Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: to what extent do u go when u clean your bike ?  (Read 22521 times)

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 1990 Heritage Softail
    • CVO3: 2005 Saxon Sceptre
to what extent do u go when u clean your bike ?
« on: May 12, 2011, 09:32:53 PM »

im wondering to what extent do people go to when the do a complete detail, i remove bags, seat, side panels, floor boards, passender pegs, my wife says im crazy , how many other crazy people do that ? by the way it takes me about 3 hrs to wash, wax and polish everything and i do mean everything

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Re: to what extent do u go when u clean your bike ?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 09:41:31 PM »

Once a year I do a 'major'... bags off, etc. The rest of the time; a good soaking spray with a 20% solution  of Simple Green, a pressure wash with a POS pressure washer,  a brushing of the wheels, and a blow dry with the leaf blower....20-25 mins.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:17:45 PM by dayne66 »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:10:28 PM »

im wondering to what extent do people go to when the do a complete detail, i remove bags, seat, side panels, floor boards, passender pegs, my wife says im crazy , how many other crazy people do that ? by the way it takes me about 3 hrs to wash, wax and polish everything and i do mean everything

I would agree with your wife as soon as you took floor boards and pegs off.

If you go that far why stop.... take foot brake and shifter levers off also air cleaner, horn, lowers  and gas tank

LOL
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 10:12:28 PM »

I would agree with your wife as soon as you took floor boards and pegs off.

If you go that far why stop.... take foot brake and shifter levers off also air cleaner, horn, lowers  and gas tank

LOL

X2

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 04:51:02 AM »

Wow....hey, serious question...have you taken the spotlights apart to clean the inside of the glass lens?  I've thought of doing that.
T

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 12:13:10 AM »

done that twice...

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »

done that twice...

They have some pretty good drugs for OCD now...I'd say you have a full blown case when it comes to the bike.  :huepfenlol2:  Taking the floorboards/passenger pegs off might be considered a little extreme, but whatever blows your skirt up... ;)

On a more serious note, I have been known to take the seat off, and the side panels to just wipe the dust out of them...too many electrical things in there to directly spray with water, IMO.  I'm pretty anal about my bike...if I'm giving it a real wash job, I always take the bags off and put them on my stand...that only takes about 5 extra minutes.  I hit the wheels with a spray on wheel cleaner, rinse and call that good on the wheels.  I do hand wash the rest of the bike, then blow it dry with an Air Shammy (used to use a Cycledryer until it took a crap on me), and use a microfiber to get the water spots that the dryer didn't get in time.  Takes me about 45 minutes, give or take, and that includes getting it out, putting it on the J&S jack, bags off.  Once a year, I'll do a real detail, which includes polishing everything on the bike with Glare products.  I also do that on new bikes...just did the new SERGU two days ago...took me 5 hours.  But now it's good to go for the whole riding season as far as polishing, and once you do the Glare right, it just needs a touch up once a year.  I can't stand the bike to be dirty for long though, even on trips I've been known to give it some kind of wash job after riding through rain and getting things really funky.  I just hit the high points though...stuff you can see.

Between serious washes, I get bugs off with a waterless cleaner, or Windex Wipes WITHOUT amonia.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 11:56:05 PM »

I thought I was bad...but I never have taken my peg's or floorboards off for cleaning.  Seat, side covers, bags...guilty.
I do use whole lot of detailer though, Meguiars or Mothers.

I have lived on both coasts and am now back to farmland USA and holly crap, the bugs!!
Pretty much a ritual at the end of every ride to soak some towels and leave on the bug covered parts for an hour or more.  Then they clean off real easy.
Last step is some detailer.   I hit the wheels when they need it with water and S100.

As far as wax/polish... I like the harley glaze polish.

