Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 100 mile bike ride (not motorcycle)  (Read 710 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
100 mile bike ride (not motorcycle)
« on: April 14, 2011, 11:03:58 AM »

Everyone,  this guy is a close friend and workmate of mine, he is trying to raise money to find a cure for cancer..... I know with this economy money is tight so I thought I'd post this to try to help.  Give if you can......all help is appreciated.

_Beags

Hello everyone,

A few of weeks ago I made an important decision in my life.  I decided to join The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) Team In Training for the third time.  I will be training and participate in a 100 mile bike ride around Lake Tahoe on June 5th, 2011.  My last event was back in 2006, ever since then I’ve been wanting to get involved so I made it a point to find the time to train for this ride.  I want to help find a cure for all types of cancer and I feel this is a great way to do so.

I will be riding in memory of my father, Robert Landkammer.  He was diagnosed with stage 4 Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia in May of 2007, after only three months of knowing about the cancer my father could no longer fight it off and passed away on August 13th, 2007.   I am very proud that I can be part of something so important by honoring the memory of my father.

As part of the dedication to the LLS, I have agreed to help raise $4,000.  I am asking you to help me with the most significant part of this personal endeavor. Please give generously!  Because I strongly believe in this cause, I feel that I am making an important commitment to “earn” your contribution. A minimum of 75 percent of all funds go directly to research and patient aid. Your contribution is tax deductible and I will be sending out receipts.  Checks can be made out to LLS.  Contributing money is a powerful way to be involved when you can’t give your time. 

If you know someone that you would like me to co-dedicate my ride to, send their name back with your donation and I will write it on the back of my jersey, so they can enjoy the ride with me.  Your strong financial support, and the strength and tenacity with which all those that have battled this disease, will no doubt carry me across the finish line!

You can  donate online with your credit card and follow my progress on my website at: 

http://pages.teamintraining.org/mn/ambbr11/alandkamme

Or send a check to 3357 Texas Ave. S
                                       St. Louis Park, MN 55426
Made out to LLS.

Thank you in advance for your support.  On behalf of all those enduring this serious illnesses – thank you for your generosity.  Your contribution will go far towards research to find a cure for all types of cancer.

With sincere thanks and appreciation,

Andrew Landkammer
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: 100 mile bike ride (not motorcycle)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 07:08:50 PM »

JC,
   I was not sure where to post this, but as all of you that know me......I wouldn't post it if it was not worth looking at. Thanks for putting it in the correct place!!

_Beags
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »

Moved it here since it's not motorcycle related.  However, everybody will still see it when they click on "Show unread posts since last visit".  Already had 67 views. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 09:46:28 AM »

OK people,
    I've been looking at the collection site and haven't seen much action.  A gift of $10 is huge...........(use CVO as your last name so we can track our progress).  Think about it, the price of a couple of  :drink: :drink: going for a good cause, and Andy is gonna peddle a bicycle 100 miles to earn it.  Please give all you can.

Thanks..

_Beags

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.