Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Spydglide Hit by Cager  (Read 28113 times)

Terriez

Re: Spydglide Hit by Cager
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2011, 05:42:50 PM »

OUCH! Get Well soon.

charlie

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 06:05:47 PM »

Get well soon, I'm praying for a fast recovery for you.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 06:20:50 PM »

Praying for your speedy recovery Grant. Time to put those Spyd powers to use.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 06:28:34 PM »

get well soon fly out to Tahoe for some R AND R, charge the lady,s insurance cause you need some nor-cal group support
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 07:16:24 PM »

Spyder, so sorry to hear what happened but I praise God it's only ribs compared to what it could have been. I am praying for a speedy recovery without any complications. God Bless ya buddy, love ya man!

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 07:17:11 PM »

Get well soon my friend!  MV is not that far off!
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: No CVO's At Present
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2011, 11:40:06 AM »

Bad news Spyd - praying for quick recovery, but those busted ribs sure take their sweet time to heal for some reason!

If you need anything let me know - you and everybody else on this site helped me out big time when I went down with your constant encouragement - and I won't forget it.

Grinner John
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Aprilia RSVr (track)
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R (track)
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (Screamer)
2012 HD XR1200x Sportster

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2011, 12:15:07 PM »

Thinking of you Spyd and hoping that you're quickly mending. My lesson on broken/cracked ribs. Don't cough.  :'( We'll be thinking of you @ Ribfest.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2011, 12:43:55 PM »

Heal up soon Spyd, maybe some nice weather will help the healing process. :drink:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 01:40:43 PM »

A great big thanks to all ya'll !!!  I love you guys & gals.  Sorry it took so long getting a response but just got out of the hospital & trying to find a painless position to communicate......1st of all, I haven't seen my beloved Huckleberry, but the 'guys' tell me the frame is bent & it's 'totalled'.  I'll be figuring out a 'salvage frame title' for sure, as I'm gonna fix it back...it's my ride and I'm sticking with it.  ( I haven't even lawyered-up yet)  Still dealing with the pain/misery which will be longer lasting than I want (prognoses=2 months), but when Chappy called the nurses station, my outlook went into a whole new dimension.  I said a prayer for him (and Sue) and called for another Morphphine shot.  Just got released & back to my computer, hence the 'post'.  2nd of all, I'm lucky to have my right leg as the engine guard saved it.  3rd of all, I had the good judgement to give my pistol to a cop instead of shooting the inconsiderate cager that wouldn't even come out into the road to stop traffic or see about me as I couldn't get up off the wet asphalt.....he just stood over by his car.  I was riding alone at the time as I got separated from Nite-Al & Flyin' R in the rainstorm.  My number came up again & I'll just pay my dues for this life we choose to live on 2 wheels.  More later, need narcotics. :'( har!   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2011, 01:52:07 PM »

Great to hear from you, Spyder!  Rest up and get well!  Sorry to hear about the Huckleberry, but glad you're going to be OK.  Looks like "OleGranny" might get a little more of a workout for awhile (once you're feeling better, of course), but I'm sure she's up to it!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2011, 01:55:08 PM »

Damn it's good to see you post Spyd!!! Heal fast.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »

Glad you're out of the hospital, Spyder.... How were the nurses?   

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2011, 02:02:57 PM »

Good Deal!  Glad you're doin' better, spyd!  Obiously, you and me both ain't done everything we were put here to do, yet.  Hang in there, you "Ol' Hardcore."  :2vrolijk_21:  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2011, 02:12:24 PM »

A great big thanks to all ya'll !!!  I love you guys & gals.  Sorry it took so long getting a response but just got out of the hospital & trying to find a painless position to communicate......1st of all, I haven't seen my beloved Huckleberry, but the 'guys' tell me the frame is bent & it's 'totalled'.  I'll be figuring out a 'salvage frame title' for sure, as I'm gonna fix it back...it's my ride and I'm sticking with it.  ( I haven't even lawyered-up yet)  Still dealing with the pain/misery which will be longer lasting than I want (prognoses=2 months), but when Chappy called the nurses station, my outlook went into a whole new dimension.  I said a prayer for him (and Sue) and called for another Morphphine shot.  Just got released & back to my computer, hence the 'post'.  2nd of all, I'm lucky to have my right leg as the engine guard saved it.  3rd of all, I had the good judgement to give my pistol to a cop instead of shooting the inconsiderate cager that wouldn't even come out into the road to stop traffic or see about me as I couldn't get up off the wet asphalt.....he just stood over by his car.  I was riding alone at the time as I got separated from Nite-Al & Flyin' R in the rainstorm.  My number came up again & I'll just pay my dues for this life we choose to live on 2 wheels.  More later, need narcotics. :'( har!   spyder

Most important (other than healing) is do not accept any calls or visits from the other guys Insurance company, no matter how polite they seem. Their objective will be to "butter you up and pretend they have your best interest at heart". In reality they just want to ask trick questions to get statements recorded they can use against you later. You don't have to talk to anyone but your own attorney. Don't post any details about the accident on the internet as well.

I was hit by a woman who ran a stop sign and turned to hit me head-on. The quicker you get an attorney, the better off you will be. Most attorneys will tell you to be patient because these cases can take years to settle, but they will also make sure you get the right medical followups to assure you don't suffer long term damages that are not considered in a quick settlement.  Your cycle insurance should cover replacement and they will also get first shot at any settlement to recoup their costs. I highly reccomend letting them total the bike and kiss it goodby. I have seen first hand that you will never get a vehicle back to the condition it was in before the accident no matter how you try. Things will be damaged that are just not visible or discovered.. That is just what I found out by refusing to total one of my bikes. 8 years later it still has failures as result of the accident that no one caught.

Take your time, give plenty of room for total healing, and don't be in a hurry to settle until you are completely recovered long enough to be sure nothing else is gonna pop up. I had a tooth fall out a year after my last accident, it was because my face bone had been crushed into my sinus and it broke off the tip of the root poking thru into the sinus area. Best to you!

jb
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.