Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35

Author Topic: Coast to Coast to Coast | 2011 Lake Tahoe Gathering | Jock's Captain's Log  (Read 53496 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?

Now it’s time for me to enjoy…

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

If all else fails there is always…a slight blur to protect the innocent…

Or I can “pick up” on of these from our friends…

In any event I am here to repent my sins from earlier in the day when I was to climb Tioga Pass so let me begin…Later!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 07:00:28 PM by Jock »

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

Captain’s Log | 06.19.2011

With all of my “sins” left behind me in Las Vegas it was time to go full throttle back to the East Coast.  However being so close and on the way I stopped at Lake Mead/Hoover Dam.  There have been a host of fires around here which is causing a lot of smoke in the areas.

Lake Mead

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

Hoover Dam

View of Lake Mead from the dam…

Hellooooo down there!

Be prepared as there is plenty of this…

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

The bridge shot with the moon above…Moon River…..wait a minute that’s near MY home…

You can feel the power much like the power in our CVOs!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

Now I must admit that I was hoping to see a different view returning back on I-40 v. I 10 but I must say…NOT!  As a matter of fact after leaving Arizona I returned back to that Hoover Wind Tunnel they call Interstate 40!  I felt like a piece of lint that was being sucked up 400+ miles of tubing heading towards the dust bag.  There was not need for me to stop and take photographs as I could just use last years.

You can see all of the sand in the distance…by the way that a big pet area not that it matters where they perform their business in the state it’s all the same to me!

I still do not understand this safety corridor matter…Hell the whole state should be one!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

While in Gallup, NM you must stop here as there is nothing better to do unless you like blowing enough sand out of your nose to fill a child’s sand box!

See the older gentlemen getting off the bench?  Well he came up to be and said, “Now you do not have to answer this question if you would prefer not to.  My son just told me that your motorcycle cost around 20k is that right?”  he said in amazement.  I said, “Well your son would be correct however this one is a limited production model and enjoys a higher retail cost.”  He asked, “how much?’  I told him a rounded value and he said “that’s just foolish!”

You know he may be right but as I got on the bike to get the hell out of the state I thought “who is the fool here?”  I am getting the hell out of here and you decided to stay in this dust bowl!  HA!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

Hell who am I to talk I ended up in Tucumcari, NM any way for the night.

???

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

Captain’s Log | 06.20.2011

It is now time for me to really make some tracks…I get an early start and continue my path through TX and start on the wonderful OK section of Interstate 40.

Now I must admit NM is very windy and TX is not quite as bad for the most part.  However Oklahoma is NOT OK because they are out of their mind in denial.  At least NM acknowledges it has a wind concern!  Oklahoma is not facing their fact!

At one point I was at a Love’s Truck Stop and fueled up.  Another biker was sitting on his bike with some really strong winds blowing.  I pulled up to park and make some telephone calls and noticed his plate from TX.  He was attempting to put on his jacket in the wind and got quite upset.  I said in a clam voice attempting to create some humor…”Good thing it is not windy today.”  He looked at me with a half serious face and said “yep other wise my bike would not have been blown over.”  As a matter of fact it had been and he quickly pulled out!

Today would be another long day as I was to be in Memphis tonight so I was forced to ride in a 20 degree angle and press on.

No time for anything just keep going like the energizer “bunny”…darn there sure are a lot of “bunnies” on this trip!

If I do not stop now I will be forced to use the “sex machine” at the “ranch”

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

Captain’s Log | 06.21.2011

After conducting a review of the weather my plans in Memphis have bee cut short.  I was to stay there two nights and hook up with friends.  That will not be the case given the up-coming weather forecast.

I enjoyed a brief breakfast with my friends and made it out of town just in time as the skies got dark, wind, blowing and me ready to get the hell out of town before the pour.

I did indeed do that but not before I would hit some on the way.  The conditions were not too bad and I had been lucky up to this point on my journey.  I will not complain a word given my travels to-date.

Given my revisions in Memphis I will make the trip directly home and arrive back today.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

Summary

I began this journey 21 days ago and I started out knowing that I was blessed to be in a position to have this opportunity.  It is now 21 days later I feel even more blessed in so many ways.

-   Good friends
-   Well thought out event rides
-   Great places
-   Wonderful food
-   Legendary sights
-   Amazing weather
-   Quality mods performed to the motorcycle
-   New friends
-   Tasty beverages
-   Additional knowledge
-   Fun roads
-   And so much more!

Thank you to everyone that was a part of this GTG – Planners, Attendees, Forum Posters, Shop Owners, Tech Heads, Metal Dragon of Haywood, CA and all of the others.

I can truly state that this journey will be another one that I will not forget and look forward to many more.

For those of you on the East Coast I again encourage you to “Go West!”  Many of you may think the “Dragon” and several other roads are da “chit” but I will reinforce again, “you ain’t seen nutin’!”  There are miles and miles of this these type roads, good weather and plenty of fun!  "Get Out There!"

Until we meet again I leave you with the Red Hot Ladies of the West Coast!

As I enjoy the Ladies from the “Ranch”…”What A Ride!!!”

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:36:25 PM by Jock »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle

Great ride report/log Dick.  You indeed, are 'The Man'.  :coolblue: Enjoyed it (vicariously) very much. :2vrolijk_21:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

Great ride report/log Dick.  You indeed, are 'The Man'.  :coolblue: Enjoyed it (vicariously) very much. :2vrolijk_21:  spyder

I would never expect, claim, deserve, desire or any other position in that title...I only hope to be "A Man" one day but NOT SOON!  In the meantime I will be a BOY and ENJOY LIFE!

:)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

Screw the Captains Log, where in the Hell did that RED Bike appear?? Been keeping that one a secrete for a while or did I miss the unveiling?

Wish I was heading out also.  :bigcry:

:bananarock: :bananarock:

Brad

In an effort to provide some answer to some questions I will attempt to answer them now that I am home..I purchased the bike on April Fools Day!  How do you think I got any with it!

"Oh Honey!  I purchased a new motorcycle!"  Her reply..."Oh no you did not!"

;)

Wish you and Val were there too!

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook

Now I must admit that I was hoping to see a different view returning back on I-40 v. I 10 but I must say…NOT!  As a matter of fact after leaving Arizona I returned back to that Hoover Wind Tunnel they call Interstate 40!  I felt like a piece of lint that was being sucked up 400+ miles of tubing heading towards the dust bag.  There was not need for me to stop and take photographs as I could just use last years.

You can see all of the sand in the distance…by the way that a big pet area not that it matters where they perform their business in the state it’s all the same to me!
I still do not understand this safety corridor matter…Hell the whole state should be one!

Well Jock, I will have to agree with you on New Mexico (or at least the areas that you traveled). It doesn't help that for this year NM is currently the "driest" state in the US. The next closest are Louisiana (?), Texas, Arizona and Oklahoma. Here is a photo to remember your time on I-40 in New Mexico.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:43:48 AM by DesertHOG »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 22 queries.