Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Corbin Saddle  (Read 13052 times)

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Corbin Saddle
« on: April 10, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »

FYI. I have been asking for 9 months...but Corbin now has saddles available for the Convertible! kr

CALICO

• NL

• CVO1: Softail Convertible FLSTSE
    • My motorcycle pages
Re: Corbin Saddle
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 09:34:23 PM »

FYI. I have been asking for 9 months...but Corbin now has saddles available for the Convertible! kr
Thanks for the info kr. I will definitely go over to their place in Ormond Beach and order one.

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 09:46:11 AM »

Oh boy I have been waiting more money out the window. Just ordered and confirmed with back rest it will be great.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:46:00 PM by Ramjet-SS »

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »

The Corbin saddles are pretty expensive.  Are they worth it over the Harley's and what makes them so special?  Thanks.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 10:30:30 AM »

Drivers back rest and for some folks not all they are more comfortable because of the foam they use and construction. Takes some time to break them in though. Once they are ohhh boy they are comfy.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 10:52:56 AM »

The Corbin saddles are pretty expensive.  Are they worth it over the Harley's and what makes them so special?  Thanks.

The first bike I used a Corbin on was my 04 SEEG and now my 10 SESG.  Once I went to Corbin, I was able to sell all the other seats I had hanging on the walls of the garage.  The guys used to tease me about opening a seat store.

To the touch, they're very firm (almost hard)....but hours in the saddle, the most comfortable seat I've ever had.  Ten, twelve hours a day is no problem now.  Don't ask me to explain it cause I can't except to say that they have support and shape where it's needed for long hours in the saddle. 

I used to think it was all hocus pokus when I'd read about Corbin but then Van loaned me his to ride ocean to ocean with.  I was certainly skeptical.  I was 2/3 the way back across this continent before I relaized "hey, I don't have any more monkey butt issues". :2vrolijk_21:  Got home and sold all the other seats in my garage.....I was hooked.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 09:29:32 PM »

Great JCZ.  Well put.  I'll have to start saving up!!
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

MontereyJack

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 12:37:17 AM »

The reason Corbin has seats for the CVO softail conv. is I gave them my bike for 2 months. In return I got a custom duel tour saddle fitted to me and my wife and they gave me the prototype solo saddle have with heat I do not know if it is a fulling working seat since it has a key locking system to hold it on and they is no pigtail to hook into the electric system. I tried to get them to make some hard custom bags for my bike as an R&D test bed. When i talked to mike he said the with so few bikes made it would be hard to justify the R&D time and money. I love this seat much better than the stocker.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 05:59:25 AM »

So, thanks greatly for your contribution on this. 2 months is a sacratice. The last time I called they said they had a convertible in the back and were working on a saddle...the downloadable instructions show a blue CVO....is that yours?   I have a solo on order.  I have a load equalizer and I assume it will still fit with the Corbin?  There isn't much room under there...I asked but have not heard back yet. 

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 08:27:48 AM »

Jack you da man. They told me 3-4 weeks from yesterday I will wait.

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 11:14:54 AM »

MontereyJack
I have been calling Corbin since the end of September for a seat and checking back monthly.  They asked me to furnish them my bike but living in Texas is a bit to far.  Thanks for giving yours up for all of us.  I love there seats! Mine is suppose to be here in another week.

Etudeguy

Proud50

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 10:32:21 PM »

I hadn't heard of the Corbin seat till I read about it on this forum.  We vacationed to Orlando last week and we made a stop by Corbin while on our rental ride.   I ended up ordering a new heated seat.   I was glad I went in cause they have more options than they put online.   I'd advise calling if you want to order a new seat so you can discuss all the options.  They had a new black and chrome stud which should make a more unique look.   I ended up with the alligator top, ostrich sides with chrome and black studs, and snake on lower back side.   I am excited to get it.   I'll post pictures when it shows up in a few weeks.

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 04:45:40 PM »

I received my seat today from Corbin. :mango:

It is awesome looking and I cannot wait to get out on my bike for long ride. 8)

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 06:19:34 PM »

I received my seat today from Corbin. :mango:

It is awesome looking and I cannot wait to get out on my bike for long ride. 8)

The first thing you should have done :worthless:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 08:51:13 AM »

Ya maybe today I know I know 8)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 09:05:48 AM by Ramjet-SS »

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 09:07:58 AM »

I am hoping the orange will fade some into a darker color and it will over time. I also have to sno-seal it which will darken it alittle.

