Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where to install LED light controller box on Softail Convertible?  (Read 1076 times)

Proud50

I ordered the Florida Joe LED 196 light kit that changes color.  I realized there is no room below the seat to install the LED controller box.  I wanted to hear what others have done.  I have the V&H 2 to 1 with EFI controller under the seat so it's getting pretty busy under there.  There is a gap between the black plastic rear tire guard and engine that seems the likely spot.  Am also wanting feedback on how hard it is to get wires fed under the gas tank.  I haven't loosened the gas tank yet so any tips would be appreciated. 

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Where to install LED light controller box on Softail Convertible?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »

Hi, I'm also interested in LED lights and was wondering how you got on? Where and what did you install?
Cliff

Proud50

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 09:10:27 PM »

There isn't enough room under the seat so I am making a custom cover on the exhaust side to hide the LED box.  I'll take pictures when it's done.   I'm cutting and shaping sheet metal and will have it chromed.

Trent

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 09:10:13 AM »

I have over 600 LED's on my 2010 FLSTSE. If you are careful... the controller will fit under the seat. I was worried because I added the LED front and rear turn signals from Kuryakyn and I was able to get the load equalizer under the seat as well.  :orange: Just be careful not to pinch the wiring.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:12:13 AM by Trent »

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.