Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Author Topic: Spydglide Hit by Cager  (Read 28118 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
Re: Spydglide Hit by Cager
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2011, 10:22:11 PM »

Get well soon Spyd. Sorry to hear the news.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »

Get well soon Spyd. Sorry to hear the news.
thanks, I'm working on it. ;)  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2011, 11:04:13 PM »

thanks, I'm working on it. ;)  spyder

Hey Spyder; are you better yet?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2011, 11:17:58 PM »

Hey Spyder; are you better yet?
yeah, better than I was a few minutes ago.  Whatcha working on tonight?  That same ole wiring diagram?  When ya gonna go help D00d with his hindges?  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2011, 11:36:43 PM »

yeah, better than I was a few minutes ago.  Whatcha working on tonight?  That same ole wiring diagram?  When ya gonna go help D00d with his hindges?  har.  spyder

Tonight?  After getting back from an absolutely glorious afternoon ride I totally enjoyed the rest of the evening reassembling a transmission for the someday-gonna-be-a-Road King project.  Had that baby scattered all over the table lift.  Bearings over here, gears over there, gaskets down that-a-way, keepers and bolts and seals (oh my!) every which way.

Put the case through the bead blaster and she looks brand new.  All together and moves like butter.  And damn she looks good with the natural silver case and the red (metallic burgundy!) top cover, oil fill housing, side cover and oil pan.  Some chrome 12 point bolts should be here late in the week to top it all off. 

I know, that's not fair when all you can do is think about Huckleberry bits scattered every which way.  But whenever you're ready and have enough bits in a pile say the word and I'll come visit for an assembly weekend :2vrolijk_21: .

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2011, 12:06:24 AM »

you definitely had me going right along with you on the bead-blasted tranny case with chromed fasteners & all until I realized you were setting the 'trap'.  I'm trying not to think about ole Huck propped up in some strange dark corner of the local shop scarred  up for a fair-the-well.  I remember seeing the rear brake master cylinder all chromed and pretty laying on the wet pavement beside my head and thought:  that ain't right!  I 'preciate the assembly party offer but right now can't think beyond this acute rib cage/back sharp pain.  Just takes the fun out of planning, ya know?  My riding buddies just sent pics from the NC mountains of them stopped on the BlueRidge Parkway at some overlook....dammit!  But, I'm 9 days into this healing process now, so it won't be as long as it was .........post a pic of that purty tranny when you git 'er all gussied up on the table there.  :-* har.  spyder

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2011, 12:36:54 AM »

you definitely had me going right along with you on the bead-blasted tranny case with chromed fasteners & all until I realized you were setting the 'trap'.  I'm trying not to think about ole Huck propped up in some strange dark corner of the local shop scarred  up for a fair-the-well.  I remember seeing the rear brake master cylinder all chromed and pretty laying on the wet pavement beside my head and thought:  that ain't right!  I 'preciate the assembly party offer but right now can't think beyond this acute rib cage/back sharp pain.  Just takes the fun out of planning, ya know?  My riding buddies just sent pics from the NC mountains of them stopped on the BlueRidge Parkway at some overlook....dammit!  But, I'm 9 days into this healing process now, so it won't be as long as it was .........post a pic of that purty tranny when you git 'er all gussied up on the table there.  :-* har.  spyder

Just don't laugh.  Or fart or sneeze.  Or fall down.  Or take a too-deep breath.  Or cough or choke or gag or try to get lucky!

Manage that for a bit longer and it'll all be good :2vrolijk_21: .

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2011, 12:44:05 AM »

Just don't laugh.  Or fart or sneeze.  Or fall down.  Or take a too-deep breath.  Or cough or choke or gag or try to get lucky!

Manage that for a bit longer and it'll all be good :2vrolijk_21: .
Yeah, managed to choke a bit on a sip of coffee this morning & scared the ole lady & my yellow hound half to death I hollared so loud.  But, I'm being careful 'cause I remember these things from the last time.....sounds like you have not forgotten a single one either. ::)  har.  spyder

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2011, 01:01:42 AM »

Yeah, managed to choke a bit on a sip of coffee this morning & scared the ole lady & my yellow hound half to death I hollared so loud.  But, I'm being careful 'cause I remember these things from the last time.....sounds like you have not forgotten a single one either. ::)  har.  spyder

Amen to that Spyder.  One time I got some ribs in the back.  That was even less fun than breaks in front.  Hurt longer.  And god help you if you've got allergies!  Speaking of; here's my all time favorite joke about sneezing:

Attractive woman boards a plane (it's better if you hear her in your head with something like a South Carolinian or an Irish accent).  A few minutes after being seated she sneezes.  The sneeze is followed by a dramatic almost convulsive reaction.  After a few minutes her breathing normalizes, she seems to have relaxed and all seems well to the concerned passenger sitting next to her.  He wonders what the episode was but since she mentioned nothing he respects her privacy and doesn't say anything.

Every half hour or so this repeats.  The woman sneeze and has this unsettling and obvious reaction.  Finally after the third time the man asks, "M'am, I couldn't help but notice that you seem to be in some distress after you sneeze.  Are you ok?  Should I get the flight attendant?"

(Remember, hear with the honey sweet accent.)

She says, "Well thank you sir, you're very kind.  But I have this... condition.  It is troubling so I hope it's not bothering you."  

"Is it serious?" asks the man.

"Well sir," she says; "It's a little embarassing but since you're so kind I guess it's ok.  You see, every time I sneeze I have an amazing orgasm.  That's my condition.  I hope my little reaction doesn't bother you.  But I can't do anything about it sir.  So I do hope you do forgive me."

"I'm sorry to have bothered you" he stammers, "Is there anything you can take for it?"

"Oh yes" she beams; "I can.  Pepper, every half hour or so."

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2011, 01:08:57 AM »

Good one Don, but I managed not to laugh (even doing the accented voice in my head).  I'm getting good at this...you have too 'cause it hurts too much to screw up.  My 3 ribs that are broken (not 'cracked' according to the cat-scan) are in the back also.  Isn't it great how they kept bring me pepper with my meals in the hospital, but even under the morphine influence ole spyder was too smart to open those lil packets. ;)  har.  spyder

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2011, 01:15:56 AM »

Good one Don, but I managed not to laugh

Ok, I won't try harder (for a few days).  Just keep healing Spyder.  You earned being pampered for a bit. 

harleydiva

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2011, 03:49:57 PM »

Spyde,

Thanks for the p.m.  Did you receive my cyber hug that you requested?   ;)

So glad to hear that you are home and on the mend.  Can't keep a good man down!   :2vrolijk_21:

Bootsie

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2011, 04:11:21 PM »

Spyde,

Thanks for the p.m.  Did you receive my cyber hug that you requested?   ;)

So glad to hear that you are home and on the mend.  Can't keep a good man down!   :2vrolijk_21:

Bootsie
Yes I did, Bootsie, and thanks a bunch.  It's like that HARD SAILS T-shirt I had that read:  A HARD man is good to find.  :P har.  spyder

harleydiva

« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2011, 04:14:38 PM »

:o

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2011, 03:18:23 AM »

So good to hear your feeling a little better Spyder, was sick when I first read about your accident. I know you probably havent even thought about what your going to do about your bike but please keep me posted. Dont know if you know this but when I first saw you on your B&B Seeg the lasting impression was what influenced me on my quest to get mine....for real.

I tore the meniscus in my right knee a couple months ago at work and I'm still trying to get it fixed. Cant ride do to the pain so I got my Seeg all apart working on its third phase of mods. Really hope we get together at MV this year. Would be great to spend some time with you again. Hang in there buddy.....Roy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 22 queries.