MontereyJack

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 06:01:34 PM »

Nice looking seat. I would load of pics of mine but they are on Corbins website under new products. How is your seat held on? The solo one I have has a key that moves somekind of locking device. Mine is the prototype of the solo so the production one may be different. I my solo is complete production model I have one that is heated with oval back rest for sale. I do not have the female connector for the heated seat and do not know what the locking device hooks to on the bike. Anyone that has a solo please let the me know. i would not want this seat to just set on a shelf in the shed.

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 06:34:23 PM »

Yes you use existing holes and put a bracket with a spade that locks in the seat. The rear bracket you have to bend the bracket because of the curvature of the seat and bolts, that bracket mates up with metal tab on the rear of the seat to hold it from right to left movement. The comfort and contour of this seat is so much better than the factory seat. Corbin did an outstanding job on this seat but I have come to expect that from them.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 05:13:10 PM »

Mine arrived today. Looking things over...it didn't come up bolts for the rear bracket...I assume the thumbscrews cannot not used.  So did you just buy a couple bolts instead?

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 06:47:43 PM »

KR
I'm assuming that you purchased the solo seat, right? Go to the solo page and click on NOTES and it will show you what to do. http://www.corbin.com/harley/softail/hdst10cvos.shtml

Etudeguy

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 07:58:04 PM »

I used the studs that were there with spacers but on my 2011 I had to bend the bracket a little to follow the contour of the rear fender better then i git some nuts and lock washers and bolted down the bracket. You are correct the thumb screws will not work. Other than that it went on well you might have to adjust the spade up a little to get a better fit. and so it engages nicely.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 09:18:47 PM »

Thanks.  Anxious to get it on...my third Corbin but the quality of this one is really exceptional. 

Proud50

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 12:06:45 AM »

I received my Corbin Dual Tour Saddle for 2010 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible FLSTSE and its not fitting.    I called Corbin who indicated I should modify the front hook clip and possibly add washer to back to get it working.   I was hoping to get some feedback from someone else to know if they had similar experience.   The metal clip that hooks near the gas tank seems quite different than the Harley seat.    Let me know if anyone else got a dual tour seat and if you had to modify to get it to fit.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2011, 04:00:50 PM »

I used the studs that were there with spacers but on my 2011 I had to bend the bracket a little to follow the contour of the rear fender better then i git some nuts and lock washers and bolted down the bracket. You are correct the thumb screws will not work. Other than that it went on well you might have to adjust the spade up a little to get a better fit. and so it engages nicely.

So I don't mean to be dense here.  I'm putting on the saddle finally but I don't understand how the rear mounting bracket "holds" the back of the seat.  The bracket on the rear of the saddle doesn't latch in anyway to the bracket on the fender?  That results in more vertical movement of the back of the saddle than I would expect. 

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 03:50:01 PM »

You will see a notch on the bracket the tab on the seat sits in the notch and that will prevent side to side movement. The flare on the bracket faces up. You will have to bend that bracket to follow your fender contour and you will have raise the bracket up with some washers or spacers under it.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »

Proud50
I received my Corbin Dual Tour Saddle for 2010 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible FLSTSE and its not fitting.    I called Corbin who indicated I should modify the front hook clip and possibly add washer to back to get it working.   I was hoping to get some feedback from someone else to know if they had similar experience.   The metal clip that hooks near the gas tank seems quite different than the Harley seat.    Let me know if anyone else got a dual tour seat and if you had to modify to get it to fit.

So I am curious for an update.  Did you modify the seat or need to send it back to Corbin?  Did you get it to fit correctly? 

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 06:39:19 PM »

I received my Corbin Dual Tour Saddle last week and I have the 2011 Convertible.  I was able to get the seat to fit but it was tight. The thumb screw that came with the bike which screws the seat on to the rear fender is to thick because the Corbin seat extends to far back.  I had to go to the Harley store and purchase a thin screw to get it to fit.

Another thing that is aggravating is that I have a luggage rack attached to my sissy bar and it won't fit because the Dual Tour extends to far out.  The luggage rack would need to be approximately an inch future back.  I could have the rack soldered back about an inch and re-chromed. Anyone have any suggestions for me on this one.

