Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Cannucks vs Hawks!  (Read 1814 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Cannucks vs Hawks!
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:01:56 AM »

Well, maybe a little late on this thread, but for those in the USA that follow hockey, especially the ones in Illinois and of course Cananda..........who wins tonight?  Obviously one of the greatest recent rivalries in todays hockey reaches the boiling point!  The Chicago Blackhawks that have frustrated and at some points humiliated the Vancouver Cannucks the past 2 post seasons have an opportunity to give them everlasting case of Herpes tonight with a game 7 victory?  Now, I have lived in Michigan for the last 6 years, born and raised as a Red Wing hater and a long time BlackHawk fan, PICKED Vancouver to win it all this year with their off season aquisitions.  I even called this series to Vancouver in 5.  Not much of BlackHawk fan Eh?  I absolutley am, but I also am a hockey fan and watch as many games on Centre Ice that time will allow.  Never in my wildest dreams would this scenario have ever played out!  The only way this would be topped in my book win or lose, is if it were happening here against Detroit!

So, do the Cannucks fade away as a Presidents Trophy curse?  Does the determination and experience of a young Championship team prevail?  I can only imagine the headlines in the Vancouver Sun this spring and summer, non-stop badgering if the Cannucks lose a 3rd time to the Hawks, especially after winning the 1st 3 games and going up 3-0 in the series? 

Let the threads begin!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: Cannucks vs Hawks!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:05:40 AM »

I think Montreal, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia are all just as shocked in the east.  I LOVE PLAYOFF HOCKEY!  :apple:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 10:10:08 AM »

I think Montreal, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia are all just as shocked in the east.  I LOVE PLAYOFF HOCKEY!  :apple:

The Leafs are shocked as well.   :P

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 10:14:43 AM »

The Leafs are shocked as well.   :P

They'd be even more shocked if they actually MADE the playoffs!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :oops:

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 10:15:04 AM »

I'd rather see the Sharks play Chicago versus a rested Red Wing team so I am hoping that Chicago wins.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 11:06:33 AM »

The Hawks will make history tonight! (or I will be deeply depressed for the foreseeable future)
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 12:07:41 PM »

Told my buddies two weeks ago that Luongo would fold like a cheap suit. Was a little (a lot) worried to start out, but now I'm confident that the Hawks will pull it off.

I share Wild tickets and ended up with the last Dallas game and was kind of dreading going. Thought they'd choke big time and let Dallas in. Obviously, couldn't be happier that they helped out the Blackhawks.

I was hoping that they'd get (at least) to the second round so the weather improves and the wife and I could possibly ride there for a game and see the HD museum on the way back home.

Sidestory: When Minnesota came back and knocked off Colorado (when Andrew Brunette scored in OT on Patrick Roy) in their only playoff run, I was lucky enough to be sitting on the glass, right behind the goal--two down from the goal judge.

Went with buddies to game 6 in St. Paul, when they won in OT, I was ready to go to Denver and scalp tickets for game 7 the next night. None of my buddies believed that I'd go. I kept telling them "game 7, on the glass." Went outside of McGovern's and called the Denver ticketmaster number--got a recording saying they were offering tickets for Round 2, Denver against the Canucks. This of course pissed me off to the point that I almost had to go.

I own a little bar two hours west of the metro. I called my buddy that was bartending that night. He said he'd go. Two other guys that happened to be sitting at the bar when I called said they'd go. Picked them up at three in the morning (after shutting down the bars in St. Paul) and road-tripped to Denver. We found a hotel, crashed for a bit, then made our way to the arena.

A reporter from the Rocky Mountain News saw us walking up to the Arena in our Wild jerseys--he ended up doing his column about us. He directed us to the area where the scalpers "work." Haggled with a scalper for a while before he finally asked us what exactly we were looking for. He told us the game wasn't sold out and we could get on-the-glass seats inside.

Needless to say, on the glass, right behind the net is where we ended up. Most of my game-6 buddies watched the game back home in my bar. The entire place went nuts all night because we were on TV every time there was a scrum or replay near the net. And of course we were right there when he scored the winner in OT.

My brother still can't get over the fact that I called "on the glass" the night before, and Brunette scored the biggest goal in Wild history (so far) right in front of me.

Nothing like NHL playoff hockey! Go Blackhawks!

FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 12:16:34 PM »

good story

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 12:47:06 PM »

good story

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I left out another part. We were in an establishment prepping for the game and one of the guy's (that tagged along) cell phone rang. It was his girlfriend wondering where he was. He said he decided to go to the Wild game. She said "so you'll be home in a few hours..." He replied "Uh, the game's in Denver."

Go Blackhawks!
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 02:13:14 PM »

They'd be even more shocked if they actually MADE the playoffs!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :oops:

Next year. ;D

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 02:34:09 PM »

NO highjack worries!  I have a feeling this one will go for a while, or at least for a day or so before it wears out?  Did I hear a San Jose fan say they would rather play the Blackhawks versus a rested Red Wings team?  The Wings would be rested til the end of the 1st period and then they would be old and tired again. Ha!  Besides, we finished (Hawks) the sweep, we didn't let the team back in to tie it up!  Why would San Jose want to face the Blackhawks again?  Personally, I hope so because i will be in San Jose on 5/8!!!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 07:10:08 PM »

What a great night for sport's in Chicago.. Bulls@7p.m. and Blackhawks@9p.m. Go Chicago!!!!!!!! :orange: :mango: :bananarock: :apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :2vrolijk_21:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 07:21:44 PM »

already gettin ugly in Montreal
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 11:34:06 PM »

I had killer seats for free 5 off the glass for game 7 in San Jose, I guess I need to make other plans for that night, not that I'm complaining!! I am just hoping that we can make it past round 2 for once! Go Sharks :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Apehanger

• Beer, It's whats for dinner...

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 02:48:25 AM »

Well, I wish I would have found this post before the game was over. I have been a huge Canucks fan for years and have been really pissed about how the last three games have went, Chicago is good but if Crawford ain't standing on his head they ain't winning, it was all the Canucks could do tonight to beat them, Crawford isn't a miracle worker but he damn near won the series for them, thank god they are done with it...
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.