Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pre-Delivery Warranty - Game On  (Read 1122 times)

BaronStump

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Pre-Delivery Warranty - Game On
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:47:53 PM »

Wow...like I shouldn't have seen this coming.  Thought with the limited time I have back in the states (2.5 months) I'd get a jump start equipping the bike the way I want it and right out of the chute I get the "it'll void your warranty".  All I can picture is the scenes from the movie Christmas Story with the "you'll shoot your eye out" remarks.  Has anyone had the Cam set installed pre-delivery or shortly thereafter by a dealership?  Was there any probs?  The comment on the SERT is asinine.  The second part is just my luck, no the bikes not coming out of his inventory, it's not coming out of anyone's inventory as it was one of five produced above the dealership's allotments for sales through the Overseas Military Sales office which selects the dealership for us based on the delivery area we require.  The MoCo tries to be supportive to us military, but sense the dealerships don't get their pound of flesh up front, they'll take it on the backside...real nice!  Excerpts below:

From the dealer rep:
Stump,

First I must address the cam set, this is not street legal and will void your warranty. The Race Tuner, as well, will kill your warranty as it is not considered street legal.  You do realize the starter is the same only chrome? There are some questions being raised currently regarding after market exhaust as the EPA is cracking down on states regarding emissions and noise levels.

As for the discount on parts, as this unit is not in my inventory I do not have a justification for parts discounts. We do currently offer parts discount programs to local HOG Chapter members. If you have a national membership and would like to join the local chapter that is possible.

As for price, before gaskets and fluids, the estimate is just over $6500.00. I anticipate between 6500.00 and 7000.00.

Let me know what else I can do to help.

Respectfully,
Conrad

To Dealer from me:
Conrad,

...Earlier I had written regarding a fairly lengthy list of parts and services that I would like to have done, many pre-delivery or as close as possible so that what can be covered under warranty can be folded into the extended warranty.  Additionally, many dealerships, some of which I’ve dealt with in the past, offer discounts when picking up a new bike on immediate purchases, does your dealership offer discounts for new parts for your bike customers?  As I had mentioned, I am looking to have several performance upgrades done, want to take full advantage of the liberal speed limits in Europe and plan on doing a lot of touring.  Primarily looking at:
SE High Flow Air Cleaner Kit (Stage 1 for EFIs)
SE Race Tuner
Exhaust Change-out – Rinehart true duals, Freedom, V & H ovals
HD 6 Spd Transmission w/ Hydraulic cover plate
SE 204 gear drive cam
Chrome Inner Primary cover
Chrome High performance starter
Auto Primary Chain Adjuster
And about a dozen more items..or more depending on the discount

Just let me know when you get a chance,
Thanks,
-Stump
M. J. MITCHELL, Lt Col, USAF
'06 FLHTCUSE Haze-n-Black
Too Numerous to List
1999 Indian Chief (Custom Paint - Red)
ThunderHeart Single Fire
Woods W6H Prowler Cam
HackerLabs Hacker B
Too Much Chrome & Engine changes to list

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.