Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 6 th gear indicator light not working  (Read 10078 times)

TonyV

• MyCVO

• CVO1: fxdfse
6 th gear indicator light not working
« on: March 27, 2011, 07:38:15 PM »

I had to change out the speedometer on my bike to comply w\ Canadian warranty on a US bike. Bought the kms\hr speedo through the US dealer where I bought the bike, HD factory set the kms, sent to dealer and dealer sent to me. I changed out the speedo, but the 6 th gear indicator light has never worked. Any fixes available ?
Thanks in advance.

ALRG8TOR

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE granite denim & electric blue fade
Re: 6 th gear indicator light not working
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 07:42:40 PM »

Don't know about yours but you can't see mine in broad daylight unless you shade it with your hand, it's very dim.

CVO MIKE

• CVO1: 2010 cvo FATBOB
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 07:15:59 PM »

When i put the tts tuner on my  fxdfse2  the 6th gear light stopped working .My tuner called tts they adjusted something i will call to find out what they did but it worked.Have not had any problems since.

CVO MIKE

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 07:20:17 PM »

When i put the tts tuner on my  fxdfse2  the 6th gear light stopped working .My tuner called tts they adjusted something i will call to find out what they did but it worked.Have not had any problems since.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 07:21:13 PM »

Don't know about yours but you can't see mine in broad daylight unless you shade it with your hand, it's very dim.

:2vrolijk_21:
I agree with that,  unless you're riding in total darkness,  it is very hard to tell if the damn lite is on/off.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 07:43:35 PM »

When in doubt, lift up on the shifter.  If nothing happens, you are in 6th.

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ALRG8TOR

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 07:44:24 PM »

moscooter - I hope the more important ones come on a little brighter or I'll miss it/them.

cvo mike - let me know how you like the tuner, I'm on the fence between TTS and the Thundermax autotune as part of a zip kit.

CVO MIKE

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »

Don't know much about thundermax but my tuner (andrew from rosas cycle huntington N Y) is well respected and he told me he has great success with TTS.I have the TTS V&H big shots and heavey breather 99.9hp 116tq and bike runs great no issues at all. ;D

ALRG8TOR

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 10:57:58 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! Has your range after a fill up changed? Are you getting noticeably better mileage with the TTS?

Most other posts have indicated an improvement, I thought I would check about your experience since we both have the fat bob.

Thanks again!

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 11:45:15 AM »

Jerry ;)

Same thing for 1st, just opposite direction!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 04:42:46 PM »

Jerry ;)

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: ::)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 06:43:26 PM »

:cherry:
RE: the "When in doubt" comment.........Yup,  after riding for 46-48 yrs or so,  I fully understand how that works.

Now,  I'll bring another (wish list) item into the picture beyond the damn (no canseeum lite in the daytime) for 6th gear and just mention the idea of a "gear indicator".   I've ridden bikes that have that option and liked the idea.

Just another additional touch to a very expensive bike that ought to come with every (bell and whistle) imaginable for the price. ::)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 07:17:12 PM »

:cherry:
RE: the "When in doubt" comment.........Yup,  after riding for 46-48 yrs or so,  I fully understand how that works.

Now,  I'll bring another (wish list) item into the picture beyond the damn (no canseeum lite in the daytime) for 6th gear and just mention the idea of a "gear indicator".   I've ridden bikes that have that option and liked the idea.

Just another additional touch to a very expensive bike that ought to come with every (bell and whistle) imaginable for the price. ::)

And it's not exactly a new idea either; my 1982 Honda had a digital gear indicator integrated into the gauges.  But if you want one 30 years later on your Harley, you have to buy it as an accessory and mount it on your handlebars rather than have it integral with the gauges.  Look at the latest accessory supplement from H-D and you'll find what I'm talking about.  Pay the big bucks for the bike up front, then pay big bucks to upgrade and update the bike to what it should have been initially.  Gotta love those greedy SOB's in Milwaukee.

Jerry
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:22:19 PM by grc »

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 07:23:25 PM »

And it's not exactly a new idea either; my 1982 Honda had a digital gear indicator integrated into the gauges.  But if you want one 30 years later on your Harley, you have to buy it as an accessory and mount it on your handlebars rather than have it integral with the gauges.  Look at the latest accessory supplement from H-D and you'll find what I'm talking about.  Pay the big bucks for the bike up front, then pay big bucks to upgrade and update the bike to what it should have been initially.  Gotta love those greedy SOB's in Milwaukee.

Jerry

My '85 V65 Magna had a digital gear indicator also...  Except that bike accelerated so fast, I could never find time to pay much attention to it!  That was a great bike!   Wish I'd kept it.  :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 07:35:34 PM »

My '85 V65 Magna had a digital gear indicator also...  Except that bike accelerated so fast, I could never find time to pay much attention to it!  That was a great bike!   Wish I'd kept it.  :2vrolijk_21:

:2vrolijk_21:   Mine was the V45 Sabre (45 in3, 750 cc).  V-4 water cooled engine, shaft drive, ran like a raped ape, reliable as a rock.  I also wish I still had it.  As for the gear indicator, the novelty wore off after the first few months and I rarely paid any attention to it afterwards.  I never needed one in my manual trans cars, or my various motorcycles prior to or after the Honda.  There is such a thing as information overload, especially with a feeble mind like mine, and I don't really need another display to distract me from the important stuff, like that idiot getting ready to pull out in front of me. 

Jerry

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.