Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 110 down  (Read 1802 times)

mud man

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 silver
110 down
« on: July 05, 2011, 11:11:25 PM »

09 serg everything stock : lifters stopped rolling over cams  and beat  em up.....why... don't know?   I do know I just started my 2 week vacation!!! had trip all booked guess thats screwed!! take a little while to get the parts.     30 000 km... and this!! yep sucks bike never abused only loved oil changed before intervals the works why...????!!!! WHAT THE .... HAPPENED?
it ain't about getting to the grave in a perfectly preserved body it's about sliding in sideways saying  WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!

mud man

• Junior CVO Member

Re: 110 down
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 07:57:22 AM »

ya know...............................a lot of people seem to be having lifter problems ?
it ain't about getting to the grave in a perfectly preserved body it's about sliding in sideways saying  WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!

hdtwncam

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:20:47 AM »

got mine back up and running after one lifter failure. flushed everything i could out and so far so good. no bottom end noise that i can hear.

09 serg everything stock : lifters stopped rolling over cams  and beat  em up....

you say "lifters" - more than one?  both cams?

.why... don't know? 

on my wife's flhrsei2 i don't know either.. but i have had some people say it could have been the hardening of the cam that did the damage and not necessarily the lifter/s.  chicken or the egg thing i guess.

I do know I just started my 2 week vacation!!! had trip all booked guess thats screwed!! take a little while to get the parts.     30 000 km... and this!! yep sucks bike never abused only loved oil changed before intervals the works why...????!!!! WHAT THE .... HAPPENED?

that sucks... it never happens with good timing but that is terrible timing .. you got murphed

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 01:34:24 PM »

Sucks to go down but especially when a big trip was planned. I do have two bikes but only one is set up for touring. I'd consider renting a bike if the trip was that special.

Did you see other thread about the BMW testing? Rent one of those and say goodbye to HD. :D

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 02:34:19 PM »

09 serg everything stock : lifters stopped rolling over cams  and beat  em up.....why... don't know?   I do know I just started my 2 week vacation!!! had trip all booked guess thats screwed!! take a little while to get the parts.     30 000 km... and this!! yep sucks bike never abused only loved oil changed before intervals the works why...????!!!! WHAT THE .... HAPPENED?
[/quote
Loving Care can not compensate for a lousy engine, my well maintained 07 exploded like a hand grenade internally. The replacement engine clattered excessively.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 03:10:39 PM »

Sometimes junk is just junk, and no amount of loving care and maintenance can overcome junk.  Design, lousy part quality, whatever the causes a Harley is by far the least reliable vehicle I have ever owned going all the way back to the old clapped out VW bug I drove in college. 

Good luck, hope you get back on the road soon.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mud man

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 09:45:10 PM »

well looks like the pin (guess thats what its called) came out of the roller on one of the lifters some would say a fluke  I would say a flaw for sure. Ive got extended warranty and my dealer was kind enough to give me a demo rg ultra till it's fixed.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 09:52:02 PM »

Good Dealer, now go on your trip and enjoy it.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

fatboybern

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 10:49:53 PM »

just curios on this one as i am convinced the ticking i am hearing in my motor is lifters i havent pulled her down yet to prove her but will soon hopefully not in the middle of my seattle trip coming up going to go see the highway to the sun on the way anyone else see lifter issues with these bigger inch engines

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 22 queries.