Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Nobody else in this country ridin?  (Read 5272 times)

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
Re: Nobody else in this country ridin?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 12:08:53 PM »

Still ridin in paradise....But I've been laid up with pneumonia for the last 2weeks... this sucks
You could always post xray pics of your lung report.   ;D

Pneumonia sucks...I was hospitalized for a week and lost 20lbs from it.... get better soon!

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 01:29:57 PM »

You could always post xray pics of your lung report.   ;D

Pneumonia sucks...I was hospitalized for a week and lost 20lbs from it.... get better soon!

I spent a week in bed... and was working until the last day... got home and my wife said "you look like chit"... I selpt for 8 hours and only woke up because I couldnt breathe!

That first night was hell. Doc said I shouldnt even be walking... hell I was still riding!

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 02:59:30 PM »

Still ridin in paradise....But I've been laid up with pneumonia for the last 2weeks... this sucks

Sending you a get well wish  :1112:  Hope you start feeling better soon  :)

Judy
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 03:46:17 PM »

JC...not everyone is fortuate enough to have 800 beautiful roads/places within 75 miles of their home.  ;)  It has been an extremely mild winter here in Alabama, and I have ridden several days for a couple of hours at a time, but nothing worth posting a ride report about.  You'd just see the same old chit, ride report after ride report.  It rains a lot here in Alabama in the Winter.  I took a nice 200 mile ride a week or so ago, but didn't take the camera.  The camera deal is an issue for me...taking the "big" camera is not really practical for me, as mine is like having a brick hanging around your neck, and the smaller Canon G10 I have only had a wrist strap on it, which doesn't work out too well when operating the throttle and front brake.  However, I have recently solved that problem by putting a neck strap on the Canon, so will be able to get more photos while riding, without pulling over, getting off, opening the TP, getting the camera out, etc.  That gets old fast.  Judi will only ride if the temps are above 70 degrees, so no BSR to keep me company  :(  I also don't have any "riding buddies" close by, and don't do the whole HOG thing, so it's usually just me.  I know...waaaa, waaaa, waaaa.

Tell ya what...I'll be taking a little ride next Tuesday or Wednesday to put my bike up on a Dyno to see if the TTS map needs to be tweaked slightly, and the ride up there is pretty nice, plus the ride back can be really nice, so I'll snap some pics, I promise... ::)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 04:19:40 PM »

JC...not everyone is fortuate enough to have 800 beautiful roads/places within 75 miles of their home.  ;)  It has been an extremely mild winter here in Alabama, and I have ridden several days for a couple of hours at a time, but nothing worth posting a ride report about.  You'd just see the same old chit, ride report after ride report.  It rains a lot here in Alabama in the Winter.  I took a nice 200 mile ride a week or so ago, but didn't take the camera.  The camera deal is an issue for me...taking the "big" camera is not really practical for me, as mine is like having a brick hanging around your neck, and the smaller Canon G10 I have only had a wrist strap on it, which doesn't work out too well when operating the throttle and front brake.  However, I have recently solved that problem by putting a neck strap on the Canon, so will be able to get more photos while riding, without pulling over, getting off, opening the TP, getting the camera out, etc.  That gets old fast.  Judi will only ride if the temps are above 70 degrees, so no BSR to keep me company  :(  I also don't have any "riding buddies" close by, and don't do the whole HOG thing, so it's usually just me.  I know...waaaa, waaaa, waaaa.

Tell ya what...I'll be taking a little ride next Tuesday or Wednesday to put my bike up on a Dyno to see if the TTS map needs to be tweaked slightly, and the ride up there is pretty nice, plus the ride back can be really nice, so I'll snap some pics, I promise... ::)

That's how I feel about all of our roads.  But for someobody that's never been there before or hasn't rode it more than once in their life......we want to see it. :2vrolijk_21:   I wish they were within 75 miles of home.....I put 735 miles on the bike last weekend.  Most of the shoots are a good 300-400 mile day ride but some are a weekend overnight up in the 700
+ mile range.  If ya don't get out there and do it then it's just expensive garage jewlery.  I can't afford that so I have to ride to get my money's worth. ;D

I know what you mean about having a brick around your neck.  Bought a new foam padded (thinner than the traditional Nikon strap) neck strap last weekend.....then stopped by the fabric store and bought 1/2 yd. of black micro-fiber and asked Terrie to make several camera strap sleeves for the new strap.  That should be a little more gentle on the neck.....especially when it's days at a time. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 11:17:58 PM »

I was just happy to get to ride to work today. Temp in the mid 70s.  :huepfenlol2:

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 11:28:10 PM »

Sending you a get well wish  :1112:  Hope you start feeling better soon  :)

Judy

Thanks Judy...

Took the bike out today, all bundled up.. felt like an eskimo....