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 09:36:10 PM »

I'm riding 500+ miles to Ribfest on Thursday. More than likely in the rain. I detailed my bike today, including wax on the the rims.  It didn't need it and more than likely I'll pull out in the rain.  Don't fully understand it, but had to do it.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 09:55:38 PM »

I'm riding 500+ miles to Ribfest on Thursday. More than likely in the rain. I detailed my bike today, including wax on the the rims.  It didn't need it and more than likely I'll pull out in the rain.  Don't fully understand it, but had to do it.
Laughed out loud when I read this.  I feel your pain, it is a disease and I have it too.  Wish there was a cure.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 09:59:21 PM »

"but had to do it"

Bob

Don't try to understand it.
Just enjoy it.
Once your back home, you will look back and think about what a great time you had.
That in itself is justification.
Ride safe Bob, see you there!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

southtxcruiser

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 12:26:56 PM »

the bike will probably get detailed again when he gets back from ribfest.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »

I pretty much do it the same way every time.....remove the bags, seat and GPS.  HD Sunwash (I get very generous with it) and lots of water, rinsing each section of the bike as I go.  Dry it with the Air Force blow dryer and about quarterly a good polishing.

Usually about three hours per bike.....but I always have to do two at a time.....mine and hers. :(
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 12:24:19 PM »

I remove bags, seat and side covers. I wet wash then blow dry with my backpack blower. All this is done on my bike jack. I use chrome wheel cleaner on the wheels and use a microfiber mitt to wash the rest. When dry I Glare everything that's chrome and paint with surgical gloves on so I get no fingerprints anywhere. I also carry a mini California Duster to swipe of dust while on the road. It takes me 3 to 4 hours a clip.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 12:46:36 PM »

I think your wife is being nice!  Dood, thats nuts, it's just gonna get dirty again?  Chit, that much effort would have me think twice about riding it and getting it dirty......new tag name  "Felix"
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »

There's a lot of people with a lot of time on their hands on this site.  I wish I had more time to just ride the damn bike!
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 04:02:41 PM »

It's therapeutic.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 04:08:01 PM »

Turn on hose with turtle wax wash...wipe down with shammy...ride

10 -15 minutes tops to clean, 8-9 hours drive.  Repeat  - riding I find very relaxing and good for the soul, ..Make you OCD cleaners a deal.... I'll ride your bikes, you wash and wax mine.... we are both winners then :D

To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 08:28:32 PM »

I truly enjoy reading these detailing/cleaning threads each time they come around.  Reaffirms that I'm not alone in my obsession to enjoy riding a clean scooter.  And once they're really clean, seems that it's easier to keep 'em that way.  Bugs come off easier and problems seem to be spotted earlier while touching all the various parts of the scooter while washing/drying/polishing/etc.  I do remember that the choppers were a lot easier to clean than these dressers tho....just less of 'em, I guess.  And I have white walls on Ole Granny.  Needs constant attention 'cause nothing is worse than dirty Gangsta's.  :-[  har.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »

After hunting season and Christmas, I put the bike in my cave and tear it apart. Fairing off, headlights out, windshield off, then I put it on the lift and start washing and cleaning. Dry and put 5 coats of Glasse paint sealer on it.Then 3 coats of carnuba wax. Also any more bling I've gotten. Takes a good 2 months, but it helps treat "cabin fever".
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 04:09:43 PM »

YOU GUYS ARE NUTS???  I do a good cleaning with wash & Glare products once a year.  Normally just after hunting season because I need something to do before shed hunting.  Through the year I take the saddle bags off to wash and touch up with Glare products.  Normally takes 25-30 mins.  I've never taken the seat & side covers off because of the electronics.  Do you really spray water in those area's????
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

kerb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 11:49:47 PM »

My other bikes were lucky to get a wash once a year, and I didn't think twice about riding in just about any kind of weather (except ice).
In fact, my bikes were my main mode of transportation for a good year and a half.

Since buying the CVO I find myself worrying about keeping the bike clean, not wanting to ride in the rain, and other stuff like that.
It's just fundamentally wrong, what the heck has happened to me?  I have a microfiber cloth and some detailing spray in the bags right now.  It just ain't natural.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 07:09:16 AM »

My other bikes were lucky to get a wash once a year, and I didn't think twice about riding in just about any kind of weather (except ice).
In fact, my bikes were my main mode of transportation for a good year and a half.

Since buying the CVO I find myself worrying about keeping the bike clean, not wanting to ride in the rain, and other stuff like that.
It's just fundamentally wrong, what the heck has happened to me?  I have a microfiber cloth and some detailing spray in the bags right now.  It just ain't natural.

