Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: man down  (Read 22813 times)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: man down
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2004, 09:19:08 PM »

Hey AK,

The guys over in the Zone are asking about JC (see Accident section). Do you think you can stop by there and give them an update on JC. I've directed them here, but that string is getting rather long, and it's their hangout, so it might be a good idea. Also, some have asked for JC's snail mail address (to be emailed to them) to try to get 500 cards to fill up his mailbox! Sounds cool.

JC left san fran yesterday for sacramento hospital  then home 7-10 days from now.  i have JCZ home address and e-mail will PM you with them as well---------"the guys in the zone"  [smiley=dunce2.gif] i don,t know  what that is  or how to find could you inlighten me on that one----------AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2004, 10:12:51 PM »

Thanks for the update, ak.  You have a PM.

Just FYI for everyone, JCZ's e-mail address is available from this site via his profile.

P.S. No idea what the "Zone" is here, either.

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2004, 01:20:48 AM »

The "Zone" is short for the "Harley Zone", another forum that I guess JC has been part of from its inception years ago. I guess alot of guys over there have known him for quite some time.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 01:23:19 AM by psychodeuce »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2004, 08:29:59 AM »

Called JC last night,  He still is in a great deal of pain he says.  He said to tell everyone he appreciated the prayers and support.  He also said the bike faired alot better than he did, basiclly just paint.  He is back in Sacramento.  He said that this was a life altering wreck and at this point he wants to sell the bike. [smiley=sad2.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2004, 11:11:02 PM »

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts.....they are greatly appreciated by me, my wife, Babe and those who are close to me.

A huge "Thank You!" to AK and his wife Sherri.  Thanks to them and their generosity of allowing Babe to use the guest house, it allowed her to spend many more days with me in San Francisco, than we would have otherwise been able to afford.  

Some of you contacted me directly and those times sure help to brighten an otherwise dull and painful day.....thanks to Psycho, Mr. Magoo, Benerag and any others that I'm not remembering right now.

I have visitors daily and continue too and I'm greatful for the people that God has put in my life.

Thanks to everybody for evertything! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

starvin

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2004, 11:30:52 PM »

Good to see you post again JC!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2004, 11:42:10 PM »

Guys I'm going to try to tell my story as true and honest as I can.  Those of you who have been around this site or the Zone for awhile.....know me personally or have rode with me know that I'm 53 years old and have been riding since my late teens.  You also know that I am a very aggressive rider (and driver, in my Harley truck) by nature.  You should also know that this is my fourth motorcycle accident, over the years.

I was cruising along in the slow lane (two lanes in each direction), going to meet a friend, at about 5:00 p.m. on a Monday evening.  The lane to my left was clear, with a large cargo type van about three or four car lengths ahead, in that lane.  Directly in front of me was a car cruising at about 25 or 30 mph.  I decideded that I was going to go around the car directly in front of me and pull back in in front of him.

I accelerate, twisiting the throttle to the stop.  As I gain my center balance in the fast lane and get ready to move back over the the right hand lane.......all of a sudden brake lights.......the cargo van that was just doing about 30 mph with the flow is dead stopped......oh chittttt........I twist the trottle back from the throttle stop and get on both binders but I realize I've got way too much momentum and I'm not going to stop in time (I can remember thinking that for a  split second) and I remember trying to squeeze between the two vehicles.  I came to in the hospital.

I impacted the right rear corner of the van with the full left side of my body.  My damages.....broken jaw, compound fracture to upper left arm, crushed pelvis, broken leg, fractured knee, compound fracture of left leg, just below the knee.  I had seven sergical procedures in just under three weeks.  I have zero weight bearing on my leg and my arm so my whole healing process will be very slow.

I can get out of bed and into a wheel chair by hobbling on my right foot and using my right arm.  The surgeons are saying that it's going to be weeks before I can put an weight at all, on my foot or arm.

This is the fourth accident  in my riding career.  And at an estimated 30 mph I am more busted up than I ever was before.  I've had four weeks to think about it.  My wife totally  supported me and said that it's my decision and that she'll not try to sway me either way.  After four weeks of laying and wieighing all the considerations that I've taken into account, I've decided that I'm going to sell my bike and give up riding.  Some of you may understand and some of you may not and that's allright.  I will get back on the bike and ride it again, before I sell it.......just something that I have to do for myself.  I may even go for acouple weekend rides with AK and some other close friends but I will be selling it.  It's something I've decided that I owe to my loving wife, Babe, my daughter and my grand children.

I'll still be here on this site for quite awhile........more than ever, while I'm healing and now that I've got access (my high speed internet company has comped me the dial up service for a month).
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

100thFLSTFI-Y

• I'll own this one day soon!
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2004, 01:06:02 AM »

Welcome Back JC.

I fully understand your need to get back on and ride.  Best wishes and get well soon.

Robert
'03 FLSTFI-Y, vivid black
'00 FXDL, sinister blue/diamond ice, wifes toy
'89 FLTUC w/sidecar black with red pinstripes (new project)
'79 FLH (dinosaur in hibernation)

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2004, 07:10:03 AM »

Welcome back JC :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 07:10:56 AM by MoChrome »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2004, 09:41:49 AM »

Good to see you back up and running JC.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

mfgreen

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2004, 10:06:48 AM »

Your display of true heart in your decision exemplifies the man that you are.  Hang in there JC.......healing your mind, soul, spirit and heart will take time and we want you here through that process.

Mike

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2004, 10:38:09 AM »

Just Happy your still with us JC... do what ya gotta do
We all love you
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 10:38:36 AM by cabo »
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2004, 11:42:29 AM »

JC,

good to see you posting again, i think we all understand your decison to sell the bike, i hope that you will continue to spend time with the numerous friends you have on this site and keep us posted on your recovery

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

darkvisorman

• Junior CVO Member
  • Shes Mine and Orange
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2004, 01:55:34 PM »

JC - Good to see you're on the mend, time is a great healer, sad to hear about your decision to sell the bike, but you gotta do whats right for you and your family.

I wish you a quick and speedy recovery and best wishes to your family.

Keep your chin up!! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2004, 01:59:39 PM »

JCZ, great to see you back posting again!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 02:01:34 PM by 103tHunDer »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.