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 07:36:25 AM »

Actually rode the new 2012 SEUC for the first time this week, last Monday was 64 degrees in Maryland, rode about 60 miles, short ride on Tuesday, only low 50s.....Spring is around the corner...

napalm
napalm

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 08:26:51 AM »

It snowed here in Boise yesterday, I almost didn't get to ride, but by mid afternoon it was dry roads and sunny and snow melted by 2 pm  with 40* temps. I rode Highway 55 from Boise as far as Avamore and the snow @ the higher elevations made me turn around and head back into the valley. It really doesn't matter to me where I ride, it is the riding that makes me believe (maybe falsely) that I am free from all the BS that is my life sometimes...
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 10:33:17 AM »

Everybody's talking about riding but nobody's posting ride reports.

When I had posted my third or fourth ride report on Hwy. 49, we were on another group ride when I was asked "why do you do ride reports on a ride that we've all been doing all of our lives?".   I explained "I don't do the ride reports for those that have been here a thousand times, I do them for those that have never been here before.  We can be bored to death with our own backyards but there are others that would be interested just because they've never been here and they've never seen it before".

As I think back on all the rideing that I've done over the years across this country......I can not think of one place that I rode that couldn't be made in to a ride report (for others, not for yourself).  I like the mountains but Terrie thinks flat desert is most beautiful.  So if you live and ride an area that you feel is boring, doesn't compare to California or Colorado or other states.......it's still something different than most of us are familiar with and we'd like to see it.

I step out there and take a risk.......I post many, many pictures that I don't think have any interest what so ever and all of you seem to like them.  If I were left to what I think is a nice photo.......I'd probably only have four or five photos in each ride report.  Actually, credit given where it belongs, Jock was my inspiration for taking my ride reports to another level.  I saw the things that he was taking photos of and posting and I just sort of followed suit......although my ride reports will never compare to his.  We all start somewhere.

So......if you're reading this and you're one of those that appreciate looking at ride reports of mine, Jock's and others I challenge you to strap that camera around your neck and go for it.  I think the more you do it, the more you'll be surprised at the comments, PMs, emails that you get commenting on your efforts.  I know I've been really surprised and and I keep doing it for all of you.  Go for it! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 01:19:13 PM »

Everybody's talking about riding but nobody's posting ride reports.

When I had posted my third or fourth ride report on Hwy. 49, we were on another group ride when I was asked "why do you do ride reports on a ride that we've all been doing all of our lives?".   I explained "I don't do the ride reports for those that have been here a thousand times, I do them for those that have never been here before.  We can be bored to death with our own backyards but there are others that would be interested just because they've never been here and they've never seen it before".

As I think back on all the rideing that I've done over the years across this country......I can not think of one place that I rode that couldn't be made in to a ride report (for others, not for yourself).  I like the mountains but Terrie thinks flat desert is most beautiful.  So if you live and ride an area that you feel is boring, doesn't compare to California or Colorado or other states.......it's still something different than most of us are familiar with and we'd like to see it.

I step out there and take a risk.......I post many, many pictures that I don't think have any interest what so ever and all of you seem to like them.  If I were left to what I think is a nice photo.......I'd probably only have four or five photos in each ride report.  Actually, credit given where it belongs, Jock was my inspiration for taking my ride reports to another level.  I saw the things that he was taking photos of and posting and I just sort of followed suit......although my ride reports will never compare to his.  We all start somewhere.

So......if you're reading this and you're one of those that appreciate looking at ride reports of mine, Jock's and others I challenge you to strap that camera around your neck and go for it.  I think the more you do it, the more you'll be surprised at the comments, PMs, emails that you get commenting on your efforts.  I know I've been really surprised and and I keep doing it for all of you.  Go for it! :2vrolijk_21:

Well said JC  :2vrolijk_21: Thank you for posting your trips for us that are laid up on the couch recovering from a mc injury.  I may not be able to ride right now, but with your photo's I can relive that feel of the wind in my face and the roar of the engine as I take every curve with you on your trips.   :pepper: Thank you again for stirring those emotions that I so miss when I can't ride  :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 10:20:16 PM »

Thanks for posting your pics and ride reports JC. I love the pics when you tell us some info about the pics. I may never get to ride those roads in person. We want to but you never know. I will try to do better doing rides and pics. Same old roads to us are new to lots of others. I need to learn how to post more pics per post!   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 12:12:04 AM »

Thanks for posting your pics and ride reports JC. I love the pics when you tell us some info about the pics. I may never get to ride those roads in person. We want to but you never know. I will try to do better doing rides and pics. Same old roads to us are new to lots of others. I need to learn how to post more pics per post!   

I can help you with that.  PM me when you're ready. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 02:52:06 PM »

I can help you with that.  PM me when you're ready. :2vrolijk_21:
Thanks, I will.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 23 queries.