Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PCV/Warranty  (Read 1197 times)

yellowcvo

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE
PCV/Warranty
« on: April 05, 2011, 09:51:16 PM »

I am going to take my bike to the shop because of a new noise (rattle)in the engine.Just checking to see what you guys think about my PCV and warranty??Should I remove it or would they know it had been installed anyway  :nixweiss:  :confused5: Thanks in advance for advice  :2vrolijk_21:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: PCV/Warranty
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 09:54:59 PM »

I am going to take my bike to the shop because of a new noise (rattle)in the engine.Just checking to see what you guys think about my PCV and warranty??Should I remove it or would they know it had been installed anyway  :nixweiss:  :confused5: Thanks in advance for advice  :2vrolijk_21:

I wouldn't. 

I suppose it depends on your relationship with your dealer... 
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 09:56:31 PM »

8) 8) 8)

Kind of depends on the dealer.  Some won't care and others might.

To be safe you could take it out.  The bike will still run and there would be no issue.

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

yellowcvo

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 09:24:18 PM »

I brought my bike to the shop today after taking out PCV. When I talked to the service manager he said I could have left it in.He said the only issue would have been if whatever is broken was from the use of the PCV. :nervous: Now I just have to wait and see what they find broken  :confused5:  :nixweiss:

yellowcvo

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 09:00:51 PM »

I don`t know if I should start another thread in another spot???I received a call from the shop they said my clutch assembly was broke.No damage to the tranny shaft but there were chunks out of clutch shaft and some other broken stuff don`t remember what  :duhk:.They said they had never seen anything like it  :nixweiss: good thing all covered under ESP  :2vrolijk_21: 27,000 miles on bike

TwoToes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide Black
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 10:13:56 AM »

Those extended warranty's do come in handy. I always get one on a major purchase.

yellowcvo

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 03:13:20 PM »

I talked to the service manager today they installed the clutch. :nervous:  When they started the bike the engine was making noise now they are replacing cams lifters all bearings involved etc.Should they be looking at anything else while they are in there????:nixweiss:

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »

For future reference, unless a modification can be shown to have caused the malfunction, the warrantor is required to honor the original warranty.  This is covered under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 06:13:16 PM »

all true

however - the extended warranty does not come under the act - you pay a fee and agree to terms - they agree to fix if needed - one of the terms is "no modifications"

if it were me id remove the thing for service just in case you get somebody who is itching to ruin your day by perhaps - noting its presence on some record that may cause trouble later

if its out of warranty and there is no esp - then do whatever you want

to

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.