Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fullsac Stage 2 Kit  (Read 5388 times)

..Hawk

• Full CVO Member
Fullsac Stage 2 Kit
« on: May 08, 2011, 10:26:11 PM »

Looks like I got a buyer for my 2009 CVO Road Glide.  Have my eye on a Rio Red 2011.  I've used the Fullsac Stage 1 stuff and really like it.

The question is,  has anyone installed the cams along with the Stage 1 kit?  If so what numbers are you getting?

Feel free to include your favorite exhaust/tuner mods for your CVO Road Glide.

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
Re: Fullsac Stage 2 Kit
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:14:26 PM »

Looks like I got a buyer for my 2009 CVO Road Glide.  Have my eye on a Rio Red 2011.  I've used the Fullsac Stage 1 stuff and really like it.

The question is,  has anyone installed the cams along with the Stage 1 kit?  If so what numbers are you getting?

Feel free to include your favorite exhaust/tuner mods for your CVO Road Glide.

I have the Stage II on mine Hawk... 2.25 Cores, Andrews 54 Cams, etc. 103HP and 113T on Steve's Dyno. Love it.

..Hawk

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »

Thanks Cap,  without the cams the best I did was, 89 Max Power and 105 Max Torque.

I think the 2.25 baffles are the largest and loudest, is that correct?

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 11:19:35 AM »

Thanks Cap,  without the cams the best I did was, 89 Max Power and 105 Max Torque.

I think the 2.25 baffles are the largest and loudest, is that correct?

You are correct...  Steve was actually able to get just a wee bit more HP with the 2" cores but for me, the sound of the 2.25 cores won me over. Not so much louder just a deeper throtier tone that I really like. Mellow at cruising speeds and can really growl when you're on the throttle.

Chuck

Lonerider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 11:04:45 AM »

Any more info or experience with Fullsac Stage I or STAGE II kits?  I have an '11 RGCVO and I am looking for cooler engine temps, better sound, improved performance - all advertised w/ Stage I from Fullsac.  Any other alternatives members have tried?
What do you gain w/ the Stage II over Stage I?  How is the install?  I am not a do it yourselfer mechanic but have friends with tools, equipment and experience that would help.
What's involve w/ removing Cat Conv?  Does this help appreciably with temp?
I know these are some basic questions but appreciate your patience, help and/or experience in helping me to understand options.
2011 SERGU
Fullsac X Pipe
V&H Monster Ovals
Andrews 54 Cams
.030 head gasket
TTS Master Tune & dyno tuned
Cee Bailey 14" Super Step Contour Windshield

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 01:20:06 PM »

I've got the 2" fullsac baffles, 48-state 09 catless header from a 96" Street glide, HD heavy breather, Scream'n Eagle Compensator and just had the bike re-dyno'd with a near linear 13 AFR...

...it pulled 95 hp and 112 tq with the tq above 100 from 2400 thru 48 rpm...where I live most of the time. 

The temps here in GA have been in the 90s of late and even in traffic, the oil temp hasn't gotten above 138 degrees.   I'm also not running lowers and I'm taking off the deflector dish from between the forks to let more air flow across the top of the engine today.   

Lonerider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »

I've got the 2" fullsac baffles, 48-state 09 catless header from a 96" Street glide, HD heavy breather, Scream'n Eagle Compensator and just had the bike re-dyno'd with a near linear 13 AFR...

...it pulled 95 hp and 112 tq with the tq above 100 from 2400 thru 48 rpm...where I live most of the time. 

The temps here in GA have been in the 90s of late and even in traffic, the oil temp hasn't gotten above 138 degrees.   I'm also not running lowers and I'm taking off the deflector dish from between the forks to let more air flow across the top of the engine today.   

Thanks Beemer.  I am in the Atlanta area and most of my riding is in SE.  Sounds like you are pleased with the fullsac baffles and catless header is the way to go.  Hadn't thought about removing the air deflector in summer. 
2011 SERGU
Fullsac X Pipe
V&H Monster Ovals
Andrews 54 Cams
.030 head gasket
TTS Master Tune & dyno tuned
Cee Bailey 14" Super Step Contour Windshield

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 06:47:05 AM »

Thanks Beemer.  I am in the Atlanta area and most of my riding is in SE.  Sounds like you are pleased with the fullsac baffles and catless header is the way to go.  Hadn't thought about removing the air deflector in summer.  

The service manual recommends removing the dish to promote airflow over the heads.  After I removed the dish, I installed those snap-on air deverters in front of the tank to see if the added air without the dish would increase the flow of air going up in front of the tank to help push/equalize the air behind the windshield...it did.  That helps remove the burbble coming off the top of the windshield and smacking you in the top of your helmet.  Only thing is, those deflectors use the extra air from removing the dish thus robbing the cooling air the manual speaks of.

The test ride yesterday was done in near 100 degree temps and the bike's oil was at 248 degrees when we returned home.  I did this with my BSR on-board and at a leasurely pace.  NOTE:  Removing the dish and using the deflectors virtually eliminated the air blast coming up from both sides of the tank!  I'll try another run without the plastic deflectors and see what that does sometime this week.    
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:45:27 PM by Beemer »

dwille1498

• IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • CVO3: TBD
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 12:54:34 PM »

I put on Fullsac's stage II with the Woods 555 cam, and 2 1/4" baffles. I used Steve's supplied Map and no dyno, however, bike sounds frickin awesome, runs like a top, pulls like an 18 wheeler, and flies like a Piper. Dyno...I don"t need no stinkin' Dyno!!!

walstibsf

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2013 FLSTFB
    • CVO3: 2016 MOTO GUZZI
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 10:09:42 AM »

Dewille:  nearly like a METRO-DUTY-AC?  :  the fuel mileage of a Geo Metro, payload capacity of a Ford super duty, and the ride of a Cadallac.... :2vrolijk_21:
W  A  L  S  T  I  B  S  F..................................

what a long strange trip its been..........SO FAR

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 10:55:25 AM »

Dwille,

That is the exact setup I am leaning towards. I already have the 2.25 baffles, TTS, x-pipe, and Steve's tune, just need to add the cam's and re tune. Ever consider taking your bike and having it run on a dyno? Usually you can get this done for $35-50 for just a run, no mods. Very curious how his plug an play system would dyno.

Did you do the work yourself? What about checking crank runout? I am thinking seriously about doing the labor myself, never have done cam's, but there is a first time for everybody.

FAST

Mogulbumm

• Tiger Blood and Adonis DNA

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 01:41:34 AM »

My kit came in yesterday. Andrews 54 cams but went with the 1.75 baffles per Steve's recommendation on my preferences. This thread is getting me psyched to get them on!  Going in Monday.
2011 FLTRUSE CVO Rio Red
Fullsac Stage 1 and 2 on Order

dwille1498

• IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • CVO3: TBD
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 12:15:52 PM »

Fast,

Myself and a buddy did the exhaust, dealer did the cams. My personal belief on dyno numbers...1 machine, 3 techs, 3 numbers, we throw 2 away and brag about the best one!! Maybe one day if I have nothing to do, I might, but I always have something to do.

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 12:37:25 PM »

LOL, but it is always nice to have that one to brag about... To be honest I am more curious how good of a tune it is from bike to bike. Would be curious to see a dyno run including AFR to see if there are any dips or abnormalities.

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.