Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: What is the best seat  (Read 2939 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: What is the best seat
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »

I bought a Mustang when I was in Sturgis in 06. They told be if I don't like it to return
it in a couple of days. I was headed home, so I figured 800 miles should do it...........
My better half loved it as I did, but she wanted HEAT. At the time it was not offered,
so I asked to return it, and all I had to do was pay the UPS bill. They were real nice
and allowed me to do so. I found out last year that they have vendors who do heat,
so guess who has another one!

Mustang's advertising a heated touring seat now. :)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 11:36:05 PM »

Corbin Classic Solo works for me
Hawg

cvopaul

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 08:53:25 PM »

Everyone is different but this old but likes the Mustang had three and very happy with them.
CVO Paul

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 12:28:07 AM »

I am very surprised at all the props for Mustang Seats, I picked one up in Phoenix and it was the worst seat I have ever had. They were really good about taking it back but still. I guess I have a strange bum. I am going to get a Corbin like I always have in the past, I just thought I would try something different this time.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 08:35:16 AM »

I have a mustang solo on my Fatboy.  I really like that seat.  I did not like the looks of the Mustang solo for the CVO roadglide, just not hotrod enough.  I thought the Danny Gray Big solo was the best looking solo and figured I would give it a try.  I have 28,000 miles on it.  It is not as comfortable as my mustang, even with the Gray having gel inserts.  It does look better. 

I am seriously thinking about trying the Corbin solo.  I just wonder if I will find it to hard like I do the Danny Gray.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 09:43:47 AM »

Well we have three SEEG's and a SERG all have Corbin's love them I've been coast to coast well dam close missed it by hundred miles and no problems with the seat or my butt, corbin seats are like wearing bikenstock shoes there very hard until you break them in.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 11:54:55 AM »

I put a Sundowner seat on the Road King right off the showroom floor and it has done well for me and the daughter but I think the foam is wearing out. It does not seem as comfortable as it was two years ago. I am thinking about having it reworked at a custom shop. My wife has had two seats done by this shop and was well, pleased.

Do the seats and foam give out over time? If so how many years do you expect to get before comfort wanes? Bed mattress foam does not last forever so do motorcycle seats?

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 10:17:22 PM »

I am very surprised at all the props for Mustang Seats, I picked one up in Phoenix and it was the worst seat I have ever had. They were really good about taking it back but still. I guess I have a strange bum. I am going to get a Corbin like I always have in the past, I just thought I would try something different this time.
I guess either you didn't have it long enough or your right, butts are different! When I can do
800 mile days.....I know I got the right seat. The first Mustang I bought, I thought was WAY too
hard, but I was told to ride it a while. Got better each trip, so it worked for me. I had friends
that bought Corbin's, and returned them many times for quality issues, hope they work for you.
The "TAZMUN"

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 11:52:00 PM »

I put 720 or so miles in that seat and it felt the same @ 50 as it did at 720, that is all the time I would give an $1100 seat, I was thinking I would put some type of gel insert in it but for that much money I shouldn't have to. I have been very fortunate in that I have always had a place in the bay area so getting a Corbin seat is just a short ride away to the factory. Custom ride height and position can really ease the back pains, shoulder pains etc.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 11:00:55 AM »

I guess either you didn't have it long enough or your right, butts are different! When I can do
800 mile days.....I know I got the right seat. The first Mustang I bought, I thought was WAY too
hard, but I was told to ride it a while. Got better each trip, so it worked for me. I had friends
that bought Corbin's, and returned them many times for quality issues, hope they work for you

I would have to say your right we are very lucky it's just a short ride for a lot of us here in Cali to ride directly to Corbin and watch them make the seat and fit it to us perfectly, We get to set on them before they cover them add more foam or cut more off.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.