Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Spydglide Hit by Cager  (Read 28133 times)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
Re: Spydglide Hit by Cager
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2011, 02:24:09 PM »

Spyder good to see you post. Take care and keep your ducks in a row.

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2011, 02:51:59 PM »

Glad to hear you're doing well! 

Narcotics and lawyers - never touch that stuff until you need 'em most! 

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »

Glad to hear you're doing well! 

Narcotics and lawyers - never touch that stuff until you need 'em most! 

Sounds like he needs them both now!

Glad to hear Spyd  is doing OK... and I agree that as much as you may love your bike, it may be time to let it go.... you can get a new frame from the MoCo, but chances of hidden things (esp electrical-related) will haunt you for a long time unless you replace the entire harness.... not worth it IMHO.

As far as Lawyer..... good idea.... dont even discuss with the other insurance company.... tell them to talk to yours... make your statement to your company. assure they have the information correct and let them work for you.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2011, 04:51:34 PM »

Sounds like he needs them both now!

Glad to hear Spyd  is doing OK... and I agree that as much as you may love your bike, it may be time to let it go.... you can get a new frame from the MoCo, but chances of hidden things (esp electrical-related) will haunt you for a long time unless you replace the entire harness.... not worth it IMHO.

As far as Lawyer..... good idea.... dont even discuss with the other insurance company.... tell them to talk to yours... make your statement to your company. assure they have the information correct and let them work for you.

Let it go?  Knowin' spyder, I'd say that just ain't gonna' happen.  Too many memories.  The "Huckleberry" will come back from the grave.  You can 'bleve 'dat!  8) Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

TwoToes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide Black
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »

Glad to hear that you are home again. I agree with GreetSlide a new bike is always better than a salvaged one. I have been down a few times myself and I am a lawyer so I know what it is like on both sides of an accident. Get a lawyer to represent you, and don't talk to anyone except your lawyer or post any facts about the accident on the internet. Keep us informed of your recovery and we will see you riding again soon.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »

Glad to hear that you're back home and well enough, or doped up enough, to let us know what's happening with you.  Stay out of pain and rest up...eat good stuff to make you heal, and you'll be back in no time.

You'll come out of this smellin' like a Rose, no matter which path you choose to take.  Most of all, just get well   :2vrolijk_21: :)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2011, 06:47:07 PM »

A great big thanks to all ya'll !!!  I love you guys & gals.  Sorry it took so long getting a response but just got out of the hospital & trying to find a painless position to communicate......1st of all, I haven't seen my beloved Huckleberry, but the 'guys' tell me the frame is bent & it's 'totalled'.  I'll be figuring out a 'salvage frame title' for sure, as I'm gonna fix it back...it's my ride and I'm sticking with it.  ( I haven't even lawyered-up yet)  Still dealing with the pain/misery which will be longer lasting than I want (prognoses=2 months), but when Chappy called the nurses station, my outlook went into a whole new dimension.  I said a prayer for him (and Sue) and called for another Morphphine shot.  Just got released & back to my computer, hence the 'post'.  2nd of all, I'm lucky to have my right leg as the engine guard saved it.  3rd of all, I had the good judgement to give my pistol to a cop instead of shooting the inconsiderate cager that wouldn't even come out into the road to stop traffic or see about me as I couldn't get up off the wet asphalt.....he just stood over by his car.  I was riding alone at the time as I got separated from Nite-Al & Flyin' R in the rainstorm.  My number came up again & I'll just pay my dues for this life we choose to live on 2 wheels.  More later, need narcotics. :'( har!   spyder
Great you are okay, I like the part about your pistol, the cager doesn't realize that you saved his life!
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »

Glad you are OK. Lawyer up and heal up. Baby steps with the broken ribs. I feel for you man, take it easy.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2011, 07:35:53 PM »

Mi amigo Grant....glad that you are back again.....get weel soon and if you need a nurse called Heather from my office let me know and I will send her to your bed immediately.....

get well soon mi amigo,

Jorge

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2011, 07:45:29 PM »

Just now saw this, real sad to hear but happy to read your post.  A sad thing that the person didn't even help keep traffic off of you when you were down.    Get well soon and will enjoy reading of your recovery and fixing up of your pride and joy.   

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2011, 07:52:32 PM »

Great to see you back home and on the road to recovery.  Don't worry about the bike, anything can be fixed.

Jerry :2vrolijk_21:
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2011, 08:01:08 PM »

Damn sorry to hear about your accident, but relieved to hear you're out of the hospital for now. Definitely heed the advice about lawyers and insurance companies, and of course get copy of cops report if they did one. Hope they did!  :2vrolijk_21:

Take care of your bad self and worry bout Huckleberry after you're healed up. Enjoy the meds!!  :2thumbsup:

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2011, 09:11:36 PM »

Glad your alright so to say and you made a good call when you gave the cop your gun, they tend to freak out when a guy on a Harley is on the asphalt with a gun in his hand.  One thing for all of the conceal carry guys and I am one, make sure your piece is not hot.  My buddy ran into and incident and told the cop by the way I have a gun.  Cop said thanks, let me hold it and ran the Serial #.  Oops stolen, buddy was handcuffed and taken to jail.  Had to bond out and go to court, lost the gun but no charges as he bought it off another guy we know that bought it outside a flee market.

Your ribs hurt a lot worse when your hands are behind your back.

Take care and don't use pepper unless you are wearing depends, the sneeze will make you pee your pants.

2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2011, 09:22:35 PM »

Mi amigo Grant....glad that you are back again.....get weel soon and if you need a nurse called Heather from my office let me know and I will send her to your bed immediately.....

get well soon mi amigo,

Jorge

Ahhh Hell...If Heather is coming to his rescue I have nothing else to add but I am glad to see ya back and get well soon..Heather will help...

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2011, 10:24:33 PM »

We are all glad to see you home.  Get well soon buddy.   We want to get you up about as soon as you are able.  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 22 queries.