Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Perewitz bike crash  (Read 10600 times)

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
Perewitz bike crash
« on: May 18, 2006, 11:01:05 PM »

Well nice night tonight, figured I'd ride to my brothers around the corner to see if his Dragonfly showed up today (not), pulled around the corner, lots of flashing lights, I see a few of my friends here and there on the side of the road, pretty twisty BTW and there Dougie's Perewitz laying on it's side, and Dougie being loaded into a ambulance, (He's okay cut up his leg but could be worst) I'll find out tomorrow how he is. So I turned around went and got my trailer, loaded his bike and rolled out with the balance of the crew to bring it home. Sorry for the chitty phone pics.
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Perewitz bike crash
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 11:01:36 PM »

another

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 11:03:33 PM »

Damn shame, I heard from the others that Doug had just got fed up with the high insurance costs for his bike and had recently dropped his coverage! Aint that nice..
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 11:04:26 PM by MYCVO »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 11:13:52 PM »

Damn shame, I heard from the others that Doug had just got fed up with the high insurance costs for his bike and had recently dropped his coverage! Aint that nice..

Not good! [smiley=nervous.gif]  I hope that he mends O.K. thow.  Don't know the guy, but I'm saying a prayer for him.

J.C.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 12:16:51 AM »

Not good! [smiley=nervous.gif]  I hope that he mends O.K. thow.  Don't know the guy, but I'm saying a prayer for him.

J.C.
 This is the third email that I have replied to tonight.  Each one has had bad news.  I hope that everybody is looking and listening for those caged drivers that don't seem to ever see us or hear us.  When it comes to riding, lets all be careful out there [smiley=soapbox.gif]!!!
I will pray for you all tonight!!

Ride Safe & Enjoy Each Ride [smiley=helmet.gif]
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 11:38:54 AM »

We all echo what JCZ and 05rider stated.  Mark, I hope things work out ok for your friend.  He has a good friend in you.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 06:00:52 PM »

Well Dougie was one lucky man as far as injuries go!! In the hospital by 9:30 checked out with a few minor cuts and abrasions, out by 12:30. No crutches, a small knee wrap!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Thank God for that miracle.

Now to deal with the bike, thats gonna hurt some!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 09:26:44 PM »

Sorry Doug,
    I know you've heard this before....LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES.  I hate to see someone go down (I hope everyone is gonna be OK).  The fact is that the the first thing in driving school should be is a training class on a bike. It might make people more aware of "OTHER" vehicles on the road.  That's the point,  cagers don't freakin look.  They think that the bike that just turned the corner a second ago is still on their way.  Fact is,  bikes are better, faster, stronger in power than any cage built for production use, and that bike will get there faster than the cagger ever thought.  We ride for a reason,  and many are different...as are mine from day to day.  Some days I want to do some miles and forget......some days it's about adrenilin......some days it's about spendin good time with Mrs.Beagle....
  What ever the reason,  we should be able to persue our passion safely.  I still support the legislation that all drivers go through a bike safety class.
   I travel the world,  mainly in Asia.  People look before they move over there because anyone driving a car has had a bike of one sort or another (usually a moped or scooter),  but that's fine......THEY LOOK.

I know I'm off on a tangent right now,  but there are a lot of issues that are coming up that I have some input (good or bad) about.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 09:34:33 PM »

Beagle,
I'll pass that on to him, and he knows that as well, Fact is he as much as said it himself, He was the fault on this one, got stupid on an unfamiliar road, with washout from the bigtime rainfall we just had, rolled on it to bark his pipes with the rest of the crew, it got outta control, and he wasn't on his game.. No cages here to blame..
Mark

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 09:46:21 PM »

My,
    sorry for flaming the freakin cages,  but my words stay as they stand.  I almost gave up a little last weekend myself and that can happen.  No bad,  as long as the riders are OK.  Bikes are nothing more than a machine (sorry guys.......you CAN NOT REPLACE PEOPLE.) As much as we like to think our bikes are part of us (and they are)....you do this shtick long enough and you will go down if you don't pay attention.  All the best to Douggie..........
Later

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 09:54:48 PM »

Beagle,
Aint a damn thing to be sorry about!!! Couldn't agree with you more with the damn cages! My women never gets on my bike without pocket change in her jacket pockets. She's all about giving money away to people who deserve it  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] matter of fact we have several BIG HD steins filled with our giving away money!
Mark  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 08:28:13 PM »

Hey Mark-

Glad to see Dougie's alright. Hope all goes well with the bike & insurance company.

Take Care & Be Safe,

Mark

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 09:43:48 PM »

Yeah Mark, I'm wondering how that's going to go for him myself!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 12:11:29 AM »

Mark,
Just getting caught up on stuff here. Sorry to hear about your friend, glad that his injuries weren't too intense. Bike damage doesn't look that bad and they both should be ready to be in the wind soon.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 08:59:45 AM »

Firedood,
No doubt to that bro! All should be well soon!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.