I sent my seat back because I purchase a back rest that I was going to use up front but I tried to get it to fit for the passenger since the sissy bar wouldn't go on but I couldn't get it to fit because the hole for the screw wasn't the right size.  Corbin is having computer problems and hasn't sent UPS by to pick of the saddle yet.  They said after they picked it up it would take about two weeks to get it back to me.

I really need the luggage rack on the sissy bar to hold my T-bag to have enough luggage space to tour with my wife.

Problems!!

Etudeguy

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 01:13:55 PM »

Just got back from a 1,500 mi. trip riding 2 up.  Stock seat was fine along with the big bucket back rest for my sweetie.  For all the fitment troubles described by you guys I'll stick with the stocker.  Is it really that difficult to make a bolt-on replacement seat? 

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 03:29:18 PM »

2smoke
I'm fine with the stock seat but my wife hates the passenger pillion.  Your idea for the custom made pillion certainly sounds fine as well.  I do know that the Harley Sundowner seat is fine.  We've always rode on a Corbin seat in the past and have loved it.

I'm glad to hear your 1,500 mile trip was successful.  We're taking a 5,000 mile trip pretty soon.

Etudeguy

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 01:30:16 PM »

2smoke
I'm fine with the stock seat but my wife hates the passenger pillion.  Your idea for the custom made pillion certainly sounds fine as well.  I do know that the Harley Sundowner seat is fine.  We've always rode on a Corbin seat in the past and have loved it.

I'm glad to hear your 1,500 mile trip was successful.  We're taking a 5,000 mile trip pretty soon.

Etudeguy
A 5,000mi. trip is nothing to scoff at!  A true Iron Butt experience.  Make sure you give us a trip report.  I hope you have as much fun as we did on our ConV.

Ramjet-SS

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 11:19:59 PM »

My Corbin seat and back rest are for sale if anyone is interested. I no longer have the Convertible. Back to a Gold Wing.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 07:24:32 AM »

is it still for sale ?    if so got pics may be intrested
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

emcclary

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO3: 2010 FLSTSE
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 05:14:32 PM »

I just received the solo saddle for 2010 Softail convertible and it doesn't fit right at all. If I push the seat back to meet the rear bracket the locking pin doesn't match up. If I fit it onto the locking pin the rear bracket doesn't touch the seat at all. I also don't like the fact they give you a flat rear bracket to fit onto a curved rear fender. I have had four Corbin seats and this is the only one I have ever had that didn't bolt right up the way it is supposed to any ideas? I put two washers under each of the front pin support screws since the rubber bumper wont let the seat lock in without them. Also was the cutout in your rear bracket crooked or cleanly cut? I have pics of all my issues which I sent to Corbin looking for answers.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »

I just received the solo saddle for 2010 Softail convertible and it doesn't fit right at all. If I push the seat back to meet the rear bracket the locking pin doesn't match up. If I fit it onto the locking pin the rear bracket doesn't touch the seat at all. I also don't like the fact they give you a flat rear bracket to fit onto a curved rear fender. I have had four Corbin seats and this is the only one I have ever had that didn't bolt right up the way it is supposed to any ideas? I put two washers under each of the front pin support screws since the rubber bumper wont let the seat lock in without them. Also was the cutout in your rear bracket crooked or cleanly cut? I have pics of all my issues which I sent to Corbin looking for answers.

This is exactly why I went with the Sundowner, at least for now. I think everyone that got one of these so far has had trouble with it. :nixweiss:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Pegus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE2
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2011, 02:08:02 AM »

Thinking of buying both à solo and dual Corbin. I understand there is a key lock, but does that mean that it's an easy and quick shift between the two seats?
Don't postpone until tomorrow what you can do the day after that. Ride on!

emcclary

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 11:58:07 AM »

Does the two up use a key lock as well? None of my two up corbin seats have key locks on them. I would be wary of the solo seat since mine doesnt fit correctly at all and I still havent received an answer as to what I am supposed to do about it.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 01:53:58 PM »

