Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Author Topic: Spydglide Hit by Cager  (Read 28123 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Spydglide Hit by Cager
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2011, 07:39:31 AM »

Really hope we get together at MV this year. Would be great to spend some time with you again. Hang in there buddy.....Roy
Damn Roy, so sorry to hear of you being down healthwise.  If you're able to work on the scooter, that's something tho.  I'm still laid-up pretty much.....gonna be many weeks before I'll be able to think of riding again, but it's been 2 weeks and I can already do personal care things that I couldn't before, so I just thankful that I've still got both legs & not paralysed. Still working with insurance peeps to try not to total my scooter so I don't have a 'salvage' title.  I've only seen pics of it to this point, but I'm sure I'll put humpty dumpty back together again...I like that scooter and I ride 'em a long time before I change up.  Rode my knuckle 19 yrs. and wrecked it good but always built it back.  Get well and make MV and I'll do the same...see ya there.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2011, 09:26:49 AM »

Spyder - I'm glad you're ok.  I'm sure you'll have Humpty Dumpty back together again in time for Maggie Valley!  Get better soon.  Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Take care,
V
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2011, 09:51:13 AM »

thanks V.  Hope to ride with ya soon.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

harleydiva

« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2011, 11:02:35 AM »

Great news to hear that you're on the mend!   :2vrolijk_21:

Bootsie

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2011, 11:36:04 AM »

Great news to hear that you're on the mend!   :2vrolijk_21:

Bootsie
Thanks Bootsie.  This ole bod doesn't seem to want to spring back like it used to.....I've been saying to my riding buddies for the past few years that I'm only one good tumble from ending my 2 wheel love affair....and I'm finding that there was more truth in that statement than I intended.  I'm still planning a comeback tour like all over the hill musicians, tho.  ::) har.  spyder

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2011, 09:23:11 AM »

Ata boy Spy.   Great to hear you are getting better.  I remember those days when I would bang myself around pretty good and feel better the very next day.   Those days are long gone for me too.  Keep the posts coming, you have lots of friends here to cheer you on.  :2vrolijk_21:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2011, 09:45:59 AM »

Ata boy Spy.   Great to hear you are getting better.  I remember those days when I would bang myself around pretty good and feel better the very next day.   Those days are long gone for me too.  Keep the posts coming, you have lots of friends here to cheer you on.  :2vrolijk_21:
Thanks for the words of encouragement, Stu.  I don't know what I'd do without this site & all the great riders posting to give me a diversion from the miserable hours of doing nothing except waiting for the next pain pill.  The wifey is the one that is suffering the most having to put up with my sorry self in this helpless condition.  I'm missing some great riding weather, but the healing process started the moment the bones broke according to the surgeon.  Ride safe, spyder

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2011, 07:41:51 AM »

Still thinking positive thoughts Spyd, hoping to see you on the road, if not this year, then most assuredly next.   :huepfenjump3: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock: :mango: :orange:  :huepfenjump3:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2011, 07:50:20 AM »

Be thankful you aint lergic to pain pills like I am, found out the hard way coming out getting my skull split.

I wake up post-op all plumbed in nicely in both hands with IV's fer thin n that and alllll the dilaudid I could want..... but no, allergic to that too...scratching like a flea bit dog...

...those ribs will heal up....eventually. Ice and heat help a bit with the cartilidge, dont ask how I know, but my ribs healed up.....eventually.  :D

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2011, 07:54:53 AM »

Still thinking positive thoughts Spyd, hoping to see you on the road, if not this year, then most assuredly next.   :huepfenjump3: :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock: :mango: :orange:  :huepfenjump3:
Candy I sure hope it's this year...I'm too old to be missing years of riding seasons. :o  har.  spyder

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2011, 07:59:27 AM »

Be thankful you aint lergic to pain pills like I am, found out the hard way coming out getting my skull split.

I wake up post-op all plumbed in nicely in both hands with IV's fer thin n that and alllll the dilaudid I could want..... but no, allergic to that too...scratching like a flea bit dog...

...those ribs will heal up....eventually. Ice and heat help a bit with the cartilidge, dont ask how I know, but my ribs healed up.....eventually.  :D
Don't I know it Miker.........I'm thankful for so many things and being able to take narcotics is just one of many.  Broke bones hurt, but could have been so much worse....a buddy was hit the same way I was ( a long time ago when we were riding down at the beach, and he tore a artery and bled to death before we could get him chopper across to the hospital. )  How are you doing these days?  :nixweiss: spyder

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2011, 08:18:37 AM »

Amen brother...

Me, ok...good days and then some not so good...Been out on short solo 100 mile donut runs the last two weekends.  Fatigue still creeps in, too easily for me.  I am having a hard time with slow speed right hand figger 8's for some reason. Also keeping my eyes scanning is not quite the auto-reflex it was, I "have" make myself scan. Brain salad surgery is friggin strange.   

Highway speed gives me shaken baby syndrome, blurry vision and bomber sized pain in the squash...I ordered a 11 inch Freedom shield today
to maybe get some wind relief...Wearing a helmet is not so bad but I kinda dread going to a full face if the Chuck Norris windshield dont help.

We can cheer from the sidelines for now, missing Ribfest and Tahoe were a bummer but better n being dead. Slainte!  :drink:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2011, 07:24:25 AM »

Spy,, lots here pulling for you with a speedy recovery.   Great to hear that you are coming along. Keep those spirits high and you will be back out there soon enough.  We ll just have to meet up sometime after all this is over and get a nice long ride in.  Smiles are mandatory.    :2vrolijk_21:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2011, 07:28:40 AM »

Spy,, lots here pulling for you with a speedy recovery.   Great to hear that you are coming along. Keep those spirits high and you will be back out there soon enough.  We ll just have to meet up sometime after all this is over and get a nice long ride in.  Smiles are mandatory.    :2vrolijk_21:
Thanks Stuart, I'll be counting on it.  ;) har.  spyder

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2011, 08:21:05 AM »

Good Morning Spyder,
 Just sending my prayers and best wishes to you for a speedy healing and full recovery. Thank God you survived this attack with a deadly weapon that these cagers are doing with it seems more and more frequency. With all the electronic toys and gadgets that people are using in their vehicles lately, we two wheelers face a lot more risk.
 My wife Sarah and I are looking forward to meeting you and all the other members at the Maggie Valley GTG this September. I had my own medical situation that caused me to cancel last years MV, but I'm now back in the saddle. As we get older, healing takes a bit longer but you will get there. As soon as your MD's give you the OK, get started on an rehab program. Eat healthy, work through the pain and push your limits. You will feel better every day both physically and mentally.
 See you in September!!
Tom P.   
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 22 queries.