Might not be natural, but it happens to the best of us.  All part of it.  :beerchug: :2thumbsup: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 07:34:19 AM »

Take it to the carwash and hose her down.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2011, 11:17:35 AM »

I carry a mini California duster in my bag.

kerb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 12:25:38 PM »

This thing?  ;D

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011, 03:23:06 PM »

I had one of those...loved it.  Wore it out and now can't find the damn things anywhere...

TTS Mastertune

hogasm

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 01:36:07 PM »

I had one of those...loved it.  Wore it out and now can't find the damn things anywhere...

The duster or the Blonde :nixweiss:

SEDEUCE069

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE 100th
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »

I use tooth brush with cleaner/polish  for wheels, brake rotor; where it doesn't contact brake pads, each fin on the jugs, the underneath heck everything on the bike gets that treatment!! it only happens once and a while tho like every month or so not counting the almost weekly quick washes, and the the spotty job the shop does for the prepaid maintenance IF THEY DECIDE TO SEND ALL THE PARTS BACK WITH IT!!   ugh should of just bought all the tools and manuals!!! :soapbox: O and for me there is no "OFF SEASON" Just off days for the bike and well mentally for me i guess :-\
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:01:18 AM by SEDEUCE069 »

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2011, 11:48:55 AM »

The duster or the Blonde :nixweiss:

Hard to find either one...

TTS Mastertune

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 10:25:15 PM »

Wash bike at least once a week, Put bike on lift & take seat, bags, side covers off. Cover radio, breather, fuse area, battery-computer and GPS mount with Press & Seal. Wash EVERYTHING else with Mothers Car Wash Soap & Water. Use large dog bone shapped sponge for inside of fenders, Eagle One A-Z on brake rotors/calipers/wheels & tires with soft scrub brush. Blow off excess water with Black Max dryer and then finish dry everthing with Micro Fiber drying towels.
Once a month go over the complete bike with Porter-Cable 7424 using 5" and 3" yellow or red foam pads with Mothers Machine Wax 2.
Try to keep bike show clean all the time, have kept all my cars/trucks/boats/trailers/bikes the same since I was 15. Bikes takes less time than boats, but still about 2 hours a week. To me it is worth it, to others probably not. I see folks talk about spraying off, blowing dry and I cringe, just the way I am. Ride about 7500 miles a year, not as much as some, but more than others.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 10:32:12 PM »

Wash bike at least once a week, Put bike on lift & take seat, bags, side covers off. Cover radio, breather, fuse area, battery-computer and GPS mount with Press & Seal. Wash EVERYTHING else with Mothers Car Wash Soap & Water. Use large dog bone shapped sponge for inside of fenders, Eagle One A-Z on brake rotors/calipers/wheels & tires with soft scrub brush. Blow off excess water with Black Max dryer and then finish dry everthing with Micro Fiber drying towels.
Once a month go over the complete bike with Porter-Cable 7424 using 5" and 3" yellow or red foam pads with Mothers Machine Wax 2.
Try to keep bike show clean all the time, have kept all my cars/trucks/boats/trailers/bikes the same since I was 15. Bikes takes less time than boats, but still about 2 hours a week. To me it is worth it, to others probably not. I see folks talk about spraying off, blowing dry and I cringe, just the way I am. Ride about 7500 miles a year, not as much as some, but more than others.
Bet people are standing in line for your trade-ins.  har.  spyder

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »

What do you guys clean shoe scuff of your pipes with... daughters runners left a little melt on my pipes and I want to get them clean again
To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2011, 09:09:55 PM »

SOS pad.

Really.

kerb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 12:39:53 AM »

What do you guys clean shoe scuff of your pipes with... daughters runners left a little melt on my pipes and I want to get them clean again

Get 'em hot and try oven cleaner

ALRG8TOR

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE granite denim & electric blue fade
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 07:43:12 AM »

Clean bikes are faster, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Glad to hear that I'm pretty much in the middle of the obsessive compulsive cleaning group on the site. I agree that cleaning your bike is great therapy, I also agree that the riding is more important and only devote about an hour to each clean 2x per month with some detailing for bugs in between - wash 2x, rinse frequently, shammy, then polish with an occasional use of compressed air to help speed the process. Infrequent use of the mini California duster but usually wash when it gets to that point.

The pics on this site show a lot of care in maintaining awesome looks, always glad to see the pic posts.

