Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Updates from Rev Perf EMS users?  (Read 9748 times)

Arctic John

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 5

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE 5
Re: Updates from Rev Perf EMS users?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2011, 07:49:31 PM »

I think that's the fellow who had some sort of OTHER tuner on-board also...and Rev Perf couldn't unlock or upload to the ems??  I was watching that also, just for info.  As you guys have seen many, many times...a situation is posted looking for opinions; it gets resolved with the dealer; and we get no follow up information.  I am subscribed to the topic and have heard nothing for a couple of weeks.

I have the Rev Perf on my 2010 CVO Ultra and enjoy the improvement in all areas.  Of course, I started with a plain-jane EMS and no upgrades done; went to Rev Perf with just pipes and a NO-Cat.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »

I think that's the fellow who had some sort of OTHER tuner on-board also...and Rev Perf couldn't unlock or upload to the ems??  I was watching that also, just for info.  As you guys have seen many, many times...a situation is posted looking for opinions; it gets resolved with the dealer; and we get no follow up information.  I am subscribed to the topic and have heard nothing for a couple of weeks.

I have the Rev Perf on my 2010 CVO Ultra and enjoy the improvement in all areas.  Of course, I started with a plain-jane EMS and no upgrades done; went to Rev Perf with just pipes and a NO-Cat.
This is the info I was looking for.  Late model CVO with basic performance upgrades and the EMS.  If you have the rear ETMS enabled have you had it shut down the rear cylinder since the EMS?  I realized even in CA you have not got to the real hot riding weather yet.
Any immediate noticeable differences?  Such as throttle response, any pinging/detonation, or anything else that may have jumped out at you?

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 PM »

I have it on my '04.  I recently rebuilt the engine down from a 124 to a 117.  I am still breaking it in but the RevPerf EMS is doing its job flawlessly...

I'm curious why you downsized? It's just unusual is all. 99% of riders doing engine mods are for more HP & TQ.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2011, 10:15:28 AM »

I'm curious why you downsized? It's just unusual is all. 99% of riders doing engine mods are for more HP & TQ.

Couldn't keep head gaskets in tact with the 4 1/4 bore.  Just not enough meat to keep them sealed.  Dropped to a 4 1/8 bore.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2011, 10:28:06 AM »

Couldn't keep head gaskets in tact with the 4 1/4 bore.  Just not enough meat to keep them sealed.  Dropped to a 4 1/8 bore.

What was your compression with the 4.25" bore?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:30:29 AM by petewerner »
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »

Corrected was 9.7
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Arctic John

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 5

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2011, 02:44:28 PM »

@ guppytrash

Haven't had the rear cylinder shut down...yet...its only gotten up to about 80 out here.  I am taking a 5-600 mile quick trip this week and am anxious to see mileage and such.  When I first installed and started, I did have a rough running engine that cleared up quickly.  The seat of the pants feel is good power throughout the entire running area. 

I am not a super aggressive throttle guy, but it sure makes it fun to have the bike pull REAL strong from the low 2000's all the way to redline!!  Its just something you have to try after the new toys are installed.....

I thought the stock performance was good, and I believe this is MUCh better.  From a stop, no stutter; while cruising and want to increase...plenty of torque.  Ii actually think the bike is completed with these simple additions.

I put in the 1.75" cores from Fullsac, the Jackpot 2-1-2 and the Rev Performance EMS....that's all...and it's plenty. I am now the guinea pig for the long term with no additional mods and will keep you guys informed.

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 11:09:25 AM »

Ok now I get it!
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

gabbyduffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 02:20:37 AM »

On another forum(don't know if I can name forums,so I won't)there's a thread with someone having a problem with an 2010 ecm(with a built engine)& it's been indicated that RevPerf have said they're still working on 2010 ecm's.
By the way my only reason for contributing to this thread is i'm almost ready to buy the EMS,after months of dithering between all the popular tuners,& the thread i'm referring to is the only comment i've seen about a potential problem,but my bikes an 07' so I think i'm clear.
Graham. :)
You are refering to my bike. It turnes out that my 02 bungs were too long and the 02 sensers could not get a good reading of the exhaust gases. It had nothing to do with the precision EMC at all. As soon as Brian Nallin the owner found out I was having problems he overnighted my headers (free of charge) to his shop and is installing new 02 bungs free of charge also. He told me I will have my headers back in 3 days. He said he will do whatever it takes to get my bike running rite if that means he has to fly his tech to Cleveland to do it. Revolution Performance is a class act operation. I will be a life long customer because I know if I ever have any problems this company will make it rite.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 08:44:47 PM »

You are refering to my bike. It turnes out that my 02 bungs were too long and the 02 sensers could not get a good reading of the exhaust gases. It had nothing to do with the precision EMC at all. As soon as Brian Nallin the owner found out I was having problems he overnighted my headers (free of charge) to his shop and is installing new 02 bungs free of charge also. He told me I will have my headers back in 3 days. He said he will do whatever it takes to get my bike running rite if that means he has to fly his tech to Cleveland to do it. Revolution Performance is a class act operation. I will be a life long customer because I know if I ever have any problems this company will make it rite.

That is the straw that breaks the camels back.

It will be Rev Perfmomance for me  :2vrolijk_21:

Arctic John

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 5

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2011, 11:33:34 AM »

Took a 550 mile ride in the past couple of days riding 2-up the entire time.  This Rev Perf is great !! 
Had good power at all speeds, mileage averaged just shourt of 40 mpg and it never stumbled.  I am very, very happy with the EMS.  And I am still impressed with the new HD Frame and driveability; had to pass a semi going up a hill, by the time I looked down at the speedo I was just over 90 mph !!!  But the bike was solid and tight.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.