seperately, or any two zipped together and worn seperately.  The inner layer is an insulated (primaloft) layer that would likely keep you warm down to temps in the 40's.  The second layer is the waterproof rain jacket, which again can be worn by itself or zipped to either the outer shell or the insulated liner, which would make it a nice garment to wear while shooting the chit in the parking lot at night in cooler weather.  The third (outside layer) is a mesh jacket with solid codura nylon panels on the sleeves, shoulders, and down the middle of the back.  The outer shell also has the flexible armor in the elbows, shoulders, and back...all of it removeable if desirable to do so.  It has elastic in the waist, with velcro tabs to ensure a snug fit...also has adjustable snaps on the sleeves to ensure a snug fit on the arms when the liners are removed, or you remove the armor.  Velcro closures on the sleeves allow summer gloves to go under the sleeve, or winter gloves to go over the top of the cuffs with gauntlet style gloves.  Each layer has pockets of it's own.

Pretty nice looking jacket, IMO...Tried it out the other day when it was in the low 80's here, and the sun was shining.  I stayed comfortable while moving, only getting a little warm when stopped at a redlight in town, and some of that is due to engine heat on the 110.  I would say that it is a true 3.5 season jacket, and could be a 4 season with a thin layer of fleece as an outer layer on your body.  It also has a comfortable neck closure, and even a velcro tab to keep the closure from flapping in the breeze if you don't want to close the neck completely.

It ain't cheap, but is very well made, fits well, and is comfortable while riding.  Plus, it offers good protection for jackets of this type.  I'll just have a HD patch sewn on the back if I feel the need for that.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:33:33 PM by TCnBham »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.