Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Corbin Saddle  (Read 13053 times)

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Corbin Saddle
« on: April 10, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »

FYI. I have been asking for 9 months...but Corbin now has saddles available for the Convertible! kr

CALICO

• NL

• CVO1: Softail Convertible FLSTSE
    • My motorcycle pages
Re: Corbin Saddle
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 09:34:23 PM »

FYI. I have been asking for 9 months...but Corbin now has saddles available for the Convertible! kr
Thanks for the info kr. I will definitely go over to their place in Ormond Beach and order one.

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 09:46:11 AM »

Oh boy I have been waiting more money out the window. Just ordered and confirmed with back rest it will be great.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:46:00 PM by Ramjet-SS »

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »

The Corbin saddles are pretty expensive.  Are they worth it over the Harley's and what makes them so special?  Thanks.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 10:30:30 AM »

Drivers back rest and for some folks not all they are more comfortable because of the foam they use and construction. Takes some time to break them in though. Once they are ohhh boy they are comfy.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 10:52:56 AM »

The Corbin saddles are pretty expensive.  Are they worth it over the Harley's and what makes them so special?  Thanks.

The first bike I used a Corbin on was my 04 SEEG and now my 10 SESG.  Once I went to Corbin, I was able to sell all the other seats I had hanging on the walls of the garage.  The guys used to tease me about opening a seat store.

To the touch, they're very firm (almost hard)....but hours in the saddle, the most comfortable seat I've ever had.  Ten, twelve hours a day is no problem now.  Don't ask me to explain it cause I can't except to say that they have support and shape where it's needed for long hours in the saddle. 

I used to think it was all hocus pokus when I'd read about Corbin but then Van loaned me his to ride ocean to ocean with.  I was certainly skeptical.  I was 2/3 the way back across this continent before I relaized "hey, I don't have any more monkey butt issues". :2vrolijk_21:  Got home and sold all the other seats in my garage.....I was hooked.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 09:29:32 PM »

Great JCZ.  Well put.  I'll have to start saving up!!
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

MontereyJack

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 12:37:17 AM »

The reason Corbin has seats for the CVO softail conv. is I gave them my bike for 2 months. In return I got a custom duel tour saddle fitted to me and my wife and they gave me the prototype solo saddle have with heat I do not know if it is a fulling working seat since it has a key locking system to hold it on and they is no pigtail to hook into the electric system. I tried to get them to make some hard custom bags for my bike as an R&D test bed. When i talked to mike he said the with so few bikes made it would be hard to justify the R&D time and money. I love this seat much better than the stocker.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 05:59:25 AM »

So, thanks greatly for your contribution on this. 2 months is a sacratice. The last time I called they said they had a convertible in the back and were working on a saddle...the downloadable instructions show a blue CVO....is that yours?   I have a solo on order.  I have a load equalizer and I assume it will still fit with the Corbin?  There isn't much room under there...I asked but have not heard back yet. 

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 08:27:48 AM »

Jack you da man. They told me 3-4 weeks from yesterday I will wait.

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 11:14:54 AM »

MontereyJack
I have been calling Corbin since the end of September for a seat and checking back monthly.  They asked me to furnish them my bike but living in Texas is a bit to far.  Thanks for giving yours up for all of us.  I love there seats! Mine is suppose to be here in another week.

Etudeguy

Proud50

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 10:32:21 PM »

I hadn't heard of the Corbin seat till I read about it on this forum.  We vacationed to Orlando last week and we made a stop by Corbin while on our rental ride.   I ended up ordering a new heated seat.   I was glad I went in cause they have more options than they put online.   I'd advise calling if you want to order a new seat so you can discuss all the options.  They had a new black and chrome stud which should make a more unique look.   I ended up with the alligator top, ostrich sides with chrome and black studs, and snake on lower back side.   I am excited to get it.   I'll post pictures when it shows up in a few weeks.

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 04:45:40 PM »

I received my seat today from Corbin. :mango:

It is awesome looking and I cannot wait to get out on my bike for long ride. 8)

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 06:19:34 PM »

I received my seat today from Corbin. :mango:

It is awesome looking and I cannot wait to get out on my bike for long ride. 8)

The first thing you should have done :worthless:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 08:51:13 AM »

Ya maybe today I know I know 8)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:05:48 AM by Ramjet-SS »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.