Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 6 th gear indicator light not working  (Read 10077 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: 6 th gear indicator light not working
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 08:00:13 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:   Mine was the V45 Sabre (45 in3, 750 cc).  V-4 water cooled engine, shaft drive, ran like a raped ape, reliable as a rock.  I also wish I still had it.  As for the gear indicator, the novelty wore off after the first few months and I rarely paid any attention to it afterwards.  I never needed one in my manual trans cars, or my various motorcycles prior to or after the Honda.  There is such a thing as information overload, especially with a feeble mind like mine, and I don't really need another display to distract me from the important stuff, like that idiot getting ready to pull out in front of me. 

Jerry

The only issue I ever had with my Magna was the thermostat.  After replacing it a few times, I installed a toggle switch.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

TonyV

• MyCVO

• CVO1: fxdfse
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 10:43:14 AM »

I am not too interested in Honda's or shifting up, toggles, etc, just was looking for an answer in regards to the 6 th gear light issue. No pulley mods or tuner installed. Just changed out the speedo with a factory calibrated, new kms model. No 6th gear light.

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 09:46:26 PM »

I had the same problem when I installed the TTS there is a bulliton on the web site how to fix it
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 03:50:29 PM »

:nixweiss:
Tony..........If I'm following the dates on this post correctly,  it is now 2 years later....and your last post indicates "no workie" but your (first) post leaves a question.

"but the 6 th gear indicator light has never worked. Any fixes available ?"

:confused5: Does (never worked) mean that in fact the gear lite has never worked...........or does it mean,  it quit working after the speedo was swapped out.  If it was the latter,  it would seem the installing dealer would or should help you resolve that problem :-\

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »

:cherry:
RE: the "When in doubt" comment.........Yup,  after riding for 46-48 yrs or so,  I fully understand how that works.

Now,  I'll bring another (wish list) item into the picture beyond the damn (no canseeum lite in the daytime) for 6th gear and just mention the idea of a "gear indicator".   I've ridden bikes that have that option and liked the idea.

Just another additional touch to a very expensive bike that ought to come with every (bell and whistle) imaginable for the price. ::)

When I rode a 4 speed was always trying to shift in to 5th gear, when I rode a 5 speed, was trying to shift into 6th gear, now have a six speed and guess what?  Must be an old dog. 
Do it now!

TonyV

• MyCVO

• CVO1: fxdfse
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 12:06:41 PM »

Moscooter,
I installed the speedo even before Deeley Canada's BS about having to have a KM speedo (here in Canada) to honor the 2 year HD warranty, . The speedo had been calibrated by H-D, sent to the dealer were the bike was purchased, then on to me. It took 5 minutes to change out, just plug and play.
I contacted H-D about the six th gear light but they were no help. I don't know if I missed something on the install ? Going to open up the "Harley House" today as the snow has finally melted away from the door !!
The light never did work  :(
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:08:37 PM by TonyV »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.