Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help on choosing a cam for 95 kit  (Read 3087 times)

radian

• 01' Softail 95"
Help on choosing a cam for 95 kit
« on: May 25, 2004, 05:36:37 PM »

Looking for feedback on what cams people have expermented with on 95 inch TC motors.  I'm currently running a 203 cam with stock heads on my 95 inch TC.  Not satisfied anylonger with the torque curve which seems to drop off at 4,000 rpm and dive from there.  I'm having Baisley re work my heads for better flow and to accomadate a higher lift cam.  I heard a very little about HD 251 because its new this year, want to know more about it.  Also wonder how it compares to the HD 257 cam.  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

PCC

• Full CVO Member
Re: Help on choosing a cam for 95 kit
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 10:30:37 AM »

My question would be whether you're making valve changes and what the characteristics of the porting will be. Intake and exhaust porting is different and the flows will be different in and out, so is the cam timing and duration. Generally, really good headwork guys have camshafts specially ground for their heads. From experience, I can tell you, it might be a mistake to pick a "shelf" camshaft. Ask your head guy first. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 12:02:59 PM »

What kind of performance are you looking for? Are you lookin' for top end or stop light to stop light performance. If your lookin' for the stop light to stop light type of cam go for a Leineweber,
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 02:08:35 PM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

rturn2mow

• HOG
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 02:25:53 PM »

I have the 257 in a 95 inch '02 Road King Classic. I also have the SE performance heads, flat top forged pistons, SE race tuner on the efi and Kerker performance pipes. The bike hauls major bootie. Performance is a very nice mix, stop light to stop light and top end. It is a great all around package. I have never been on a dyno but the estimate is about 105-110 hp. You would not be disappointed. Make sure you get compression releases if you can.
Rick
'04 Ultra
'02 FLHRCI w/Big Bore HO kit w/SE Peformance Heads, flat top forged pistons, SE257 cams, SE Race tuner, Kerker pipes, SE adjustable pushrods, high performance clutch, SE springs, touring oil cooler and lotsa chrome.

dyno

• tuner
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 10:38:14 PM »

flat top pistons,S&S 510 gear drive cams, t-heaDER , 157 MAIN 29.5 PILOT, NESS BIG SUCKER AC,( AND PUT IN GOOOD!!! CAM BEARINGS)  AND YOU WILL SEE 98 TO 102 HP & 100-107 FT.LBS TORQE. Really........Mr.D..        P.S. torque will end at 3800-4000 & H.P. at 5200

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.