Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Windham, NH teen driver accused of deliberately hitting motorcyclist...  (Read 6455 times)

hogasm

Frankly, I find these charges remarkably insignificant. I'd suggest attempted murder might be a good start. It continues to amaze me that these AG's and Judges don't look at cages as dangerous weapons, especially in road rages situations like this. Would the end result been any different had he shot a little low at a biker riding by the road, in the leg with a shotgun?  In that scenario they would have had a manhunt, and he'd never see the light of day again.  And, I'm not sure if he only has to post 10% of that $5,000, and if so, that's a slap on the face. Should be $50,000 at least.

I can only pray this guy gets what he really deserves, either in the courts, or in an alley some day. I think it was mighty admirable that they were considerate enough to offer up his home address. We've got no place in society for POS like this, imho.

Use your vehicle and do the same thing to a police officer....Attempted Murder

jonandcheryl

• 1980 FLH
  • Bovine Scatologist

I'm a trauma nurse.  Over the weekend a sad case came in:http://www.hometownlife.com/article/20110531/NEWS10/110531001/Livonia-motorcyclist-killed-crash
It's hard enough driving the roads when cagers are inattentive or on their cell, let alone intentionally "road rage" trying to drive a bike off-road.

Jon (my hubby) is a sheriff deputy, and he said this would be "aggravated assault with intent to do great bodily harm" or "attempted murder" (both felonies) since a car IS considered a lethal weapon.

And as the parent of a 17 year old boy with a lead foot, the cockiness of this lad is appalling.  Did he not consider the consequences that he could've maimed or killed the biker because of a little impatience?  (rhetorical question, I know) :confused5:

Yesterday I got called in for a passenger that was drunk and fell of the back of the bike after a car collision in a parking lot--lots of road rash and broken ankle.  Not many of the hospital staff ride, and you get jaded day after day seeing so many MVAs and accidents......but they were giving her a hard time b/c she was drunk.  I was a little outraged--she was the victim!  She was on the back of the bike and struck by a car!! As an ICU nurse for the last 16 years, I wouldn't be caught dead on a "donorcycle." But then I met my hubby, and we have been riding for the last 4 years, and I dig it. But being on the back of a bike makes me very conscious of how vulnerable we are, despite being ATGAT.  We are no match for a couple thousand pound car controlled by an idiot road-rager.....  :jack:

If this incident occurred in Michigan, the kid would not serve jail time.  Our jails are filled with "violent" criminals, and our hug-a-thug political system would let him go since this is a first offense--slap him on the wrist and give him community service (not the mental help he clearly needs). Not the punishment he deserves, but I have found that those deserving of revenge eventually get theirs hundredfold....."Vengeance is mine saith the Lord"  Just hope no one else is injured or killed in the interim........ :soapbox:

Nuff said.
and drooling over CVO SEEG but waiting for the 2012 models to come out (well, that's the excuse while saving $$$ to buy one this summer!)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle

I'm a trauma nurse.  Over the weekend a sad case came in:http://www.hometownlife.com/article/20110531/NEWS10/110531001/Livonia-motorcyclist-killed-crash
It's hard enough driving the roads when cagers are inattentive or on their cell, let alone intentionally "road rage" trying to drive a bike off-road.

Jon (my hubby) is a sheriff deputy, and he said this would be "aggravated assault with intent to do great bodily harm" or "attempted murder" (both felonies) since a car IS considered a lethal weapon.

And as the parent of a 17 year old boy with a lead foot, the cockiness of this lad is appalling.  Did he not consider the consequences that he could've maimed or killed the biker because of a little impatience?  (rhetorical question, I know) :confused5:

Yesterday I got called in for a passenger that was drunk and fell of the back of the bike after a car collision in a parking lot--lots of road rash and broken ankle.  Not many of the hospital staff ride, and you get jaded day after day seeing so many MVAs and accidents......but they were giving her a hard time b/c she was drunk.  I was a little outraged--she was the victim!  She was on the back of the bike and struck by a car!! As an ICU nurse for the last 16 years, I wouldn't be caught dead on a "donorcycle." But then I met my hubby, and we have been riding for the last 4 years, and I dig it. But being on the back of a bike makes me very conscious of how vulnerable we are, despite being ATGAT.  We are no match for a couple thousand pound car controlled by an idiot road-rager.....  :jack:

If this incident occurred in Michigan, the kid would not serve jail time.  Our jails are filled with "violent" criminals, and our hug-a-thug political system would let him go since this is a first offense--slap him on the wrist and give him community service (not the mental help he clearly needs). Not the punishment he deserves, but I have found that those deserving of revenge eventually get theirs hundredfold....."Vengeance is mine saith the Lord"  Just hope no one else is injured or killed in the interim........ :soapbox:

Nuff said.

Well said.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.