Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to flash one's highlight  (Read 849 times)

Romanstar

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible FLSTSE
How to flash one's highlight
« on: April 29, 2011, 06:42:30 AM »

Hi there, in Europe and much more in Italy, riders use to flash highlight to advice who is in front of them of some danger or just to say hello.
All the European (and Japanese) bikes have that feature, generally it is a simple button on the left switch housing which shorts the circuit of high bean switch inside of the housing, it means that when you push that button both the high and low beam are switched on until you’ll release it.
Pressing and releasing fast that button the headlight flashes.
In Italy there is a not written code among drivers and riders on the road, two long lamps means “pay attention I’m coming”, two short lamps means just “ciao - hello”, a long series of lamps means “you have a problem” on your car/bike.
I rode only Harley Davidson since a long time and I was and still I am a little bit frustrated that I cannot flash my high beam, I know it’s a stupid thing and usually I forget it but always when Moto Guzzi or Ducati riders say hello from the opposite side of  the road with a couple of lamps and I cannot answer I’m getting frustrate again.
In Italy we have an expression to indicate that feeling, its translation sounds something like: “it’s like to have a monkey on your shoulder!” 
So, does anybody know if there is a solution to kill that monkey, is there an accessory or a modification that I could apply without to change the look of my bike adding extra ugly button?
Thank you in advance for any contribution.

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.