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2011, 08:17:35 AM »

well i am blown away, the one that got me the most was  5 coats of paint sealant and 3 coats of wax....... are you bored ????
i love my bikes and keep them clean, i use maguires gold class wash or harley wash or really whatever is in my workshop, soap it up wash it with a lambswool mit and rinse off, always take the bags off, dry with a chamois, half hour  and done, polish occasionally on a nice day if i am home listening to the footy... AFL for you non aussies, light up a stogie , have a beer , and strange polishing usually takes the entire game..... maybe i am just too slow ??

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 12:31:44 AM »

Get 'em hot and try oven cleaner

Sorry I'm late to the discussion...

A couple of well seasoned biker types told me once that they always make sure that they have at least one nickle in their pocket for cleaning off stuff burned onto the chrome pipes...  Using only as much pressure as needed to scrape the charred remains of a sneaker or boot heal burned onto the chrome... something to do with the chemical makeup of the nickle that is not hard enough to actually scratch the chrome.  I had to do this several times on my DWG and and not once did it leave behind any evidence that I just rubbed metal on metal.  Worked great, hot or cold.
"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 07:55:32 AM »

Sorry I'm late to the discussion...

A couple of well seasoned biker types told me once that they always make sure that they have at least one nickle in their pocket for cleaning off stuff burned onto the chrome pipes...  Using only as much pressure as needed to scrape the charred remains of a sneaker or boot heal burned onto the chrome... something to do with the chemical makeup of the nickle that is not hard enough to actually scratch the chrome.  I had to do this several times on my DWG and and not once did it leave behind any evidence that I just rubbed metal on metal.  Worked great, hot or cold.
If only nickles were 'nickle'.  Metals of similar make-up tho, as nickle is a layer used in the chroming process.  Triple-plated....awwwwww.  :D spyder

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 09:06:08 AM »

There's a lot of people with a lot of time on their hands on this site.  I wish I had more time to just ride the damn bike!

X2 :nixweiss:

lammgrel

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »

I like it, good tips!! 

Depending on what my goal is I have spent days detailing any one of my bikes...polishing rims, detail washing undercarriage, chrome polishing, 3 component hand rubbed paint polish[cleaner, glaze, protectant] (I never use machines).... 

but usually I make sure to just keep them clean, hand wash, rinse and dry.
Legend Air Suspension, Jackpot Exhaust, Fullsack 2.25" Cores, K&N High Flow Air Filter
SE Race Tuner, Windsplitter Windshield

mark

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2011, 10:42:26 AM »

I take off bags and seat.  Put bike on jack.  Use separate water/soap for wheels and tires.  Standard wash and dry takes 3 hrs.  Use cycle dryer to help with the dry down.  Bike sits in A/C and heated garage under dust cover.  Complete detailing: wash/dry, polish chrome, do the wheels, polish paint and wax....about 8-10 hrs.

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2011, 03:58:33 PM »

Summer is rainy season in SW FLA.  If you are going to keep the bike clean you are going to leave it home.  I don't stress over it much in the summer as I ride to work almost every day and have a good chance of getting caught in the rain coming home (I won't leave the house in the rain if I don't have to)  Come late Oct. it gets a very, very good going over all the way down to laying on the garage floor with brushes to remove anything I can see.  Paint does get several coats o wax throughout the year,  love bugs are hell on paint.  I love having a clean bike.  Used to I would not ride mine if it was dirty, but if you ride everyday you have to have a little leeway for environmental conditions.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2011, 04:31:22 PM »

Summer is rainy season in SW FLA.  If you are going to keep the bike clean you are going to leave it home.  I don't stress over it much in the summer as I ride to work almost every day and have a good chance of getting caught in the rain coming home (I won't leave the house in the rain if I don't have to)  Come late Oct. it gets a very, very good going over all the way down to laying on the garage floor with brushes to remove anything I can see.  Paint does get several coats o wax throughout the year,  love bugs are hell on paint.  I love having a clean bike.  Used to I would not ride mine if it was dirty, but if you ride everyday you have to have a little leeway for environmental conditions.
Sounds as if you've got your obsession pretty much under control.  :2vrolijk_21:  Hell, ain't it?  :devil: har.  spyder

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2011, 05:12:06 PM »

I don't get that crazy with my dad's bike and neither does he.  Basic wash just to clean off road grime, tar, and bugs.  I use brake cleaner on the undercarriage when it gets really caked because that's how we used roll at the H-D shop.  I'm thinking I need to try the Glare products everyone's raving about on here.  I'll have to track some of that down.  Otherwise it just Wizards Mist and Shine and done...but then again, I don't ride it in the rain.

