Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pay as u go cell phone help  (Read 686 times)

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
Pay as u go cell phone help
« on: June 22, 2011, 04:25:36 PM »

Ok here is my idea. I need some info. I live in Canada and I would like to see if anyone could shed some light on my idea. In stead of using my phone in the USA it would be cheaper if someone had an old pay as u go phone I could get from them so when I cross the border I can phone other CVO'er when I get to Sturgis and maybe hook up with them. I am not cheap but roaming charges are deadly.

Bub
bend it, chop it, cut it, bang it, weld it and paint it to match........

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Pay as u go cell phone help
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:04:21 PM »

Ok here is my idea. I need some info. I live in Canada and I would like to see if anyone could shed some light on my idea. In stead of using my phone in the USA it would be cheaper if someone had an old pay as u go phone I could get from them so when I cross the border I can phone other CVO'er when I get to Sturgis and maybe hook up with them. I am not cheap but roaming charges are deadly.

Bub

Just visit many roadside convenience stores or Wal Marts (and other shops as well).  Pick up a Tracfone.  Prepaid phone and account for $20 or so.  You can add time and/or minutes as you need them.  Can do it buying at a store or through the phone itself.  Tracfone; recommended by drug dealers nationwide.

My mom uses a cell phone to the tune of less than 60 minutes a year.  But I want her to have something with her when she's off to the store or otherwise out farting around.  Keep a Tracfone for her.  A lot cheaper than adding a line to the existing account.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 09:14:44 PM »

My mom uses a cell phone to the tune of less than 60 minutes a year.  But I want her to have something with her when she's off to the store or otherwise out farting around.  Keep a Tracfone for her.  A lot cheaper than adding a line to the existing account.

My mom does the exact same thing...the Tracfone that is, i don't know about the farting..tmi!  :cherry:

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 12:22:45 AM »

Bub

i also live in Canada (Calgary), however spend a lot of time in Phoenix. I go to Best buy, WalGreens etc. I buy a Virgin/Samsung Mobile Phone for $20.00 with their Virgin Mobile Minute and Time Plan 400 minutes for $20.00, and when I am driving around in the US or when in Phoenix I use as my every day phone, no land line, of course I have a Phoenix Phone Number. And can be used anywhere in the US.

geezerglide

cold1

• Full CVO Member
    • AB

• CVO1: 04 SEEG pumpkin
    • CVO2: 2010 WOLF Big Dog
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 12:52:41 AM »

more excellent info, thanks for your input  :pumpkin:

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.