I have both the solo and dual Corbin seats.  The dual does not use a key/lock and mine fits perfectly on the CVO using the existing mounting points. I'm very pleased with the fit and finish of this saddle.  The solo locks onto a new front mount that must be installed, and requires the additional rear mount bracket.  Thus these two  pieces must be removed to switch to the dual, which is a bit annoying but actually takes little time.  I did not bend the rear bracket to fit the fender curve but rather added a strip of 1/8" nylon belting underneath the bracket.  I still do not fully understand the rear bracket on the solo in as much as the rear of the saddle is not attached in any way.  The saddle can move vertically a small amount and essentially slides into the cutout of the rear bracket.  Maybe Corbin thought this movement increases comfort or absorbs shocks in some way? 

emcclary

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2011, 02:16:11 PM »

Im not happy with the fit of my solo at all I actually have a call into Corbin about it thats how bad it is. I agree the rear notch is pointless since it really doesnt hold the seat down like it would it there was a pin that hooked under the bracket before you snapped it down onto the locking pin. My rear bracket notch is very sloppily cut as well and the bracket barely fits into the notch in it.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2011, 10:33:13 PM »

emcclary,
Any update from Corbin? 

Pegus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE2
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 02:15:23 AM »

Thus these two  pieces must be removed to switch to the dual, which is a bit annoying but actually takes little time.   

Thanks for info! Hopefully they will improve on that, and when they do, I'll buy one of each!
Don't postpone until tomorrow what you can do the day after that. Ride on!

emcclary

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 09:33:27 AM »

Havent heard a word planning on calling again today. I have used their seats on most of my bikes and this is the first time I have had a problem with a seat fitting a bike. I have had their seats on a BMW RT1100 a Honda Valkyrie two Road Kings and a Dresser all with perfect fits.

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »

picture of the solo

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 01:00:53 PM »

pciture of the dual

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »

another

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 05:39:22 PM »

another of the solo

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2011, 06:38:49 AM »

2smoke

Etudeguy

Etude guy,

My wife is not crazy about the passenger pillion for long rides either so I got her an Air Hawk 2 seat cushion. We plan to give it a go on a long ride next weekend and I will report back how it goes.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2011, 07:04:39 AM »

MikeV
My wife and I tried the Air Hawk 2 on my other bike a couple of years ago and if I remember correctly it puts one even a bit higher.

We're on a long road trip now using the Corbin DualTour and we both love it.

Corbin corrected all the issues I first had with the first seat that they sent me so now we're happy. The Corbin seat looks great as well.

Etudeguy

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2011, 11:16:57 AM »

MikeV
My wife and I tried the Air Hawk 2 on my other bike a couple of years ago and if I remember correctly it puts one even a bit higher.

We're on a long road trip now using the Corbin DualTour and we both love it.

Corbin corrected all the issues I first had with the first seat that they sent me so now we're happy. The Corbin seat looks great as well.

Etudeguy

Etudeguy, How much of an improvement is this over the stock seat and bsr pillion?

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2011, 07:36:49 PM »

Mr. Warlock
The stock HD seat was OK for me but according to my wife, the stock pillon was not comfortable for any ride of any significants. For one thing the pillon is real cushy and places the passanger real high. The pillon is separate from the main seat so there is a little play from side to side, which my wife says made her feel unstable. The comfort level is pretty low as well.  I know some of the guys recommend the Air Hawk 2 which I'm sure improves the comfort level but doesn't solve the stability problem and just puts the passenger even higher.

The Corbin DualTour is a one piece seat for two, which makes the ride for the passenger more centered and stable. My wife says that the level of improved comfort is monumental. Remember I said the comfort level of the stock seat was OK for me but when I sat on the Corbin you don't want to go back to the standard seat at all. (Big Improvement)

We are currently on a road trip and we have already ridden 4,000 on the Corbin seat, and we're riding daily. We are having the time of our lives and we are extremely comfortable.

You and I have the same color bike!

I hope this helps

Etudeguy

brr5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2011, 10:16:07 AM »

KR-
Can you install the CVO pillion after installing the Corbin Solo?
Thanks,
Bob

kr

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2011, 06:44:07 AM »

No.  The pillion is held in the front by a tongue that fits under a bracket on the HD saddle, the Corbin does not have this bracket. 

Razor

• RAZOR
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010.5 FLHTCUSE5/BLK- #008
    • CVO2: 2011 FLSTSE2
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 11:07:15 AM »

I had a little trouble with the back bracket holding the seat with out movement. I adjusted the tab on the seat (bent it out a little) and it fits perfect.
For my money I would go with the Corbin.
RAZOR
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 21 queries.