ScreaminEagleRoadGlide

• Vendor
  • 2009 CVO Road Glide (FLTRSE3)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2011 Tri Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 5.7
    • Hawg Wash Motorcycle Detailing
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 11:06:32 PM »

I am in the business of bike detailing. I always remove all detachable parts and accessories (saddlebags, side panels, seat, windshield, etc) I do not remove the floor boards and pegs.

I put the bike on a lift, give it a thorough wash and degrease, blow dry, then wax, polish, shine everything top to bottom. The entire process takes a solid 4-5 hours, some bikes longer.

I keep my own bikes looking as though they never get ridden. Immaculate!
Hawg Wash Motorcycle Detailing
954-540-9874
www.hawgwashdetailing.com
South Florida's finest motorcycle detailing service!
We come to you 7 days a week in Miami-Dade, Broward & Palm Beach

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »

Bet people are standing in line for your trade-ins.  har.  spyder

My routine isn't exactly like yours but close.  I have always taken pride in what I own.  I guess I can be called OCD but I could think of worse things to be called.  I find it very therapeutic and I get a great sense of pride when complemented on how beautiful my bike looks. To each his own i guess.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

2014 CVO Limited

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2012, 10:03:07 PM »

My routine isn't exactly like yours but close.  I have always taken pride in what I own.  I guess I can be called OCD but I could think of worse things to be called.  I find it very therapeutic and I get a great sense of pride when complemented on how beautiful my bike looks. To each his own i guess.

Sorry misfire.  Wrong post

2014 CVO Limited

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2012, 10:04:32 PM »

2014 CVO Limited

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2012, 07:08:39 AM »

I'm probably OCD; all my vehicles are pretty clean.  I enjoy an evening in the shed with the radio, a beer and a cigar, just to unwind. But I usually don't clean on the weekends; can't cut into the riding time. I don't mind getting the bike dirty, and don't believe in 100% show-quality, but frequent upkeep goes a long way.

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2012, 01:27:47 PM »

The washing has gotten more difficult as the water restrictions increased last year to a present stage 3 in our town.  Water the lawn twice a month, hand watering and watering of the foundation allowed, and NO vehicle washing!!!

I don't wash my bike often unless I ride in the rain, and get all the road junk everywhere on it.  Once it is nice and clean, I cover it in my garage to keep the dust from settling on it when I am not riding.  If I am cruising around town, I will carry the cover with me and toss it over the bike, especially in summer - keeps the dust off and the seat from heating up too much.  On a road trip, I will only clean the windshield and remove large bug splatter.  That is time to ride, not be cleaning.

When washing, I will remove the bags, but leave the side covers on to keep water out from where it should'nt get into.  I will remove the seat, and backrest (when attached) last so I can use leather cleaner to both clean and protect those investments.  I then can dirt off of the frame too.  This is my first bike with side covers, but I could only realistically see myself taking those off after a rain ride.

In order to get around the water restrictions, I have gotten creative with my hand watering, so I can wash my bike.  I pull my bike up on the grass, put down a kick stand puck.  Fill a bucket with water and use a soaked washing mit with my cleaner liberally applied.  I set in on the paint to moisten before moving it around.  I do a section at a time, so I can rinse with another non-soapy mitt to rinse the soap off.  Once I have it completley washed, I will use a battery powered leaf blower to blow off the large pools of water, then take a shammy to her in order to remove every last drop of water with no spotting.  I hate water spots!  I will only wax 1-2 times a year - and I use another wet based product for this.

Every month in the warm weather, one of the dealerships will have a few bikini girls hand washing bikes - a good alternative when I don't feel like messing with it.  I still find myself doing a better job of drying the bike afterwards, but it is a nice alternative.

