Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wheeldock Center Stand  (Read 1738 times)

Mogulbumm

• Tiger Blood and Adonis DNA

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
Wheeldock Center Stand
« on: June 06, 2011, 03:16:02 PM »

Ok, so I've browsed through the forum and read a ton of posts on the Wheeldock center stand, mostly good.

However from their website, there are a couple of people with the 2011 FLTRUSE who said that the center stand worked great on previous bikes, but is VERY unstable on ours, so the other posts aren't much help.

I don't ride agressively enough to scrape my pegs (not on this bike anyway...).

Does anybody with this bike have one in use?  Which model did you get and do you find it stable?  I'm not worried about sinking in since I use a plate for my side stand, but it is a great option on concrete, my garage, etc...
2011 FLTRUSE CVO Rio Red
Fullsac Stage 1 and 2 on Order

cwright2

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Wheeldock Center Stand
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:51:55 PM »

I bought one for my 2011 it was very unstable . I ended up welding 1/4" plate on the bottom of the legs which made it 1000% better. The reason they do not fit the 2011 is that we have 18 inch wheels on them. You need to order one with the 2 inch extended arm and add at least a 3/16 to 1/4" plate on the bottom of the legs. I really like mine after I fixed it. Do not bother buying the Harley-Davidson one. It is a piece of sh!!! You need the 2 inch extension so it will get past the rear floorboards . the rear adjustable floorboards stick out farther than the stock.

Mogulbumm

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:04:58 AM »

I bought one for my 2011 it was very unstable . I ended up welding 1/4" plate on the bottom of the legs which made it 1000% better. The reason they do not fit the 2011 is that we have 18 inch wheels on them. You need to order one with the 2 inch extended arm and add at least a 3/16 to 1/4" plate on the bottom of the legs. I really like mine after I fixed it. Do not bother buying the Harley-Davidson one. It is a piece of sh!!! You need the 2 inch extension so it will get past the rear floorboards . the rear adjustable floorboards stick out farther than the stock.

Thanks!  Do you have a pic of what you did?  I'd probably bring it to a machine shop and have it modified.  Sounds like it just needs that extra height.
2011 FLTRUSE CVO Rio Red

inflatableman

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 06:51:33 AM »

When I moved mine from the Ultra very unstable, called folks at Wheelock, problem caused by the 18's.  shipped stand to them, they welded extensions on the feet, cleaned and powdered coated, good as new. Took about two weeks, around $100.00  Works great!
2011 FLTRUSE
Frosted Ivory / Vintage Gold
V&H Power Duals
V&H Monster Rounds

cwright2

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »

it took about 20 minutes.

Mogulbumm

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »

Awesome. Thanks for posting!  Helped me visualize better.
2011 FLTRUSE CVO Rio Red

Mogulbumm

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 10:21:02 PM »

When I moved mine from the Ultra very unstable, called folks at Wheelock, problem caused by the 18's.  shipped stand to them, they welded extensions on the feet, cleaned and powdered coated, good as new. Took about two weeks, around $100.00  Works great!

Rod from Wheeldock just responded to my question within minutes (on a Saturday night!).  I just ordered a set and they are going to extend them 1/4" with pads at no charge, so they should work right away. I'll post results once I get them.
2011 FLTRUSE CVO Rio Red

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.