Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: What is the best seat  (Read 2938 times)

yellow103

• 2005 Electra Glide SE
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2005 SEEG2
What is the best seat
« on: April 12, 2011, 08:25:24 PM »

Okay need some feedback. My stock seat was killing my a$$, so I bought a used Zeppelin, can't find a position on this road sofa that is comfortable. Now I am thinking about a Mustang seat. But before laying out more bucks I wanted to get some feedback what other CVO ownres have switched to.
2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
Screaming Eagle 6 speed W/21 tooth primary drive
SE Race Tuner
Rhinehart Tru Dual
Traxxion Front Supension
Rear Sway Control
King Tour Pak
Panacea LED Light's front/rear
Heated Grips
LED trunk spoiler

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: What is the best seat
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 08:34:22 PM »

Okay need some feedback. My stock seat was killing my a$$, so I bought a used Zeppelin, can't find a position on this road sofa that is comfortable. Now I am thinking about a Mustang seat. But before laying out more bucks I wanted to get some feedback what other CVO ownres have switched to.

Corbin Dual Tour (heated) on my '06 SEUC...best seat I've ever had.  The jury is still out on the '11 SERGU, but if it gets replaced, it will likely be a Corbin.

Mustang seats also get favorable reviews from some on the site as well.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 08:40:08 PM »

What works for some people will not always work for you. Corbin, C&C, Danny Grey, Mustang are popular around here just to name a few. You really need to sit on some to try. A lot of folks think the Corbin is too hard...I had one and liked it, although it does take some getting used to. For this bike so far the stock seat is pretty good....we will see after a 500 mile day.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 08:48:43 PM »

Corbin dual heat on my SE Ultra, Corbin on the Road Rod, love them.  They are a little hard for some, but my stock SE seat killed my a$$ too.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 09:11:52 PM »

Love my Corbin Dual Tourer. Price but worth it in the end. Or should is "for the end"?

Big C.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Stardust Silver & Platinum Dust FLTRSE3
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 09:31:04 PM »

Call mustang and see if you can meet up with them at one of their scheduled event appearances they normally will let you try before you buy.  That way you give it a test ride on your own scoot and see if you like it and really check out all of their options and styles.  A seat is a hard product to recommend everyone has their own opinion to what is comfortable for them.  I've had a Corbin on one of my bikes it was nice but I found the best seat for me was my stock seat that I brought to a local upholstery shop and had reworked with space foam which was shaped for me.  It was only 120.00 bucks and fit like a glove he also shaped and formed the passenger pad to fit my wife.  The only grip I can think of is if its under 50* out the seat is rock hard until it gets a little heat in it about 5 to 10 miles on the saddle and it's perfect again.
                                                    Good luck with your search,
                                                                  Cory

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 09:35:35 PM »

What works for some people will not always work for you. we will see after a 500 mile day.

In other words...everyone's azz is different so be sure to take if for a long test ride much like you do with a long-term sufficient other...

;)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 10:25:40 PM »

Corbin Classic Solo with the Touring Pillion.....best seat I ever owned. 

After riding ocean to ocean with it, it allowed me to sell all the other seats I'd collected.  I was so resistant for years because to the touch, it's a very firm (hard) seat.  But it's the most comfortable seat after ten or twelve hours in the saddle.  Don't ask me to explain it cuz I can't......I just know it works. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 12:26:10 PM »

Mustang solo w/rider's backrest... Mustang's rider's backrest is fabulous. Infinitely adjustable on the fly. They offer 3 widths of matching pillions to suit your needs.

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »

The best seat is the one that fits your butt and lets you cover miles without any pain or discomfort.  i found out several bikes ago that the Harley Sundowner works best for me.  Just got back yesterday from a 1900 mile trip including a 600 mile leg to get home, and the last thing I had to worry about was an uncomfortable seat.  If you plan on covering some miles, this is one of the most important pieces of equipment you will buy.

Bill
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »

I bought a C&C SportTour seat with driver and passenger back rests a couple of weeks ago.  The quality is top notch but, it makes my butt and legs numb.  I had it stitched with yellow thread to match my SERG.  Contacted Chuck to see if something can be done for it.  May have to sell it and find another.
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 02:13:48 PM »

Some people like the Corbins, but to me it's like sitting on a wooden bench.  I went with the Drag Specialties seat on both SEEGs.  Great seat and not extremely expensive like the Corbins.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »

I had a Mustang touring seat with backrest and the wife loved it as did I, I now have a Saddleman but I preferred my Mustang, to note, both put my seating position higher and still using the stock windscreen, I get nailed pretty good from sitting higher so right now I'm using the stock seat. I may try the new Mustang Daytripper to keep my seat height lower than the bigger touring seats. Like many said, it's an individual preference. :2vrolijk_21:
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

TwoToes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide Black
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 10:28:17 AM »

I've never had one but have heard a lot of good complements about the Mustang line of seats. Never heard a bad thing about Mustang seats. Corbin also sells a lot of seats. Some people love them some don't. They are a little stiff. Have heard from a factory rep that they did have some production problems awhile back with air pockets in the foam under the leather. I have always kept the stock seat. Never had a problem. I ride a lot of long distance cross country and 500/600 and even 1000 mile days. On long trips I use a product called the Air Hawk. Its a pad filled with air, from a short hose that you put in your mouth to inflate, no tools or pump required, and it just straps to your stock seat. It was originally designed for airline pilots. A pilot who rides told me about them and I never ride long distance without my Air Hawk under my a**. The cost is only about $125.00. They make many different sizes and shapes and there is also one available for the passenger. Legal disclaimer: I have no association with Mustang, Corbin or Air Hawk, Your results may vary. Price subject to change without notice. Pictures available upon request.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 08:56:39 PM »

I bought a Mustang when I was in Sturgis in 06. They told be if I don't like it to return
it in a couple of days. I was headed home, so I figured 800 miles should do it...........
My better half loved it as I did, but she wanted HEAT. At the time it was not offered,
so I asked to return it, and all I had to do was pay the UPS bill. They were real nice
and allowed me to do so. I found out last year that they have vendors who do heat,
so guess who has another one!
The "TAZMUN"
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.