The bike definately get's way more attention than my car.  I have to take that to a car wash right now - the code enforcers cruise the neighborhoods on the weekends looking for water violators.  (not a cheap ticket)
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »

IMHO you all work to hard. I ride my bike to the same car wash which does my vehicles. They take the bags off and hand wash it including under the frame and motor,  dry it off, clean the wheels, polish all of the chrome and clay bar all of the tins before applying  2 coats of wax. Then the put it all back together. It takes them about 2 hours and they give me a chair and a soda so I can watch the entire process form the comfort of the covered detail area.  They charge me $45.00 for the entire process.   

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »

IMHO you all work to hard. I ride my bike to the same car wash which does my vehicles. They take the bags off and hand wash it including under the frame and motor,  dry it off, clean the wheels, polish all of the chrome and clay bar all of the tins before applying  2 coats of wax. Then the put it all back together. It takes them about 2 hours and they give me a chair and a soda so I can watch the entire process form the comfort of the covered detail area.  They charge me $45.00 for the entire process.   

I hope you leave a hell of a tip.  :coolblue:
Spada84
NoSofa!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2012, 06:27:18 PM »

I have found two great products for a waterless wash (unless the bike is just really filthy): Griot's Spray-On Wash with their green microfiber cloths, and their Speed Shine with their blue cloths.  If you've just got some bugs and normal riding dirt/dust on the bike, it works great.  Actually, it will do it even if really dirty, but then it's easier to just wash it with soap/water.

If they detail your bike like that for $45, I probably wouldn't do it myself either.

TTS Mastertune

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2012, 07:17:34 PM »

Up here were there aren't detail shops on every corner (I used to live in San Diego), a detail job like that would cost at least $90. Count your blessings!

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 03:48:15 PM »

I like my bikes and my car to look nice. The truck on the other hand is left less well cared for.

Very few see my bikes and guess they are three years old with thousands of miles on them and I like it that way. On road trips they get dirty but at home they get at least a detail wipe down after each ride. These things  are works of art for me deserve to be kept clean and shinny. I don't  however remove pegs and floorboards. :huepfenlol2:

mlbraptor

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2012, 09:20:42 PM »

I hand wash my bike after every ride. Dust and bugs are everywhere. I enjoy cleaning it..

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 08:10:46 AM »

I hand wash my bike after every ride. Dust and bugs are everywhere. I enjoy cleaning it..
And a added benefit of the frequent hand wash is you get to closely inspect all of the bike and identify anything that might be a early problem by 'touching' everything.  ;) spyder

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 11:14:42 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: Amen to that!

SE-5

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2012, 06:33:21 PM »

For many years, I kept them clean but didn't go crazy with it.  Woke up one morning and decided it's time to get some OCD going on the CVO( CUSE5, Burnt Amber) . Ordered some Glare products, suppose to arrive today, so I'll start my process later this week if I'm lucky.  Wash, dry, put up on J & S jack, remove seat, bags, side covers and polish everything.  It'll take a few days but I have another bike to ride (10 FXSTC), but turn on some talk radio, a beer, a cigar (gotta step outside for that) and take as much time as I can.  Then start the other bike.  I have a few (too many) vehicles; 04 F-250 Crew, 2000 Navigator, 2 Grand Cherokees. Then my In-Laws Q-45 and Accord to do.  Surely my folks will want their 2 done then too....  gonna be a busy spring.  Retirement, what retirement?  Had my last surgery yesterday following some broken leg issues but this last one was a piece of cake!   

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2012, 07:40:11 AM »

any good bike detalers in scranton pa.

hogasm

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2012, 06:51:47 AM »

Time for  road trip just for a bike wash.......hell I have made road trips for less :huepfenlol2:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2012, 07:39:13 AM »

Time for  road trip just for a bike wash.......hell I have made road trips for less :huepfenlol2:
Damn good point.  :xyxthumbs: Better wait for the rain to stop and then head out.  :vrolijk_1: har.  spyder

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2012, 10:12:16 AM »

I truly enjoy reading these detailing/cleaning threads each time they come around.  Reaffirms that I'm not alone in my obsession to enjoy riding a clean scooter. And once they're really clean, seems that it's easier to keep 'em that way.  Bugs come off easier and problems seem to be spotted earlier while touching all the various parts of the scooter while washing/drying/polishing/etc.  I do remember that the choppers were a lot easier to clean than these dressers tho....just less of 'em, I guess.  And I have white walls on Ole Granny.  Needs constant attention 'cause nothing is worse than dirty Gangsta's.  :-[  har.  :drink: spyder

