Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Auxiliary lights on Conv  (Read 4640 times)

Romanstar

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible FLSTSE
Auxiliary lights on Conv
« on: March 29, 2011, 02:23:48 AM »

Hi, after the installation of 7” headlamp, which  gives a much better look to my Conv, I’m planning now to install also auxiliary lights. There was a kit, the number  68669-05 which seemed perfect to fit on 2010 Conv but it is not listed anymore in 2011 HD catalogue. Looking at eBay it seems still on the market, on the contrary on the HD online catalogue it is disappeared. The dedicated online HD parts search for the 2010 FLSTSE suggests another kit the number 69287-07 which is different, without turn signal and with different spotlights that don’t permit to mount the turn signal a their bottom. Does anyone know why the kit 68669-05 is not on 2011 catalogue? Any other suggestion are welcome. Ciao e grazie.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:26:40 AM by Romanstar »

Romanstar

Re: Auxiliary lights on Conv
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 08:23:54 AM »

Solution: 68669-05 is now 68669-05A but the international version for Europe (ambra lens on turn signals) is 68670-05A both kits are listed on 2011 paper catalogue which I don't have yet. I just ordered the kit, I'll post some pictures after installation. Thanks, ciao.

Zackshack

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:28:24 PM »

Saw your pic. Any luck with the Auxilary lights?  Also, can you tell me the part number you have for your windshield. Guy at my dealer seems incapable of locating.. Thanks, Z

Romanstar

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 12:23:58 PM »

Saw your pic. Any luck with the Auxilary lights?  Also, can you tell me the part number you have for your windshield. Guy at my dealer seems incapable of locating.. Thanks, Z
Hi, I’m still waiting the ordered kit, it’s coming directly from US because I avoid the Italian dealer where the stuff generally cost the double, I prefer wait and buy directly from US.
My windshield is the official one for the Fat Boy, it is called “nostalgic” and to fit it on Conv you have to swap the four bushing and their screws on both side of the fork with the longer four which coming with windshield. It’s ten minutes job but it also means that you have to do the same if you want to mount again the original mini fair. In my case it is more difficult because I have to swap also the headlight and its rear panel. It was necessary change both light and rear panel because the new windshield totally changes the look of the front. When I installed the nostalgic, the original 5” headlight gives me a perplexing look! I could not see it!! So take it in consideration.
The windshield I used is the HD part 57141-05 18" Lightly Smoked, there is another "nostalgic" 21”. For me 18” is comfortable, to help you in the choice I am 1,82 mt (it should be 71”1/2 hopefully!) and looking at the above picture you can see how it works for me. I hope my terrible Itaenglish can be understandable, ciao.

Zackshack

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 08:18:10 AM »

Excellent.  Thank you for the response and the pic. I am taking this to my dealer so I can get the same set up.  BTW. Your English is much better than my Italian !!  Caio'

Romanstar

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 01:00:40 PM »

Hi, the light kit arrived Friday and on Saturday I installed it, it’s a four hours job, the most difficult part of the job is to remove the tank and reinstall it. To do it I followed instructions of the workshop manual and I did the job alone. In my case there was a little problem that I would like to write in order to advise who will do the same job: after reinstallation of the tank and refueled it, the yellow gas light on the gauge stayed on and the range indicator displayed “low”, so I wasted a lot of extra time to understand what doesn’t work since the fuel indicator worked right, I checked all wires, connectors an fuses and after six hours of unsuccessful attempts I decided that for some reason, which I didn’t understand, I broken the electronic gauge. I guessed it could be happened because I detached the battery without before to detach the main fuse as indicated on the manual. So, since today in Italy is holyday, very sadly I decided that tomorrow I should go to the dealer to spend a lot of euros. I was sad but I didn’t forget the promise I did to the forum to post a picture of the new mod, then I went out to ride a little run to do some pictures and what’s happened? After two hundred meters the gas light switched off and the range displayed 162 kilometers, magic!
So I would like to advice to whom will decide to do the same job: don’t waste your time looking for why the gas light is on …. just ride!
Another thing, since to remove the old turn signals it’s necessary to cut their wires on the handlebar, it’s possible to use that wires, already wired inside of the handlebar, for other necessities, I ‘ll use the left one to power my GPS. So I hope can help.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.