I know this is an old thread, but I have to agree with Spyder on this one, I don't wash mine very often - it is easier to keep it clean than to get it clean. I love the new denim finish, it has to be one of the easiest to keep clean, glass cleaner on a microfiber, Lucas spray mist for the wheels and other chrome. . . .
JMHO  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:14:24 AM by Willie D »
'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111

SGME9

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2012, 07:27:04 PM »

I OCD when it comes to cleaning my bikes and vehicles. I detail everything. Takes me about 5 hours to do motorcycle.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2012, 10:54:35 PM »

My driveway is about 1/2 mile long and gravel.  It's impossible to keep my bike really clean.  With all of the hot dry conditions this summer the dust on the gravel drive has been terrible.  Earlier this summer, I drove through the yard to get to the highway, but I had to stop.  The cracks in the yard were so big that I was afraid my my front tire would fall in and flip the bike.  The other day I dropped a log chain out of the back of my pickup and it went right down a crack.  I came back a week later and I could still hear it rattle!  LOL

I'm also anal about keeping the bike clean.  I wipe it down and remove bugs daily with a detailed cleaning once a week.  I use a Hotsy power washer for the cleaning and will probably be investing in a leaf blower to speed up the process.  I'm getting tired of the time required to get all of the water spots off.
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2012, 11:04:12 PM »

If you really want to do a complete job cleaning your bike, you have to do it like in the photo.  I do this after every time I get caught in the rain.  No, I'm not serious.  This is a photo of my new bike purchased one month ago and let's just say that it's got some serious problems that I am hoping will be all worked out by next week.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »

If you really want to do a complete job cleaning your bike, you have to do it like in the photo.  I do this after every time I get caught in the rain.  No, I'm not serious.  This is a photo of my new bike purchased one month ago and let's just say that it's got some serious problems that I am hoping will be all worked out by next week.

:o :o  Hope they get things sorted out for you!

TTS Mastertune

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2012, 12:02:10 PM »

I'm thinking that the "serious problems" are that it didn't have enough HP or TQ. 8)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2012, 01:55:06 PM »

I'm thinking that the "serious problems" are that it didn't have enough HP or TQ. 8)

I wish that was the problem.  new engine is on its way.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2012, 02:15:58 PM »

Wow .... Got any more info. than that to share?

:jack:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »

Wow .... Got any more info. than that to share?

:jack:

Only that something was making a really loud noise that certainly wasn't anything normal and I dropped it off.  I haven't talked to the tech yet.  I'm more concerned about when I will get it back and running properly.  If I find out something concrete, I'll pass it on.  I figure it's a mechanical contraption and I just got lucky enough to get one with something out of spec enough to cause a big problem.  They gave me another CVO Ultra to ride until I get mine back, so I'm feeling that the dealer is doing everything they should be doing to keep me happy in a bad situation.  Maybe I'm losing my fight in my old age, but I'm just not as concerned about the problem as the solution.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2012, 08:47:09 PM »

Understand.  Just curious since I have the same bike.  I hope everything gets resolved!

Wanna Ride

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2012, 09:59:56 AM »

I OCD when it comes to cleaning my bikes and vehicles. I detail everything. Takes me about 5 hours to do motorcycle.
Same here. I enjoy my bike, but I certainly dont want brake dust coating the wheels, bugs laying on the fairing, and water spots on all the chrome. I fully realize it's made for riding, and I ride it quite a bit. But there's no reason I can't spend 5 or 6 hours a month preserving it. Trust me, I wish it took less time. But as expensive as it is, I'll maintain it accordingly.

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2012, 08:51:51 PM »

prior to storage time it goes to dealer for detailed  and cover'd up in its own blanky until riding season
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2013, 03:12:44 AM »

Once a month I will take the bags off of the baggers (don't have to do that on the FX) and drink a few Coors Lites while the "Ball & Chain" details the bikes with whatever is available, while I'm Sport Skyping with my girlfriend. :bananarock:

On some road trips, we've had bugs from 20 states.

"I got other fish to fry" :pepper:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:46:21 PM by FlaHeatWave »
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2013, 07:46:35 PM »

Only that something was making a really loud noise that certainly wasn't anything normal and I dropped it off.  I haven't talked to the tech yet.  I'm more concerned about when I will get it back and running properly.  If I find out something concrete, I'll pass it on.  I figure it's a mechanical contraption and I just got lucky enough to get one with something out of spec enough to cause a big problem.  They gave me another CVO Ultra to ride until I get mine back, so I'm feeling that the dealer is doing everything they should be doing to keep me happy in a bad situation.  Maybe I'm losing my fight in my old age, but I'm just not as concerned about the problem as the solution.

Soooo, what exactly was the problem and the solution???  :nixweiss: :bananarock:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2013, 07:51:37 PM »

You know you want a T-Man motor, JR! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2013, 08:25:04 PM »

You know you want a T-Man motor, JR! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

Yes I do... But I don't....  :D ::) :huepfenlol2:

:bananarock:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2013, 08:34:01 PM »

Yes I do... But I don't....  :D ::) :huepfenlol2:

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil...HA!

:D  :D  :D

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2013, 08:45:55 PM »

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil...HA!

:D  :D  :D

Ha! :D Amen to that Jock! :2vrolijk_21:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2013, 09:46:44 PM »

Soooo, what exactly was the problem and the solution???  :nixweiss: :bananarock:

The piston pin and connecting rod opening were not the same size, so the pistons were flopping around quite freely.  How that happened is beyond the scope of what I know.  Solution - new engine.  I've been hesitant to post this, as I don't want to see a stream of people wanting their engines torn apart and replaced, thinking that they have this problem.  The sound that I was hearing when I took the bike in was not the noise that most people are hearing.  My new engine makes the irritating normal 110 noises.  This was different.  It sounded more like a diesel engine.  Others riding with me could hear it at 60 and 70 mph over all of our pipes and stereos blasting.  It was an embarassment to ride with that noise overshadowing everything else.  It sounded like someone was taking a hammer to the inside of my engine and just beating the hell out of it. As I said, I don't think this is what others have been hearing.  This is my second CVO with a 110 engine, and I've been around a lot of others, and I never heard one like this ever before.

KID ROCK

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2009 orange crush
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2013, 11:53:15 PM »

day 1 wash bike. leaf blower shamie 5 hours.
day 2 wax paint 2 hours.
day 3 wax rims rotors calipers 2 hours.
day 4 wax all chrome 3 hours.
day 5 wax frame 2 hours.
yes im a real sick person ocd big time.
14 hrs labour at $20 a hr = $280 thats the way i look at it.
guys all ways ask me to do thers i tell them
ill wash it .leaf blower and shamie it and just wax the paint for a $100 they say im crazzy.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2013, 07:27:10 PM »

The piston pin and connecting rod opening were not the same size, so the pistons were flopping around quite freely. 

Wow! How many miles did you have on it?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »

Wow! How many miles did you have on it?

Started around 200 miles and dropped it off around 800 miles.  I guess that's what I get for trying to follow proper break-in procedures.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2013, 07:55:08 AM »

Started around 200 miles and dropped it off around 800 miles.  I guess that's what I get for trying to follow proper break-in procedures.

Thanks Man! :2vrolijk_21:

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2013, 12:57:15 PM »

day 1 wash bike. leaf blower shamie 5 hours.
day 2 wax paint 2 hours.
day 3 wax rims rotors calipers 2 hours.
day 4 wax all chrome 3 hours.
day 5 wax frame 2 hours.
yes im a real sick person ocd big time.
14 hrs labour at $20 a hr = $280 thats the way i look at it.
guys all ways ask me to do thers i tell them
ill wash it .leaf blower and shamie it and just wax the paint for a $100 they say im crazzy.

So, what's wrong with that procedure?  Sounds like my own routine.  Cleaning the bike is like therapy.  Don't be in a hurry and do it right! :)
Do it now!

clubhes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Breakout, Hard Candy Gold Dust / Liquid Sun
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2013, 01:04:11 PM »

For my new Breakout, removed the seat, washed it, used a clay bar, washed it, hand glazed it, applied 2 coats of Mother's wax, then finished with 2 coats of Meguiar's polymer detailer.

cell phone pic.

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2013, 01:53:42 PM »

looking good!
Do it now!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.436 seconds with 21 queries.